“One of Top Resorts in World”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I went to Live Aqua for a four night stay for her birthday and stayed in the Aqua Suite. From the time we arrived and were swept up to the concierge level to the fond farewell, the resort was just amazing. The resort was first class, from the facilities to the people. Everyone treated us like royalty. There was a smile on every face and exceptional service at every turn. We did not have one bad experience during our entire stay. The resort is truly a spa experience that puts you in a state of relaxation. They exceeded any wishes that we could have wanted. We were taken care of throughout our stay by Lorena (VIP Manager). Her smiling face and incredible attitude was amongst the best we have seen traveling throughout the world to the finest resorts. She was helped by Marijo and her Supervisor (Catarina). They made sure we were happy at all times and are very special people. I cannot say enough about these great people. Alfredo (server) in Siete made every one of our mornings happy and relaxed. He made great suggestions and always made sure we were taken care of. Chef Eric and his kitchen staff were equally amazing making special dishes and providing a world class food and beverage experience. We will definitely be returning as it was one of the top stays I have ever had. Thank you to everyone at Live Aqua.

Room Tip: The Aqua concierge and Aqua Suites are definitely worth the extra money.
1  Thank Christopher S
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to my staff as they continue improving our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment we pulled up to Live Aqua we were sure we had picked the right spot for a relaxing vacation. The bell staff took our bags and escorted us into the lobby where the sounds of water fountains and the aromatherapy immediately make you at ease. Check-in took only moments and while we waited for the check-in process we were treated to a hand massage. We were off to a good start!

The rooms are large and roomy with a nice sized soaking tub along with a stand-up shower. I will say I also loved the lighted mirror in the bathroom as well. The room also included a comfy chair and ottoman, desk and chair, flat screen TV, coffee maker, and dresser with built-in stocked mini-fridge. We got an oceanfront room and the view was breath taking! We had a view of the grounds, pools, and the gorgeous ocean. There is a small balcony just perfect for relaxing at the end of the day as well as a wonderful way to wake up. After the sun went down and things cooled off, I opened the balcony doors and just relaxed listening to the sounds of the ocean.

We were so impressed with the restaurants not only for the qualify of food and service, which were both outstanding, but also for the variety of views and dining experiences. Siete (7) had a phenomenal breakfast buffet with anything you could desire for breakfast! For lunch and dinner you had a choice between the mostly Italian buffet or traditional Mexican food menu option. Azur has a gorgeous 180 degree view of the ocean and the food and service were wonderful. They have a buffet at lunch or you can order off the menu. At night, they have a seafood based menu but many other options for non-seafood people. MB was great and all the reviews were not wrong. I agree with everyone when they say you have to order the habanero soup. It is amazing. It is a little on the hot side but bearable and so tastey! Also the duck and the coal filet were outstanding. For more casual lunch there is the Sea Corner with tacos, tostadas, etc. or you can eat right in your pool chair with panninis, nachos, and quesadillas. Don't miss the Hidden Garden (reservations a day in advance though). It is asian themed and has a great intimate setting. Inlaa-kech restaurant has an upcharge but you can use your food credit on your room to offset it. I would say don't miss it. It is all-you-can eat style and they have lobster, steaks, veal, lamb, etc. There are only about 10-12 tables and the chef comes out to talk to you and get your feedback on dinner. There is also a sushi station near MB and Siete if you want a light meal or appetizer. In-room dining is also available 24-7 and is so good and to your room within 30 minutes.

I need to make special mention of Patricia and Ian at AKA Bar. Their customer service was out of this world. They both got to know us and what we liked and were always there with a fresh one before the drink in hand was empty. The pool staff was very efficient as well.

The pools are wonderful. They have 8 of them, including one with a swim-up bar and an infinity pool. All the pools are a little different temperature but all very comfortable. The ocean front area had lots of chairs and you could find a beach chair just about any time of day. The beach area was kept very clean, as well as the rest of the grounds. You always saw someone cleaning and making the hotel clean and safe for all the guests. If the resort is full, you might want to reserve a beach chair on your way to breakfast. We didn't have an issue finding a chair until 300 Texans descended on the resort but more on that later. We did rent a cabana one day and it was well worth it - plus it comes with a bonus 20 minute foot massage. Heaven!

We did encounter an issue with our air conditioner. The staff not only moved us to another room but they took us to the available rooms for our review and choice before moving us. They were helpful and very concerned about making sure the issue did not ruin our experience. Kudos to knowing how to recognize an issue and save the day with an outstanding response. Special thanks to Alan from the Concierge desk who took us from room to room then delivered our luggage to the new room.

My only note to the hotel echos a recent post regarding hosting a huge BBQ convention. My suggestion would be to not host this event or others like it in the future. Our quiet, relaxing hotel changed dramatically when 300 Texans arrived. They completely dampened the relaxation factor and the ambience of the entire resort. They were loud, disrespectful to other guests, and rude to the staff. Case in point, a pool they were all in while listening to a country singer one evening had to be drained and cleaned because they evidently couldn't be bothered to leave the pool to "do their business". It was disgusting and smelled horrible. I would not have wanted to be the staff who had to clean that pool out! The group was swearing and loud and basically treated everyone as if they owned the resort. At night they were in the hallways until all hours of the night talking very loudly about who could drink whom under the table - just class-less. It did affect our stay.

But overall, this is a wonderful resort and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing or romantic place to spend their vacation!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have a great view and the higher floors have a complete view of the grounds as well...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Karla G
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Like most people who look on Trip Advisor, I read all the reviews and decided Live Aqua was the place to go. I have travelled quite extensively and unlike most travellers I don't expect everything to be outstanding. However, the following is my review of Live Aqua.

Arrival
Took a private transfer to the hotel (USA Transfers - see separate post) and was immediately impressed with the exterior when we pulled up. Greeter was engaging and welcomed us to "the beautiful Live Aqua"

Check-in
We had booked the Aqua Club floor which meant we were given a private check-in on the 5th floor which in itself is nice. We were spared the time share sales pitch but we were asked if we would like an upgrade. The conversation went like this:

Rep: Would you like to upgrade to and Aqua Suite for $130 U.S a night or the Fiesta Suite for $250 U.S a night?

Me: Sure. I will take the Aqua Suite.

Rep: I am sorry. We have no Aqua suites available only the Fiesta.

Me: Okay I will stay with my original booking.

Ten minutes goes by and the person I spoke with had left leaving another Live Aqua employee to attend us.

Me: You know what, can I get on a waiting list if an Aqua Suite becomes available while I am here?

Rep 2: Sure let me look in the system. Oh looks like we do have an Aqua Suite available right now for $250 U.S. per night.

Me: Wait a minute, the person who just left said $130 U.S. per night??

Rep 2: Hold on let me call the Manager <makes the call> Okay the manager says you can have it for $150 per night.

Me: Deal!

Summary - Looks like the price varies depending on who you are talking to. Something not quite right with that.

Room
The room itself was in fact spectacular and comfortable however in retrospect I am not sure it was worth 25% of what I paid for the whole trip. It did have a nice hot tub for two, double bathrooms, lovely terrace and living room was very nice.

Facility
As others have said there is little to no night life whatsoever. They did offer music by the pool on two separate days but unbelievably it was a country band from the U.S.!! Now, I don't have anything against Country music but its not what I want to hear when I go to Mexico!!! Especially two days in a row!!. I live in Texas and unfortunately all the worst representatives from that State enjoyed the band immensely. Picture a sea of drunks wearing cowboy hats walking around swaggering like they owned the place. Embarassing to watch.

Egos Bar was nice but the DJ left a lot to be desired. We did go to Coco Bongos on the Wednesday night arranged by Live Aqua. What is not posted is the fact that this "excursion" costs $60 U.S. per person which gets you there and seats you in a private section where the drinks are included. The catch is they take you there but you find your own way back to the hotel.

Pools
The pools are excellent although I prefer the beach. Only problem with the beach is it is hard to get drink service unless you track someone down and tell them where you are. Seating around the pool is non-existent unless you are up at dawn. Heard one person proudly describing how he is the designate in his group who gets up at 6 and comes down and reserves a dozen seats for those he is travelling with. Shameful!

Fortunately, we had a Cabana (part of the Suite upgrade) so we didn't have any issues with the chair game. The daily 20 minute foot massage was a nice touch too.

Spa Services
Wife enjoyed the massage and facial and was totaly pleased with the service there.

MB was a good restaurant however the menu got old real quick considering it was 1 of only 3 restaurants. The Hidden Garden closed for renovations the day we got there and the In La Kesh restaurant charges $60 for steak and Lobster so I can't include them among my review. Never did see or hear from the much praised Chef Eric however I will say the Habanero Soup deserves the reputation it has - delicious. That left Siete and the beach restaurant Azur as the only viable options. Food was good in Siete but lunch didn't vary too much from dinner insofar as selection . Food at both of these places was good but not much variety. Azur is not air conditioned so insufferable heat is part of the ambiance. There is another little place by the beach that is known for the Fish Tacos which I didn't find as good as others have indicated.
Oddly enough, one of the best meals we had was at a little place in the La Isla Mall across the street. (can't remember the name but it is across from Hooters on the water front)

Staff
I must say the staff was the best thing about Live Aqua. Friendly and always with a smile. Hats off to Alejandro (MB) Roger (Bar between MB & Siete) and others whose names I apologize for forgetting. Maid service was excellent as was the room service. Different menu in room service so you should give it a try if you plan on going there.

Summary
Truth is, I really wanted to love the place but in the end there just wasn't anything that stood out as I had hoped. With so many options out there with similar or better price points I doubt I would be inclined to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cougartoy

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our front desk manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have our honeymoon in Cancun. We chose Live Aqua, and we are so thankful we did. Upon entering Live Aqua you are greeted by a pleasant happy staff. As you enter you are immediately enveloped in the soft spa aroma and a beautiful cascading waterfall. We had opted for the Live Aqua Club. We directed to the fifth floor for our check in. We in our room within minutes of our check in. I highly recommend taking the Live Aqua Club. There is additional cost but its well worth it. The club area faces both the ocean and Bay Area. The service is exemplary. I'd like to personally thank Isabel for her kind, helpful service while our many stops at the club.
The grounds, the pools, and ocean views were breathtaking. We did not want to miss a minute of our day. We were up early at the pool and came in right before sunset. We loved sipping on glass of wine as we watched the sunset.
The food and service were extraordinary. We enjoyed every meal. They were always variety. We loved being able to sit outside at Azur and enjoy dinner as we overlooked the ocean. The service was exemplary. We were always greeted with a smile and all our needs were satisfied and taken care of. Our compliments to the How's it going?management staff. Your staff is very trained in customer service, appreciation, and satisfaction. We like to thank Fernando at 7. He immediately made an effort to develop a relationship with us. He made sure he would take care of all of our dining needs. He would always make me a surprise beverage. Each one was different from the day before. Thank you Fernando.

My only concerns with the resort is the fact the doors to the rooms or suites slam. Doors may need to be adjust to avoiding the slamming of the doors. We also felt that rooms could benefit from better sound proofing.

Suggestion to management: Live Aqua should always hold its distinction as a tranquil, spa resort. With that I would hope you never open up resort to a Texas country music performers. Our peace and quiet came to halt when 200 Texans arrived. Thankful there visit was short.

*****This is a suggestion to all those visiting Cancun. Please do not fall into the trap of the time share people who you are immediately greeted by at the airport. They will state that you will merely visit there hotel and that it is not a time share. It's dishonest and the 90 minutes will cost you almost a day away from your lovely stay at Cancun.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank MaddyP7770

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we do try to give the best care to every guest and our most special attention is for those who share their unique moments such as honeymoon with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our service, restaurants, beach and pools.
We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not to distant future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our second trip back to Live Aqua. Our first time was memorable: the staff, service, food, and grounds were all exceptional. It appeared that this experience would be impossible to beat. Usually we are only able to travel once a year and we were apprehensive in returning back to the same resort. We typically like to travel to new areas and other resorts; however, everything kept leading us back to Live Aqua.
We returned back to Live Aqua on May 11th for a 6-night stay. We held Live Aqua to a very high standard and had very high expectations. I’m pleased to say, our second time was better than the first!
The food at Live Aqua is by far the best that we have experienced at any all-inclusive resort. From the room service to the MB restraunt, all of the entrees are well presented and taste exceptional.
Live Aqua is truly paradise. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. They appear to have cut back on the aroma therapy that some have commented on. The grounds are very well manicured and the white sand beach is something you would see in a postcard! We have visited numerous places all around Mexico and the ocean near the hotel zone is by far the best.
The staff at Live Aqua is superb and they made our trip one never to forget. You will not find better service anywhere else. We would like to especially thank:
Executive Chef Eric
Isabel- Siete Restraunt
Chef Alejandra- MB Restraunt
German- Pool Area
Jesus- Pool Area
We have had such an enjoyable experience that we are planning on a third trip to Live Aqua. Thank you again to all our friends at Live Aqua and hopefully see you all in December!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lucas2100
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This has been by far the BEST All-Inclusive Resort I have been to. From the moment you walk in the door your senses are enlightened with a spa aroma and hand massage. The resort is simply beautiful inside and out. The outdoor area is lined with the breathtaking views of the crystal blue ocean. The infinity pool was my favorite place for getting lost in the moment and the Sea Corner (outside seafood resturant) was my favorite lunch spot because it overlooked the beach. The Restaurants were spectacular and the service was OUTSTANDING, Chef Eric Personally introduced himself to us and made us exclusive meals for dinner and breakfast (please feel free to request to see Chef Eric and ask him for the Big Foot Eggs) Tell him Gina sent you ;) Chef Eric and his staff went out of their way to make sure our vacation was EXTRA special and we will truly never forget it. I am a self proclaimed foodie and I've been to other resorts where the meals were mediocre at best, that was certainly NOT the case here. Each and every meal from the Sushi, to Flank Steak, to the Unlimited Lobster Dinner, to the Room Service was an Epicurean Experiance you must taste for yourself. What are you waiting for?? Book your trip! :)

Room Tip: Just a tip, if you want a single (king size) bed, make sure thats what your reservation says, we boo...
1  Thank Gina T
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My now husband & I stayed at Live Aqua June 11-17th and actually got married there on the 15th! I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous this place is...this was our first visit to Cancun and we were not disappointed. Many people were shocked to find out I wasn't going to check out the resort prior to the wedding, but from the reviews & pictures I wasn't worried. Upon arrival to Live Aqua we were greeted with happy, smiling staff and a wonderful aroma that made me feel like I was at the spa. We originally booked an oceanfront room with terrace, but were upgraded to the Aqua Club Level which was a nice gesture. The Aqua Club Level was cool with an exclusive Club Room open most of the day with snacks, full bar, coffee & amazing views. While we enjoyed this upgrade, my husband & I both agreed it wouldn't be worth the additional charge in the future. We then made our way to our spacious, clean room with a GORGEOUS view of the ocean. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable and we felt thoroughly rested after each night of sleep. Now for the food...we ate breakfast almost every morning at Siete (delicious buffet style breakfast- ask one of the servers to hook you up with the Bigfoot eggs- they are TO DIE FOR! see picture below...) We also ate dinner at MB twice and loved it! The habanero soup was spicy & so good! I also really enjoyed the tuna sashimi, citrus chicken & ribs. The service was a little slow at times, but overall this was my favorite restaurant. The Sea Corner (small, hidden restaurant close to the pool with swim up bar) was fabulous! The shrimp tacos and the Caribbean ceviche were both soooo good! This was a great lunch spot and you were able to order food from one of the staff members at the swim up bar. We also really enjoyed the sushi station where you can get around 8 different types of rolls. Now to the beach...the sand and water were by far the prettiest I've ever seen. The sand was so soft and never became too hot to walk barefoot on. The ocean water was simply beautiful with multiple shades of blue throughout. The staff was super friendly and always eager to please. Since my now husband & I got married here, we had the pleasure of working with Lisbeth the wedding coordinator and her assistant, Karla. They were both so helpful & made the planning process a breeze. We were extremely satisfied with how the ceremony, cocktail hour & reception turned out and I highly recommend this resort for those searching for a destination wedding location. I can't say enough about how great our experience was at Live Aqua Cancun and we MOST DEFINITELY will be back!!!!