What an incredible vacation! In a nutshell, the service at this resort was extraordinary. There are a few suggestions that would make the experience better, but not enough to subtract a star.
Of course, the most significant thing about Live (rhymes with Give, but everyone off the resort rhymes it with Drive) Aqua is the aromatherapy. It is present everywhere indoors, including the rooms, and I personally enjoyed it. There is an oil warmer in every room, and they provide little bottles of different scents for you to experiment.
Directly after check-in, we received a lovely hand massage. Once we were sufficiently relaxed, unfortunately, we were approached by another lady who gave a very strong time share sales pitch. Being polite was insufficient, and it was uncomfortable to have to repeatedly say no 10 minutes into our vacation. I understand that's how they make money, but it was a definite turn-off. I've been on other resorts where they did the obligatory pitch, but they understood to back off after the first no thank you.
As mentioned, the service was amazing. After arriving, we got lost trying to find a restaurant for lunch. We approached one man in a black chef uniform with the name tag Eric and asked him where we could get lunch. He not only escorted us to a fantastic seafood lunch place, but he gave us a tour of the resort along the way and introduced us to chefs at other restaurants. It was only later that we learned that random chef Eric was actually the award winning celebrity chef Eric! The fact that he took time out of his schedule to give us a personal tour was incredible. In addition, he sought us out several times during our days though to provide us with specialty (not on the menu) dishes, make sure we were enjoying ourselves, etc. In addition to this personal service, everyone we met was so friendly and helpful. Wonderful!!
The food was incredible. We ended up eating at MB most nights. The habanero soup was delish, as were the injected salmon and citrus chicken. We also really enjoyed the seafood place in the left corner of the resort by the beach - fresh seafood tacos - yum.
There are no towel cards or limit to the number of towels you can request, as we have experienced on other resorts, which is a good and bad thing. Very convenient, but the problem was that everyone was wake up at the crack of dawn to reserve all the pool and beach chairs. It was fairly frustrating trying to find free chairs after breakfast (and seeing all these "reserved" chairs that were never claimed throughout the whole day).
The rooms are fantastic - much more upscale and comfortable than our previous experiences with Cancun all inclusive resorts. The bed was pillowtop soft, there were pillows of varying thicknesses, a large bathroom with a large glass shower stall and bath tub, and a wide balcony. There are plenty of hangers but limited drawers. There is a safe in the room, and amenities include a weight scale, hairdryer (not attached to the wall), flipflops and loaner beach bag.
There is free wi-fi but we did run into some connection problems in the room and in some spots on the beach and lower levels of the hotel.
The elevators were often slow (or maybe there were a lot of people taking them?) so we ended up using the stairs about 70% of the time.
Other than these minor details (the most strong negative being the sales pitch), we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would not hesitate to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua