“Great Vacation at Live Aqua!!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Vacation at Live Aqua!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just arrived home to a blizzard after being at Live Aqua from Mar 1-5th... I already miss it a lot!
From the wonderful ocean view room on the 2nd floor with an awesome view of the bright blue water..to the exceptional service on the beach especially from Walter and Aminael, the great service from Wilfredo at Azur(who recommended me the chefs special that was not on the menu), and very special shout out to my new friend Gerardo for the awesome setting up of my cabana and beach chairs on the level between the beach and the pools..(who we nicknamed Gerry) he is a really good kid who showed us respect and even volunteered to showed us the places to shop at the Cancun mercados on his own time, the easy check in and friendly convo with Nancy from the lobby..... Back to LA, great service, nice gym,excellent breakfast and also great 24 hour room service(thanks Julio!)... Loved there chilaquiles! There guacamole and chips at the ceviche bar was so yummy!!.. Pools and beaches were top notch and everyone was always so helpful... I only wish I can come back in July but can't since that time I'm bringing my kids so til next year my dear friends.. I really appreciate how the staff goes out of there way to accommodate the guest... This is by far the best all inclusive I have ever been to and plan on returning next year for sure!
Came to relieve some stress and thats exactly what Live Aqua provided... THANK YOU LIVE AQUA!!!! esperamos a regresar el proximo ano mis amigos.. Saludos desde Chicago!

PS: Arreglen el Wifi por favor!

Room Tip: Ocean view is good enough if you don't want to waste more $$...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank edubz1982
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us. I have already passed my congratulations to Walter, Abimael, Wilfredo and Gerardo for the exceptional service provided to you.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
prior lake
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Th experience at Aqua Live excelled all of the other five places we have stayed in Mexico. I challenge you to find a more friendly and accomodating staff. The rooms are spotless and the service won't be dissapointing, no matter what you ask for, even if it is a little out of the ordinary. We asked for a special surf and turf dinner from their buffet for dinner one night and our waiter Roman arrange a beautiful four course dinner. He was attentive to every detail. Even having our preferred drinks immediately served when we sat down. I was impressed. This organization really demonstrates that they want you to have a great, relaxing vacation and will demonstrate their willingness to this goal.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views and no comprkises on cleanliness and service. Corner suites, albiet a li...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeff r
iowa
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This resort was our 14th all-inclusive. The previous 13 have all been mid-tier resorts that we have been happy with. We were looking forward to staying at the "#2" cancun all-inclusive.

The smell is amazing upon entering the resort. Quite possibly the best experience of the trip were the scents throughout the resort.

Check-in was sketchey at best. The front desk tried to downgrade our rooms. Had we not been paying attention they would have gotten away with it. We traveled with another couple that they tried to do the same thing to. Very disappointing and was the only down point of the trip. DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT.

The rooms are amazing. The food is amazing. The grounds are amazing. A magnificient place to visit if you are looking for a relaxing trip without young adults and a huge party scene. Very mature. Very Happy

If you were to take away the check-in fiasco it would have been perfect. I will not downgrade the service based on this, as much as I would like.

4 Thank IowaKennyg
Allow me to express my gratitude for your valuable review about our hotel. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

It would be a great honor to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The staff is unbelievable friendly and accommodating. The food is amazingly good, breakfast , tacos by the pool. You name it.
LOVE THIS HOTEL!!
Can't wait to go back in May to that infinite pool!
Location, can't be better If you like to shop across the street is the La Isla shopping center.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank NormaPTorres
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Live Aqua the week of February 25, 2013. We chose Live Aqua based off on the price and rating. Needless to say, we were very please with our choice!

Arrival: We were immediately greeted upon our arrival to the resort. Our bags were taken and we were shown to the check-in area. We wanted to splurge a bit so we ended up upgrading to the Fuego suite. Another good decision. I would pat myself on the back if it wasn't still burnt. The lady that helped us with check in was very pleasant and knowledgable about the rooms and resort. She was a great help when deciding which suite to choose. We were also given a bit of a discounted rate because the room wasn't quite ready yet. The check-in was also accompanied by a very tasty glass of tea. I hate tea generally, but this stuff was very palete pleasing. Once our check in was complete we were handed off to Yesenia. She was very helpful! She gave us a map complete with tour listings and the resort layout. For those of you who have read several reviews, the time share pitch is a reality. I felt that Yesenia did a good job of relaying the benefits of going to the time share pitch, but we were not interested. We actually said okay then opted out the next day. Sorry! If you are interested in the benefits that come along with giving up 90 minutes of your time, then it is probably worth sitting through.

Room: Once our room was ready, we were shown up by Tarek. Upon arriving at the room, Tarek gave us a breif tour. This was a nice touch. The Fuego suite was very nice. It is essentially the square footage of two normal rooms. It comes complete with a king size bed (very comfortable), jacuzzi tub, two standard decks, a terrace, living room, very nice bathroom with oversized shower, two closets, dining table, etc. This suite also came with a pool or beach cabana for each day of our stay. The cabanas are very relaxing!

We did have a couple of issues, but both were address and fixed immediately. One day the water wouldn't work, but was fixed within an hour. They offered up one of the spa showers until the room was fixed. Also, the safe in our room wouldn't open after putting our belongings inside (promise it wasn't user error). This issue was fixed within minutes. Overall, I'm very happy that we decided to upgrade.

Spa: Showered there once, not a spa person! Looked very nice though and I'm actually glad our water went our breifly because the spa showers are pretty neat!

Food: Overall, the food was good. We didn't get a chance to dine at hidden garden or the steak and lobster restaurant. Azur was probably our favorite. We enjoyed the open air atmosphere. The highlight in my opinion was the fish tacos. They were excellent!

We also dined at MB one night. I had very high expectations for this restaurant, but for me and my wife, it fell short. By no means was the food bad, I was just expecting more. The habanero soup in bread bowl was very good, but my short rib entree left a little to be desired. I've read negative reviews about the portion size, but seriously, you can order ten entrees if you please. I found the portion sizes to be perfect.

We ate the most at Siete. We had breakfast there several time. It is a buffet style restaurant. You can also order off of the menu for dinner. There are several American and International choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Siete. The maranited beef was awesome!

We also had lunch a couple of times in our cabana. A very nice option if you do not want to leave the pool or beach.

The room service was also excellent. The menu had a nice variety of foods to choose from and the service was very timely. If you enjoy desserts, I strongly recommend el pastel de tres leches!

There is also a sushi bar that I took advantage of several nights. There are several different rolls to select from and they are all made to order. I even woke up with wasabi on my forehead one morning. I enjoy a drink or two!

Drinks: Free & Tasty!!! Plenty of good choices. Try the Mango Tango and Miami Vice.

Pool/Beach Area: The pool area was very nice. I believe there was a total of seven pools, plus a hot tub. The pools were all different tempuratures as well, which we found to be very nice. The chair grabbers were out in full effect. There were always several empty chairs that were reserved with towels. Sometimes the people would never actually show back up to actually utilize the chairs. Just another reason to upgrade to the suite and take full advantage of your cabana! The beach was beautiful. It was very clean and well groomed. There was always a life guard present during the day. The ocean was very nice. The gym was very nice, but my choice for exercise was treading the waves! The pool manager was also very accommodating. Overall, the pool and beach area exceeded my expectations.

Nightlife: Not much to do at night. You can go to the Egos bar, which is open until 1am. I found the music to be a little loud there. I'm more about less techno/disco music and more classic rock and sports highlights. My nights mostly consisted of grabbing a few beers from the mini bar in our room, throughing them in some ice, and going to check out the hot tub crowd. I definitely met some interesting people late night hot tubbing! You have to make your own night time fun.

Staff: The staff was absolutely amazing! Our first day at the cabana, we were offered a welcome drink within seconds from Julio. My wife is pregnant, so we informed him and he immediately retrieved a virgin welcome drink for her. If you decide to go to Live Aqua, make sure you find Julio! He is usually working on the beach. Other notable staff members who provided excellent service are German and David. I know I am forgetting several people who made the trip more enjoyable, and for that I am sorry because everyone was great. Overall, everyone was very friendly and accommodating. And once more, JULIO!!!

Check Out: The check out process was very painless. After check out, the doorman offered to take our bags and let us know when our transportation arrived. It was much nicer than standing by the door peering out. Excellent service from beginning to end!

I hope you have found this review to be helpful and informative. I apologize in advance for and spelling or grammatical errors. In my estimation, you cannot go wrong if you travel to Live Aqua. Adios!

15 Thank Michael C
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

A last minute, unplanned winter escape landed us at Live Aqua Cancun. As far as all-inclusives go (we've been to 9-10 in various locations in Mexico and Dominican Republic), it was above average with respect to cleanliness and food. The gym was excellent. However, the real highlight was the staff - friendly and happy to accommodate any request. A special shout out to Wilfredo at Azur Restaurant who welcomed us by name every time we arrived and made us feel special, and Andres who pampered us with attentive poolside service with a smile. These two warm and wonderful guys made our experience exceptional.

Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Happy_toes1
Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were there from Feb 22 -27. We went with another couple and it was the vacation we needed. We loved the spa feeling and the smell was awesome. The pools are great however the towel dance was a pain to deal with on vac. I wish they had a way of getting a set for the length of the stay. We loved the restaurants and the portion sizes were perfect. The staff could not do more for us and when we asked for something off the menu and or something we wanted they delivered. Tipping does make it easier and in some resorts they do not allow you to tip.
We did have some mechanical issues with our room and they did fix them.
We do wish they offered dancing at AKA bar as going out is a hassle.

We will be back next year with our BFF SS and JR.

Room Tip: Ocean front and the suites are nice but to sleep the rooms were fine
3 Thank coachira
We all at Live Aqua Cancun are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the food, drinks, and especially the service from all of our staff.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.