Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Beach Palace(Cancun)
9,868 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

You will not experience any better customer service anywhere in Mexico.

I had a reservation problem at the Royal in Playa del Carmen and they tried to price gouge me. (I was a returning customer too, but will never return again) I called Live Aqua where I was staying for the last 3 days of my trip and explained my predicament. Bernice at Live Aqua reservation was very smart and offered me almost the same price per night that I had booked months earlier. So instead of 3 nights I stayed 6. I’m glad I did too.

The rooms are average for a resort hotel, but I was not in Cancun to sit in my room. You cannot beat the ocean view from your room and you can hear the ocean if you leave your sliding glass door open at night.

On 2 nights we had to wait on dinning. They could use another restaurant to ease the rush, however the food was good and you can get it anywhere in the hotel. A majority of the wait staff was excellent and there was no problem getting service at the pool. As in many hotels, rude guests get up early and save pool chairs at 7am and return hours later. I do wish they would clear the lounges that have towels only. I did have problems with the Wifi and other guests did too. The infinity pool is amazing and because they do not have a high rise next to them, you get more direct sun when the other resorts are blocked by the high rise next to them

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The customer service is just superb. I look forward to returning.
Kudos to Carlos, Oscar (the MB manager), and Eliud Santibanez.

5  Thank bk1bk2
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our dilemna was that we stayed 4 nights at Secrets The Vine prior to checking in at Aqua for 10 nights. 4 at Aqua first then 10 at Secrets would have been the better plan. We have stayed at Le Blanc, The Royal Cancun, The Royal Playa, Secrets Maroma, Gran Melia (now Paradisus Cancun) and Riu Palace Las Americas (when it was new). I always appreciate reviews from those who can compare to other high end resorts. Secrets The Vine is chic, classy & modern with incredible attention to detail with just the right blend of day & evening activity & entertainment. Aqua was built in 2000, remodeled in 2007 and getting tired and in need of new furnishings & mattresses. As another reviewer had stated, it's a joke that Travel & Leisure Magazine rated Aqua as the #1 resort in Mexico for 2011.

The Good;
- Servers, staff & most bartenders were excellent
- The lush courtyard greenery was beautiful
- spectacular pools
- Siete buffet for breakfast was good
- Outdoor dining area ambiance at MB was nice (although we had to move to a different table since people next to us were allowed to smoke)
- pools were heated at varying temperatures (swim up pool ranged from 95 to 105 F.)
- Sea corner for lunch (good tacos)
- Excellent Paella prepared poolside at 1 PM every other day
- Super clean public restroom areas

The Not So Good
- Our greeting was terrible. Our bags were taken & we were pointed in the direction of the lobby. No cool towel, no welcome drink, no offer of a hand massage. We had to ask where the check in desk was. This part was OK with us since the hand massage is a ploy to work you over to attend a time share presentation.
- We were not looking for any freebies, but made it clear to two different front desk people that we were celebrating a special occasion - No acknowledgement
- WiFi was slow & trying to SKYPE was frustrating
- Medicinal smelling toiletries
- Wed & Fri MB is closed - Wed is a circus show in the convention center with an expansive but tasteless buffet - Fri night is a limited and again tasteless buffet on the beach with a good fire show.
- terrible "blackened fillet" at MB restaurant, good swordfish, good habanero cream soup - eating here twice in 10 days was enough
- terrible beef tenderloin at AZUR restaurant, other soups & entrees mediocre - 2 dinners here in 10 days was also enough
- wanted a good beef tenderloin - paid $120 to eat at their specialty steak & lobster restaurant which advertises "fine cuts of beef.". Server announced that no beef tenderloin is available. Tried a New York strip - couldn't chew it, hard to saw through. The lobster tails were good and the ambiance was nice but a huge disappointment for $120.
- if you like to go to ala carte dining with a baseball hat, flip flops & shorts - this is the resort for you - Unlike all the resorts mentioned previously, this place has NO dress code. About 30% of the woman would dress nicely, but lining up for "fine dining" at times felt like waiting for a table at Dennies.
- Outside of the Wed circus show & Fri fire show - there is ZERO entertainment. Their higher end bar off the lobby (EGOS) opened at 7:30 PM & was always totally dead. Only 2 people work 'entertainment' - a guy who drums up beach volleyball twice a day and a girl from Toronto who solicits guests during the day to go to a club in the entertainment district at 10:30.
- The pool bar near Azur restaurant played weird music - a lot of French & East Indian - we could not understand this
- Sanitation may be an issue with washing of drink glasses. Sitting at the end of the Swing bar, you can witness that the plastic drink glasses are quickly rinsed, then thrown into a large sink full of brown water, then re-used
- For those who didn't pay the big bucks for a suite that included a reserved cabana - shade around the pools & at the beach was at a premium & all reserved by 7:30 AM. - There were only 16 umbrellas & 6 palapas available at the beach.
- Aqua eliminated free calls to USA & Canada this past summer - Le Blanc & Secrets The Vine provide this.
- Over a 10 day stay - no management ever asked us about our level of satisfaction. Most good resorts have a reception with management - this manager was invisible

In conclusion, it may seem that we did not enjoy our stay. On the contrary, my spouse & I always have fun when we vacation & we constantly rationalized that Aqua was a nice place, enjoyed the pools, beach & staff, downplayed the negatives and ate outside the hotel a few times to fill in the culinary blanks, but after having been home for a few weeks with the chance to reflect & compare resorts, it is our opinion that Aqua does not deserve a #3 rating on Trip Advisor. The management may be resting on their Travel & Leisure Magazine rating laurels and contrary to most other good resorts, they choose not to respond to the Trip Advisor reviews.

All the higher end Cancun resorts are super clean, have great service, great friendly staff and share magnificent turquoise water, but this place comparatively lacks the choices in dining & entertainment and various fine tuning that would make a stay of more than 4 nights desirable.

13  Thank holababa
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and especially your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It was very concerning to learn that we failed to meet your expectations during the time you spent at Live Aqua Cancun. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Alfredo Santamaría

Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we landed until our final day of departure, we wanted for nothing.

This all-inclusive package was a belated honeymoon come true. My husband and I were warned off by many friends and relatives regarding anything "all-inclusive". So needless to say, we went in with a skeptics attitude. The resort had a Spa, restaurants of many different ethnic foods, many pools and Jacuzzi's, many bars with different atmosphere's, shops, and the Gulf of Mexico just a few feet away. Staff in ALL areas was more than accommodating and so FRIENDLY. My personal favorite staff member was Jesus, our waiter every night at one of the resorts restaurants (I forgot the name of it). Happy New Year Jesus!

In addition to booking the trip, we pre-booked a professional guided tour to the Mayan Ruins since it was at the time of the Mayan calendar end. We mentioned our tour to the Hotel staff and they arranged transportation for us to get where we needed to go to meet our tour bus.

I could go into WAY more detail about how wonderful this place was but I know that people get bored with reading super long reviews. So, I'll just say...if you book this trip, you will NOT regret it. And my husband and I will 100%, no hesitation, be a returning customer of LIVE AQUA RESORT. I will attach a few pics for viewing.

1  Thank Shonda R
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at Live Aqua for 9 days during Christmas and New Years. We found the experience purely excellent and enjoyable, and would definitely recommend it to friends. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the staff is extremely helpful and sweet, the beach is gorgeous and well laid-out, and the food was good - especially the breakfasts, which offered every possible option one could want. I definitely missed it this morning when I was eating my standard breakfast! We all got massages and thought that Sonia and Oyuki both stood out as really wonderful massage therapists who provided a great experience beginning to end. Manuel, the general manager, was amazing, so helpful and attentive to all of our needs throughout the trip. They even provided us with boxed lunches for our trip home, which was a really nice little extra. If you want the experience of Cancun, but from the comfort of an extremely relaxing, luxurious hotel where all your needs are met, definitely come to Live Aqua - the best all-inclusive resort that I have experienced.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth getting an ocean front room...the view is amazing and it's so nice to be right in front of the beach. However, if you can get a suite, they are absolutely stunning!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very happy to have spent my last vacations in this awesome place. Excellent quality overall. All prior reviews summarize very well the many reasons this is an excellent place. Avoid Time share people, gladly say no, and keep walking. Enjoy your stay in this perfect property... Looking forward on returning.

Room Tip: Very impressed with my garden view room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple