Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Beach Palace(Cancun)
9,953 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Cancun, Mexico. First of all, let me say thank you to all those reviewers who wrote about Live Aqua. It truly helped me to prepare for my vacation there.
I have no regrets about staying at this phenomenal hotel! Their motto is truly your wish is my command!
Let me start with
ambience: excellent! The aromatherapy smells are soothing to the senses.
Service: the people there are so friendly, polite, respectful, genuine and willing to please. I must say special thanks to Luis Ayala from Azur for his outstanding service, and for his help in giving me spanish translation. Jorge from Siete and the staff from Siete who made fried calamari and fresh smoothies Possible although they were not on the menu. I must mention Luis also from Siete who was willing to please on our first morning for breakfast. Not forgetting to say thank you to Aldo from the Sushi Station for whipping up sushi in 7 minutes. Thanks also to the girl who provides drinks on the beach and will bring anything we wished for such as a pineapple smoothie.
These wonderful people and all the staff at Live Aqua are always smiling and truly made our stay a memorable one. Thanks also to concierge who gladly made sure papaya was in our room as a surprise for my husband. Thanks also to Alexius and the girl (she would say have an amazing day) at the pool who was always a friendly face when getting warm towels.
Food: there are several choices for food on site and though we didn't have time to try them all we enjoyed the food at MB, Azur and Siete! The breakfast buffet at Siete is the absolute BEST! Dinner at both MB and Azur were also delicious. MB is more of an elegant and homey dining experience while a little more casual was the Azur. We have to mention the cafe which is found by going through the gift shop entrance. Pastries, brownies and coffee at any time of the day which were always so delicious!
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Great location- across the street from La Isla mall and steps to getting the buses R-1 and R-2 to get to market 23 & market 28
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Martha3005
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thank you as always Valeria!!!! You and really all the staff is just amazing. I have stayed at this hotel a few times and would stay no where else in Cancun! Lorena is always very very good to us.
Jonathan goes above and be on to give great service to EVERYONE. David is one of my favorite he really has always done a great job in customer service:) Valeria is at the front desk she is the very very best at customer service, sweeetest girl in Cancun. There is one more person that is in the Aqua lounge never can remember her name but i call her my translator lol. Patrica is a great server and always makes us feel welcome during our stay. Bottom line, this is the hotel to stay in if you want great service beautiful beaches great food and just need to relax!

Room Tip: Aqua Suite it is worth the upgrade!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ZackIdaho
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Live Aqua over 5 nights back in May. This was our first vacation without our children. We had a fantastic time at this resort. The pools are very nice but it is true what many people say: you do have to get out there early to get a chair nearby. We opted for the beach instead. I prefer to feel sand between my toes.

The food was very good. The breakfast is buffett style, which I know some people don't like. But the quality of the fresh fruits and drinks was great. During the day, I have to say that our favorite spot to nibble was the Sea Corner which serves ceviche and seafood tacos. One time an iguana hung out there. The dinners we ate at MB were excellent. The habanero soup really is something special.

We also visited the spa one afternoon, me for a massage and my wife for a body exfoliation treatment. We made sure to go an hour early to do a session of hydrotherapy. I had never done that before, so by the time I was ready for my massage I was already feeling wholly malleable and cleansed. My wife adored how her skin felt after her body exfoliation.

The service was always excellent for us (we did make sure to tip a few dollars to our servers and to the room service people). We would love to go back. Our experience at Live Aqua provided exactly what we needed and wanted.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Richard H
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The property is beautiful - gorgeous beach, clear water, nice spa. Rooms and ocean views were great (even from the ocean view rooms). Rooms felt clean and modern. Great service at the pool and bars. Food is good. Only recommendation is that they could do a better job marketing the food so that you choose the restaurant that offers what you are in the mood for. A couple of the restaurants have very different menu(s)/offerings at each meal - which is great for variety - but we kind of stumbled into it, versus being able to intentionally plan.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank dck_333
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to unwind and enjoy, and if I had not had an absolutely incredible stay here 2 years ago, I am sure that this review would be all positive. Unfortunately, I was hoping for a repetition of the phenomenal prior experience, and this one fell short in comparison. It is a gorgeous property and I still highly recommend the Live Aqua all-inclusive, though may try other places before returning myself. The biggest difference was in service: this time, I would say that 30% of the staff were incredible, 65% good, and 5% so-so (two years ago it was 75% incredible-25%good-0%so-so, and the staff then seemed to genuinely enjoy working at Live Aqua, which of course made it a wonderful experience for everyone). Regarding rooms, last time I stayed in a suite and this time ended up upgrading to the same suite after being disappointed by the size and view of an Aqua-club level ocean-view room (and we wanted the pool cabana that comes with the suites only). On rooms, I would recommend either going all-out or save your money and do the very basic. The Aqua club is nice but alone is not worth the extra room cost. In regards to drink, I was pleased with the brand options available in the all-inclusive (Bombay Saphire, 1800 Anejo tequila, Bacardi Solera rum, Black Label, etc.) and they make some good mixed drinks. Food options was a challenge for us, a group of vegetarians. Breakfast was good with the extensive buffet and a manager happy to make what we asked for (vegetarian tamales and potato patties). In other meals, there were always veggie offerings yet they rarely contained protein (even the beans were not veggie-safe...). The chefs took quite seriously our concerns and requests and often made us special meals, such as a wonderful tortilla soup and several other things (veggie hors-devours in the lounge, more veggie offerings in the buffets, etc). I think that they will learn a lot by reading some veggie cookbooks so that the dinner entrees can contain more balanced nutrition. All-in-all, this experience was very good and I still recommend this property, yet I also hope that they can return to the incredible that they were two years ago. Thankfully, everyone was happy to hear our concerns and eager to improve.

Room Tip: Either do the cheapest or splurge on a suite. In-between are not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Kristen T

Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests needs and exceed their expectations during every visit. I can assure you that every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously, in order to keep standards expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

Should you consider Live Aqua Cancun for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements, we all will be very honored to have an opportunity to welcome you back and present to you the significant improvements in our Resort.

Warmest regards,