“Excellent hotel and restaurants!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Cancun and an all adult inclusive. Live Aqua is absolutely beautiful and the food is fabulous. The Chef Executive Eric De Maeyer is by far the best in the area. His expertise in top cuisine was evident at all of the Live Aqua restaurants. He welcomed my husband and myself and was just fantastic! We were there for seven days and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is newer, clean and contemporary, the grounds are beautiful, location perfect, food fantastic, and the staff is top notch. We will definitely go back to Cancun next year and we will only stay at Live Aqua!! Leo and Carol

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (9,448)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The first plus is the adult only environment. We've all been there and done our share of holidays with the kids but this was our time to indulge. We were made to feed special from the moment we arrived. Live Aqua delivers on every count. The staff are polite friendly 'happy' and professional. From the small army of cleaners, gardeners, porters, waiters and chamber maids you will receive the same polite genuine and personal attention. The Live Aqua team are dedicated and hard working helping to ensure that your holiday is the best it can be. Teams of Live Aqua staff do all they can to make your stay a memorable one and for al the right reasons. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write about my experience at any hotel. Having stayed in hotels in Europe, Singapore, Manila, Hong Kong, Maldives, Egypt and many more I can honestly say that the Live Aqua tops the lot and sits along side some of the best hotels around the world. From the simple architecture and serene surroundings inside to the perfectly maintained gardens and inviting swimming pools outside you will struggle to find fault with the Live Aqua. All this is one of the most beautiful settings in the world on the edge of the Caribbean Sea makes it the perfect place to relax and forget the stresses of normal daily life. And I haven't mentioned the rooms. we spent very little time in our room but suffice to say that it was perfect. The view over the gardens and Caribbean sea is spectacular. the bed was huge (USA King size) and probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I cant write this review without making a special mention of some of the team I personally met and who made this holiday one of the best I can remember. A special thanks goes to Eric, the executive Chef and senior member of the Live Aqua team who takes the time out of what is a very busy day to meet as many guests as he can. His teams of chefs and waiters around the hotel all follow the same code as Eric to make guests feel welcome and special. Thanks to Carlos, Eric's deputy, for looking after us so well and for being so helpful. Thanks to Wilfrido, Jonathan, Hugo Y Luis and Natalia at the Azur beach restaurant for making every visit a pleasure. Thanks to the army of waiters around the pool and on the beach who work so hard and tirelessly to provide guests with a raft of cocktails and drinks all day. Thanks to the life guards for diligently watching over us and for being so friendly. Thanks to all of the Live Aqua team who are dedicated and who made our stay a five star experience. If you think this all sounds too good to be true then you have to experience the Live Aqua for yourselves. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor in the centre of the hotel. Rooms below the fourth floor may not h...
Reviewed May 26, 2013

All the positive reviews you have already read are true. We just returned from one of the best vacations ever. We have stayed at several all-inclusive adults only resorts and this is the best so far. The service is great. Everyone from the front desk, to the servers, to the groundskeepers all have a smile, a good word and will do anything they can to help. The grounds, pool and rooms are all kept in top shape. The food is the best we have had in a resort. We especially enjoyed MB and Chef Eric. He takes a personal interest in each customer. Don't miss the Habanero Soup and the Coal Fillet. You'll have to search for it, but the Sea Corner is a great lunch location for Seafood Tacos, Tosados and Ceviche. Special kudos to my friend in the Deli, Ricardo. He was always ready with my morning latte and a smile. Most people didn't know but the Deli serves ice cream after 10 AM. We highly recommend Live Aqua to anyone who wants great service, wonderful food and a relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor Garden View rooms. Folks can walk by outside and look directly into your room unl...
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua Cancun last July. It was the everything we'd hoped for! Amazing views from our room AND the pool! We always received attentive service in the restaurants, bars and pool area. And the concierge!! We weren't looking for a spring-breaker type hotel-just a relaxing resort. And that's what we got! We look forward to returning to Live Aqua!

Room Tip: Ocean view - worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Me and my husband went on our honeymoon here. It was absolutely perfect for us and the reason why were down there. The food was amazing and their was such a wide selection of liquor included in the all inclusive! The only thing I would say is that it is not the place you would want to come if you are looking to party. The bars by the pool close at sundown and there is one bar in the hotel that closes at 1am which is the bar that's open the latest. It was nice for us because we were on our honeymoon but we would not stay here again just for a regular vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

That one word summons it up. My husband travels the world on business-we got off the plane and he said: Wheres the gate to go back to cancun-live aqua? We tried to give up our seats on the over booked plane, so we could come back quicker...lol.

May 2013
Upon arrival your senses will be filled with spa-relaxing scented aromatherapy on every floor-every room-every little corner of the resort. A cool glass of tea and cold washclothes and a hand massage---WOW-what a 1st impresssion! A lasting impression!

We were in room 7002 and the view was magnificent!!! I posted pics on their fb page directly.
Each room has a CUTE beach bag convient for spending time all around the pool/ocean/fitness/spa. They also make sure to give you flip flops in your room in case you forgot yours.
I was "sickly" upon arrival-Any phone call we made was responded to within 5 mins....with them at our room. (got locked out of safe) (coffee pot didn't work). Room service---WOW-20 mins or less-usually.....
since I was sickly-stomach ache-from before we arrived-we ate alot of room service---FOOD WAS INCREDIABLE-I lived on the chix broth and chix ceaser salad---but my husband LOVED the filet, fahitas, and quesadillas. When we did venture out finally to the restraunts, the views and food were off the chart......the staff is EAGER to please you and everyone was soooo nice!!!! I don't know where they found the diet sprite for my stomach but I had a 6 pack in 30 mins after I requested it with the button on the phone: "your wish-my wish".
After talking to other guests who had stayed at other resorts along cancun-we knew we did it right the 1st time.........one other 5 star resort-royale, charges 12.00 (tax) per room service order--live aqua-NONE......thank god, cuz being sickly I needed the room service.

We booked all of our excursions on the property thru BEST DAY TRAVEL---I will be leaving them a 5 star review when I am done here----on way to mayan ruins-bus driver and guide pulled over to pharmacy-grabbed my hubby-bought me stomach medicine-even using their own pesos-and within 1 hour I was better and ready for REST of vacation-I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO Hugo from best day travel-he touched my heart that he cared so deeply that I had a good time on the rest of our vacation and on this excursion!!! You can't top that----you just can't. PRICELESS......

Nightly they have entertainment set up through out the various restraunts/beach-we saw a kool fire show on friday night before we left--but due to turtle nesting, it won't be done again till the turtle nesting is over......they served a buffett on the beach and full bar set up-----

Around the pool, the staff is constantly bringing you drinks and food and cool wash-clothes. I have never been so pampered.......if you book a cabana-pool or beach-it comes with a 20 min foot massage----ahhhhhhhhh--80.00usd for cabana.

It was our anniversary and my husband arranged with staff--a rose entry way into room with candles--bathtub was filled with bubbles and roses and more candles and room had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! It took our breath away-literally :-)
This was very affordable- I saw the bill-only 45.00usd.

Have your cameras ready for the rare opportunity to take pics of the parrots that will fly around in afternoon....2 of them. Not everyday-but I saw them twice---2nd time I was ready with camera :-)

I was amazed how they managed to make each guest feel special. WE WILL BE BACK and we usually like to go to different places----truely the 1st time we said: WE WILL BE BACK.....HOPE they send out special repeat business offers.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a wonderful first night. Our second night on the other hand was terrible to say the least!! My husband was sucker punched in the eye by a drunk guest and we were treated like WE did something wrong!!! My husband and our friends told the quick to descend security what had happened, and as WE were INTERROGATED and my husband bled the rude guest was enjoying his time in the POOL! Security and managements response was to send my husband to a doctor that wanted 500 dollars up front for stitches. Apparently if you want to be hit in the face and treated like the bad guy and an ATM. stay at live aqua. Lets just say we will be trying to leave 4 days early to avoid any more of this place. The servers are friendly enough, just don't expect fair treatment from the management staff. The manager said he would cover our cab to the hospital and then didn't. Let's see if he covers my calls to our insurance company like he said he would. I am completely underwhelmed to say the least. I was so excited. :(

25  Thank J T