“BEYOND what you would even expect!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“BEYOND what you would even expect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

As a NYer, I admit that I can be a bit of a food/resort snob. This was my 4th trip to Cancun albeit not for the last 13 years and didn't really know what to expect. I always have high expectations for my vacations but was leery of an all inclusive. Let me just say that my boyfriend and I experienced our own version of 'shock and awe'. From the moment that we entered the hotel, it smelled like relazation and luxury....If you go, you'll know what I mean. From the moment that we stepped up to check in, we were taken care of in ways that I had not experienced in any city. My boyfriend decided to upgrade us to a suite which includes a daily cabana, a great respite from the tropical sun and normally $80/day for a regular room. The daily cabana also included a 20 minute daily reflexology foot massage which, as a retail manager, was worth it even by itself.
We received hand massages, GREAT job Jessica, upon check in and they easily accommodated us in changing into our swimsuits in the spa as our room was not yet ready.

From the moment you walk out the back doors towards the pool, you see all blue...where the pool seamlessly drops into the ocean. So very many colors of blue, it was truly a delight for the eyes. I admit, I am more of a pool person than a beach person, but the grounds were meticulous and well maintained the sound of the ocean drew me right out onto the sand. It was a beautiful day! We decided to have lunch at Azur which is their pooliside restaurant where we had some much deserved margaritas and some yummy tacos before shedding our clothes and literally melting into the main pool and were already mentally booking our next trip.

When we got up to our suite, we noticed that we had 2 balconies and 2 full bathrooms. My boyfriend and I live in NYC...where a 2nd bathroom is a fantasy! He immediately upacked in the 2nd bathroom and claimed it as his own. After enjoying the view from our balcony(ies), we showered (sub par shower heads for such a deluxe property) ,we then walked up to the Aqua Club which is private and included in the suite upgrade. The club is on the 5th floor and has an all glass balcony where we caught a gorgeous sunset while enjoying a cocktail. This was only day 1!!!

I could go on and on about the place, but I did want to mention the food as this is always an important part of a vacay and almost always disappointing in an all inclusive. While most of the restaurants are quite good, there were a few experiences that stood out. MB was ok, we didn't eat there more than once and always opted for the buffet breakfast. What I found odd was that there was only fresh mango on the 1st day that we had breakfast. I LOVE mango and it defines the tropics for me.....The 2nd breakfast, there wasn't any and I had asked about it to 1 of the roaming staff. He walked away and returned with a fully sliced mango (and some fresh salmon) just for me! We made reservations at the 'Hidden Garden' where we had a very nice meal and ate possibly 1 of the biggest servings of tuna that I had ever seen on a plate....easily 8 ounces of meat. on this night we didn't like the offering of their desserts so we went back over to Azur for the Chocolate Bomb cake that we had the first night. When we arrived and were seated, the dessert was not on the menu (they change every day (YAY)). My boyfriend mentioned to the waiter that we were craving something chocolatey and the waiter apologized then walked away. He returned about 3 minutes later to let us know that he was having brownies prepared just for us and asked what kind of ice cream we would like with it!!! Awesome! 1 night we ordered room service as I had too much tequila 1 day and though I never order steak, I ordered the filet mignon, big chance I know. Let me just say that I sliced it with a regular knife and it was delicious! Our best meal came on our last night when we had dinner at Azur. Though not really a pasta eater, they offered a dish with sauteed chicken, mushrooms and truffle that I ordered! I ate the entire plate as I LOVE anything with truffle. Al dente pasta and delicious sauce.

Perhaps out best experience was at the fish restaurant on the mid level of the beach, I don't remember the name. We met our server, Martha, who was amazing to us. I spoke to her in Spanish (I was practicing) and she replied with interest in teaching me the proper words for items. It's a small menu but truly delicious tacos(shrimp al pastor) and tostadas (tuna). Martha was so engaging and wonderful she hugged us when we left (after eating there 2 other times) and said that she had hoped to see us soon.

I also wanted to mention that I had informed them that my trip was an anniversary celebration. I was simply hoping for an upgade to an ocean view room. Here's what they actually did;

On our second night, they sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room which was so very sweet! On our 3rd night, they prepared our room, when we were at the Hidden Garden for dinner. We walked into the main part of our suite, turned the corner to the bedroom and we were shocked!!! The room was sprinkled with rose petals and lit with candles, They put a heart on our bed with petals and drew a bubble bath for us!!!!!!! WHAT????? Unreal!!! NEVER, EVER treated like this before. Just amazingly thoughtful and romantic. We heard a similar story from people that we met who were there for a bday. They checked into their room that was covered in balloons and confetti that was spelled out as Happy Bday on their floor. They even had a small cake with a candle.....If you want to talk about above and beyond!!!

Which brings me to my last critique and quite possibly the reason why they were voted the #1 resort.....

The staff are quite possibly THE MOST incredible people I have ever met in my travels. They tend to you as if you are in their home and they never want you to leave. They are always smiling and give you their undivided attention. They are warm, friendly, almost loving in the way they treat total strangers like family. You can tell that they love what they do and if they don't, they are excellent fakers! From the staff that hands you your pool towels (Lorena was super!), to the wait staff (Hugo, Martha, Almovar...I wished I had written down the rest, they ALL deserve recognition) to the amazing management, I wish there was a way to bottle what the feel and bring it back to NYC! In my humble opinion, 7 star service!!!!

I know that this is a long review but I truly can't say enough about this place and I want eveyone who is willing to listen to know!

This is a first class experience. Don't go expecting the Ritz Carlton.....But DO go knowing that you will have the very best service experience of your life!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad view in the house. The lagoon view isn't as 'dynamic'...
7 Thank gymrat824
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. I am very glad to know that we have impressed you with our service, restaurants and selection of food. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in April location is very good across from the shopping mall. The beech was good and pools were average. Our room was very good clean and roomy and up to date. Bathroom with separate shower and bathtub was comfortable and nice. I think our room was one of the best I have stayed in for an all-inclusive hotel. Staff at bars and took care of us with good service. The food quality was not that grate however, I looked at reviews before I booked this hotel. I could not find any all inclusive in Cancun that had a better review for food. We ate in Azur once and did not go back again. In My opinion the food is just below main cruise lines food.

1 Thank Cooltraveller32825
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we strive to provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service and your feedback provides valuable information to support our continuous improvement efforts. I would like to remind all of our guests that if you want to eat something that is not in our restaurants, please let us know, and our Chef will be more than happy to prepare a special meal for you, if the ingredients are available.

I assure you that all your suggestions were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion. Should you consider Live Aqua Cancun for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warmest regards.
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Live Aqua was a wonderful place for my friends and me to celebrate turning 30. Some of the restaurants had a hard time accommodating to our large group of 8 but it was still a ton of fun. The best restaurant by far was Siete! The Manager: Jahaziel, Waither: Alfredo, Chef: Francisco really pulled out all the stops our last night there by creating an extravagant 5 course meal for our group.

The pools were AWESOME! The beach and the ocean was by far some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. The staff was friendly and helpful but definitely more so if you tipped.

Really my only complaint is there were never any towels to dry your hands after using the restroom. There would only be boxes of kleenex and it was just wasteful and weird to use. It wasn’t enough to damper our spirits from having the time of our lives though!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JFay11
bristol, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is absolutely beautiful but very cold in appearance. Looks more like Vegas than Mexico. Service is fantastic cater to every whim. Food is good but Inlakeech restaurant not included. Nice but way over priced. Stay away from sushi bar it's terrible. Spring for the Aqua club if you can, worth the little extra they charge for a standard room. Watch out for the cabana's by the pool, if you are not in a suite they nab you 90.00 a day! Liquor is fare, pretty sure it's knocked down ask for a double, you will get a normal drink.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank oppy06010
Thank you very much for sharing your review, every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. It’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, facilities and food.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited May 1-6th with four friends from NYC, we picked Live Aqua Cancun over all other resorts in Cancun and Playa de Carmen based 90% off of the Trip Advisor reviews, and 10% based off price. We were greeted at check-in with a welcome beverage and hand massages, both were great. Jessica nailed it with the hand massages. We booked Garden View rooms but were upgraded to Ocean Front. Front Desk staff was super friendly and quick. Rooms are very nice and clean, the mini fridge was fully stocked and they will stock it with just beer if you leave a note. The word “No” is not in the staff’s vocabulary.
Siete was excellent every morning for breakfast. Oscar was very helpful and friendly.
Room Service was super fast and will send up basically anything you ask for in 20-30 mins.
MB great service, dinner and dessert were delicious.
Secret Garden was a very nice private environment for dinner.
Pool & Beach staff is super attentive and friendly.
AZUR was by far our favorite, we went there for dinner and met Wilfredo who was the star employee of the trip. He memorized all of our names right away. He was super friendly and entertaining. This man loves his job and it shows. Hugo, the chef at Azur also loves his job and knows how to take care of his customers. He came out of the kitchen and greeted us every night and prepared the “Chef’s Special” for us. Alfredo was also our waiter one of the nights at Azur, he was also excellent.
Concierge was super helpful setting up dining & nightclub reservations. Tarek doesn’t know the word “no”. He was super helpful and friendly.
Egos Bar was a great place to grab and drink, the staff was super nice and you could tell they love their jobs.
Everyone on the property was always super friendly and helpful. No complaints.
We will definitely be coming back ASAP!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Three outstanding employees made our trip more memorable and outstanding. Valeria at the front desk and Herman and David at the pool were just fabulous. They always had smiles on their faces and went out of their way to make sure we were happy and having a great time! We are still here and wish we could stay longer but will definitely be back!
The pools are fabulous and the beach is beautiful!
My only negative is the evening meals. Could definitely be improved. Also a more active night scene would be great.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms on the end overlooking the ocean are quiet and beautiful .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie B
Thank you very much for sharing with us this generous review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Maybe this should be their motto? I'm not in any way associated with the resort, but I do feel compelled to write a long detailed review of this amazing resort that my wife found as we were searching for a luxurious, higher-end, all-inclusive beach hotel/resort to celebrate our anniversary as well as her birthday, and also our first trip away from the kids since our youngest one was born.

Let me tell you, this was our BEST and MOST relaxing beach vacation ever! We were first considering Puerto Rico, Bermuda, St. Thomas, and other Caribbean destinations, but we are so glad to have come across a great deal on Live Aqua through cheapcaribbean.com! I last traveled to Cancun over a decade ago, so I've never heard of Live Aqua before now, and have learned after doing some research that it's been rated as the #1 resort in Mexico according to Travel & Leisure magazine (and #33 in the World as well?), and obviously ranked as the #2 resort in Cancun here on TripAdvisor. The more reviews I've read about Live Aqua, especially on TripAdvisor, the more excited we were about our trip! I couldn't believe that the overwhelming percentage of reviews would be not only positive, but extremely positive, on here as well as all the other sites we checked. I had to see it for myself. I almost never bother to write reviews on hotels, and only have done it one other time for our honeymoon trip because the hotel experience stood out compared to all the other many hotels I've ever stayed at, but this resort really deserves a good review!!

Not sure where to begin to tell the story, but I guess the beginning makes the most sense!

I do want to compliment cheapcaribbean.com on here as well. I've never used that site before, but I found out afterwards that apparently some friends and even co-workers have... Wish I knew about it earlier, as they not only offer incredible package deals on hotels including airfare, they have great service as well. Compared to the usual high nightly rack rates of Live Aqua, it almost seemed too good to be true that we were able to get a 5 day package including airfare for two for about 2 nights average rack rate alone! Now, timing probably helped a lot, as we traveled in late April after all the spring breakers, and also after the April school vacation week, but people don't choose Live Aqua for crazy spring break parties or bringing elementary school aged kids anyway. Regardless, all Cancun flights from the US always seem completely full anyway, so it's an amazing deal. Also, cheapcaribbean follows up with nice reminder emails before your trip, and booking roundtrip airport transfers from them is very quick and easy, and more inexpensive than some of the other hotel options I've heard. I called them for transportation after the original booking, and got someone on the phone quickly and the process was easy. They booked us with Olympus Tours, $45 roundtrip, and it was professional, fast, and friendly on nice air-conditioned Mercedes shuttle vans. Live Aqua is only about a 15-20 minute ride from the airport depending on how many stops you have to make for other guests, but we were the 2nd of 3 stops, so very reasonable. One important tip here - just make sure to go out of the terminal before seeing the real transportation companies (Olympus has the bright orange shirts and signs). There are timeshare reps outside of baggage claim, and they will try to help you with bags or find your shuttle (and we saw some unsuspecting older couples that had to spend time with them as a result). Just a simple 'no thank you' is good, and they didn't bother us at all.

Arriving at Live Aqua was very seamless. A casual 'front desk', no big lines, nice aroma therapy throughout the lobby. Very contemporary exterior, interior with the furniture, artwork, and overall resort feel, plus two white Rolls Royces parked outside to set it apart. Too bad they are not used to give rides to guests around town! The hotel definitely looks more upscale from the outside than even the Ritz Carlton and other hotels we saw along the way. We got there around noon, but check-in is not until 2 or 3pm, so we had a few hours to check out the resort first. The services aspect started right away - they started us both with free hand massages to welcome us, a nice touch! And we didn't have anyone bother us about timeshare opportunities at check-in, and actually none throughout our entire five days at the hotel! When we booked, we got the Deluxe Ocean View room, but requested a King bed. Upon check-in, they only had a King bed on the 1st floor, which isn't exactly an ocean view, so we opted for the double queen on the 4th floor which had a really nice view, but unfortunately the smaller bed, considering this is for a couple on an anniversary trip! You would think they would automatically reserve a king bed for you ahead of time since the reservation clearly stated the purpose of the trip, so I would recommend trying to confirm that with a call directly to the hotel as far in advance as possible. I called kind of late, probably a week before, but oh well, two beds are not bad either, one for sleeping, one for other things! ;)

We decided to go get lunch at Siete first, the buffet restaurant, and it was a great first meal! The very first food services person we ran into there, Marco, instantly greeted us with an enthusiastic 'hola!" with a big smile. In fact, almost every service personnel we ran into or talked to during the trip also said 'hola!' to us with a smile, and no one expected any tips. I can honestly say I've never ever seen that at any other resort or hotel that I've been to in all my years of traveling. It instantly makes you feel special and in a good mood. Marco, and others, even take the time to ask where you are from, and seem genuinely interested in what you say, and yet don't take up too much of your time so you can enjoy your vacation. Marco happily recommended some drinks based on what we liked, and they turned out to be very refreshing, some custom versions of the Miami Vice, Mango Tango, and Habana Lights... Good start!

There's also a good cafe/gift shop outside of the spa that serves coffee and pastries/desserts for quick snacks whenever you need them. Very convenient. Of course, there's always the room mini-bar, which has a selection of soda and drinks, as wells as oreo cookies and fritos/chips that's always there, and there's always 24 room service. We never bothered to use room service since the restaurants are open until 11pm anyway, and we were too full to really need anything after midnight, but if you do, it's nice to know that the room service selection is pretty extensive...

From here on, rather than a day-by-day breakdown, I'll just talk about the different aspects of the resort.

First of all, as I mentioned already, service is the big differentiator here! At the first breakfast we went to, in this case, also at Siete, I ran into someone with a black uniform in the buffet area adding sauces to what looked like a custom plate of food not seen at the buffet stations. I asked him (his nametag was simply Erick) what that was, and at first he said he didn't know, he was just making it as a special request for someone, but asked if I'd like one too. We were already full, so we said next time. And sure enough, the next day he saw us, he ran off to make that same dish (called Steve's Big Foot Eggs) just for us. It looks pretty unique, and as he was making it, I could see lots of other guests asking what it was. It was delicious! Later on, we ran into him again in the elevator, and he introduced himself as the executive chef for the hotel. He's a very nice, hardworking, humble and caring person who goes out of his way to make everyone's trip special. He even offered to send me some recipes via email, which he did before we even left Cancun. Another time we saw him, he even had his assistant take a photo of us with him, and emailed it right away. And finally, at checkout, he made sure that the front desk called him to let him know we were leaving, and he came right away to personally say goodbye. Wow, what personable service... Who does that these days?? We felt like we were welcome back any time as a second home...

We find out later that he's celebrity chef Eric De Maeyer, and his food, his team, their service, was one of the best highlights and memories of our trip. He manages a great team of 80 staff, and each one we came in contact with was extremely friendly, and some actually remembered our name and what we liked to eat or drink. Wish I could remember everyone's name, but a few others that stood out were:
- Roberto also at Siete dinnertime, who spent a lot of time making an incredible strawberry grand marnier with ice cream dessert for us!
- Alfredo, again at Siete, who was extra accommodating every time we saw him at breakfast
- Luis at the bar with the swing, happy to help take pictures for us as well as getting into pictures :)
Again, everyone was great, and deserve recognition as a team...

The food overall, especially at MB, Azur (with glass windows to block the wind from the beach), and Siete, were gourmet foodie-worthy, with beautiful presentation. I would have never thought that all-inclusives would offer food at this level, allowing us to try things that we would probably not order very often at high end restaurants at home or while traveling and have to consider the prices that go along with such exquisite names and ingredients. It was so good that we would try to eat early light dinners at one place, and then eat a late dinner somewhere else to try as many things as we can! That also reduced our urge to order room service. One of the things we'll miss about this experience is the feeling of being able to just get up and leave the restaurant after saying bye to the waiter, and not have to worry about waiting for the bill and paying, etc. Never realized how much time is saved!

We did want to point out our favorite dishes overall too. Definitely the Habanero Soup at MB that everyone has raved about, so we were anxious to try it, and now we now why, it's amazing! A little kick, but not too much, perfect saltiness but not too much, and served in a tasty little bread bowl. We had that quite a few times! :) And then at Siete, our favorite was an entree called "The Gift of the Reefs", which is snapper fillet stuffed with seafood and cactus and gift wrapped in a banana leaves. It's cooked in the oven with all its juices, so everything is moist and flavorful, and the cactus was a surprising taste and texture with it! We are not foodies by any measure, but we have tried a lot of different food from different cultures, and this was one of the best we've ever had...

Even the other dining options were good, the convenient sushi bar with a small but good maki roll menu, and the Sea Corner restaurant overlooking the beach was a great place to get drinks and try the different types of refreshing ceviche and other tasty mexican appetizers, while watching a beach volleyball game. The various places to get drinks yourself were interesting as well. Of course, gotta try the swim-up bar with stools in the pool (nice way to keep cool), and the fun bar with the swing seats.

Pools and Beach - We wanted to find a resort with the best pool and beach area, because that's where you're going to spend most of your time during a beach vacation (usually!)... And Live Aqua has, in my opinion, the nicest pool area out of all the resorts we looked at in Cancun. 8 great pools of different sizes, shapes, temperature (the heated ones are nice), hot tub that is actually hot, plenty of infinity edge pools, the biggest one being the best and widest (so everyone can enjoy and take pictures) which overlooks the beach unobstructed. The biggest size pool is a like a lap pool so you can swim for a while, and it's also heated, which is very nice in the early evening. It also has shallow ledges, wide enough to be a great place to lie down partially in the water. We did see other guests even use the ledge area to put the side tables on to hold their drinks. A great idea to keep your drinks close while in the big pool! We didn't have much trouble finding chairs near the pool, but then again, we usually didn't get down to the pool until around 11am after taking our time with breakfast. The beds are actually super comfortable, which we didn't try until the last day unfortunately. If we knew they were that comfortable, we'd try to get those more often. A lot of people do seem to leave their towels all day, but we do see staff taking away towels that seem to go unused for many hours, which is a fair thing especially if there are no belongings left. There is plenty of waiter service at the pool area (a bit less on the beach), but you can always easily get to the Azur bar, hot dog/burger stand, and random carts serving items like fruit on a stick. Missed the paella, which I guess is usually around 1pm?

The beach is excellent too, with the usual Cancun soft white sand and beautiful gradient shades of light to dark turquoise waters. Wind is usually pretty high and the common red flags for strong currents, but the water is refreshing. The beach in front of Live Aqua seemed cleaner than at some of the other open areas we walked to, less seaweed and shells/rocks/etc, and sometimes we see staff raking the sand close to the hotel side (although that might be just because of the small beach wedding there we saw that day). The mattress pads on the beach were comfortable as well.

We walked on the beach in both directions for quite some distance, and really didn't see any other resorts that had better pool areas. For example, the JW Marriott pool area was bigger than most others, but still small compared to Live Aqua, and definitely geared more for families. It really didn't have the same high-end classy resort feel, or even any really big pools, but good shallow, snaking ones that kids would enjoy. We only had time to see a small sampling different places, but it really confirmed what we saw in a lot of the many hotel review pictures.

Important tip - the Cancun sun is really strong, and even with reapplying high-spf sunscreen a few times, I still had a little sunburn on the shoulders because we were walking on the beach mid-day. We saw plenty of guests with worse sunburns, so I'd probably say that the 12-2pm hours are the best time to try the spa, lunches, malls, or other activities out of the mid-day sun. There's plenty of warm sun in the morning and afternoons to work on the tan if you want!

The Resort Grounds and Activities - The resort is very clean everywhere and the grounds are well manicured, and we always see people cleaning up, washing floors or windows, and doing daily maintenance. The pool area, even with all the food and drinks everywhere, always seems pretty immaculate considering how many guests they service. There are also parrots that live and fly at the resort that you can take pictures with, and the occasional Lamborghini Gallardo parked on the lawn from an exotic driving company that's good for a few photos too. There's one ping pong table and one pool table to be found. There are also different cooking classes (ceviche, sushi, etc) and other exercise classes. The only one we joined was the ceviche cooking class near the Azur outdoor bar, which was a nice short activity to partake in. There are also shows like a Broadway dance show and a fire show, although we only saw part of the Broadway show in the outdoor theater, which was also nice to sit in on a nice night, with drink service and a small outdoor buffet in the back.

Spa - We had to try the spa at least once, which we did. My wife got the Clay wrap, and I got the Four Hands Fusion massage. We both liked our spa service, as it's not something we do very often. Mine was very relaxing, and the sensation of four hands doing gentle massage at the same time is a nice experience. Sylvia and Ivette were both very good, not too hard and not too soft... I also really liked the foot hot tub before the massage - 10 minutes of a small hot whirlpool just for your feet.

Location - Live Aqua has a perfect location on the hotel zone strip in my opinion... Right across the street from the Outdoor La Isla Plaza with plenty of shops and restaurants, and just a couple of blocks from Kukulkan Plaza/Luxury Avenue the other way. Not too far from the airport, not too close to the clubzone (but just a short 5 min bus ride when you want to go), and not completely isolated with nothing within walking distance. The bus system is actually very good - fast, clean, and many R2 buses running all night long...

Anniversary Bonus - They made one night special with rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, rose petals on the floor with candle lights, candle lights around the room, candle lights around the tub with a drawn bubble bath that was actually still hot! Don't know how they knew what time we'd be back in the room, but maybe they knew we were having dinner at MB that night and scheduled accordingly? If so, big kudos to whomever organizes that! There was also chilled champagne, with chocolate covered strawberries too... Very nice touches!

Feedback/Recommendations for Live Aqua - We had such a great time that this section is really not considered negative at all. In fact, I don't know how anyone could honestly say anything strongly negative about this resort unless it's not the type of scene you are expecting (which that's not the resort's fault), or that you are jaded and always stay at the highest-end luxury resorts, or overly picky! (which again, can't fault the resort for that...) People do have different tastes though, so your mileage may vary... This list is really meant to provide objective feedback so Live Aqua can hopefully implement future improvements that will make the experience that much greater.
- More chairs and beds in the pool area where possible would be nice, even though we didn't have much trouble finding open chairs every day.
- Have the pool staffers be more diligent in removing towels for chairs and beds not used for 2 or 3 hours.
- Or at least do away with non-cabana bed reservations. Since they eliminated reservations at MB, getting a table for dinner seemed pretty easy.
- The hotel wristbands had sharp edges. There must be a better way to ID guests, or at least have a softer material for the wristbands.
- "Hot tub" in the spa was more like a "luke warm tub". Maybe just the day we went?
- I'm not a bathroom designer, but the shower in our room was an odd design, with the showerhead pointed right at the door so water just comes out to the floor no matter how I adjusted it. The shower was also missing some caulking between glass and wall, also allowing more water to come out. And the bathroom door just seems to be in the way when opened, right where you are supposed to stand in front of the sink.
- Faster elevators would be good (there aren't that many floors...)
- Wifi speed could be faster. Spotty reception in some areas, but overall decent speed, especially during non-peak hours. There are also a few computers available in the lobby with a printer, and there always seemed to be open seats whenever we passed by.

That's really it... None of these minor things really detracted from our resort experience at all, and there is a lot less to worry about compared to other hotels we've ever stayed at.

So overall, Live Aqua more than surpassed our expectations! It is definitely a relaxing couples-focused resort. Even though the hotel was close to capacity and even sold out on some nights we were there, we never felt like it was overcrowded, and didn't have to wait in line for anything. And with people like Chef Eric and his team who make those personal connections, we'd come back for another visit in a heartbeat... We are now officially spoiled, and it will be tough for any future vacation resort to compare to this!

Room Tip: Rooms in the center of the building away from the elevators have the best view and also quieter. 4t...
15 Thank alanyung27
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.