“Worry-Free Relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Irvine, California, United States
“Worry-Free Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we landed until our final day of departure, we wanted for nothing.

This all-inclusive package was a belated honeymoon come true. My husband and I were warned off by many friends and relatives regarding anything "all-inclusive". So needless to say, we went in with a skeptics attitude. The resort had a Spa, restaurants of many different ethnic foods, many pools and Jacuzzi's, many bars with different atmosphere's, shops, and the Gulf of Mexico just a few feet away. Staff in ALL areas was more than accommodating and so FRIENDLY. My personal favorite staff member was Jesus, our waiter every night at one of the resorts restaurants (I forgot the name of it). Happy New Year Jesus!

In addition to booking the trip, we pre-booked a professional guided tour to the Mayan Ruins since it was at the time of the Mayan calendar end. We mentioned our tour to the Hotel staff and they arranged transportation for us to get where we needed to go to meet our tour bus.

I could go into WAY more detail about how wonderful this place was but I know that people get bored with reading super long reviews. So, I'll just say...if you book this trip, you will NOT regret it. And my husband and I will 100%, no hesitation, be a returning customer of LIVE AQUA RESORT. I will attach a few pics for viewing.

1 Thank Shonda R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at Live Aqua for 9 days during Christmas and New Years. We found the experience purely excellent and enjoyable, and would definitely recommend it to friends. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the staff is extremely helpful and sweet, the beach is gorgeous and well laid-out, and the food was good - especially the breakfasts, which offered every possible option one could want. I definitely missed it this morning when I was eating my standard breakfast! We all got massages and thought that Sonia and Oyuki both stood out as really wonderful massage therapists who provided a great experience beginning to end. Manuel, the general manager, was amazing, so helpful and attentive to all of our needs throughout the trip. They even provided us with boxed lunches for our trip home, which was a really nice little extra. If you want the experience of Cancun, but from the comfort of an extremely relaxing, luxurious hotel where all your needs are met, definitely come to Live Aqua - the best all-inclusive resort that I have experienced.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth getting an ocean front room...the view is amazing and it's so nice to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very happy to have spent my last vacations in this awesome place. Excellent quality overall. All prior reviews summarize very well the many reasons this is an excellent place. Avoid Time share people, gladly say no, and keep walking. Enjoy your stay in this perfect property... Looking forward on returning.

Room Tip: Very impressed with my garden view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

my one complaint was that they couldn't catheterize you on your beach chair so you never had to get up :)

really though,

there were more eating areas that weren't mentioned in all the stats of the resort f e:
the sea corner which had amazing tacos (lunch)
the hot dog cart man every afternoon poolside
the taco booth pool side everyday also
sushi bar from 5 pm to midnight every day (limited menu)
cafe has coffee desserts and sandwiches also
plus the 3 anchor restaurants
lastly 24/7 room service all included to your room from everything to cheeseburgers and onion rings to nachos
if there isn't something there to eat for you, your insane

the view from our room was amazing
the beach was pristine
the aromatherapy was awesome (and thats not my thing usually)
service was excellent and always with a smile hand massage at check in, drinks delivered to our room (2 max)
all the bartenders knew every drink requested and were happy to get you anything you wanted.
they restocked the mini fridge daily also with soda and beer
housekeeping was always on top of our room with morning service then nightly turn down service as well.

literally the only thing that wasn't absolutely perfect didn't have anything to do with the resort directly. we booked a day trip and were very unhappy with the result. the agent who booked us lied and told us the drive would be only 1.5 hours each way (all the car time we wanted to spend) and it ended up being 2.5 hours each way wasting time away precious time at the resort. also the van that took us there was an utter jalopy check engine light on for 2.5 hours ac failed after 1 hour into the trip no lights inside when you opened the door to collect your belongings at night. our driver was awful as well, i could go on and on but thankfully we survived!

i would highly recommend this resort to anyone and i especially would listen to other peoples tips, it certainly smoothed our trip as well.

brought 1$ bills for tipping,
stayed away from elevator (noisy)
were on 3rd floor (good view)
stayed away from the time share sales

Room Tip: high up is better, stay away from elevator if possible
4 Thank wyshie
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The number goal for our trip was R&R. Live Aqua, and it's staff did everything to ensure that our stay was unforgettable. After doing our research, and reading numerous reviews, we decided Live Aqua was the place for us. If you desire a laid back atmosphere with no kiddos, this is the place for you as well. I have stayed at other all inclusive resorts throughout Mexico, and Live Aqua is by far the best. First, let me state that our over stay was from Dec 14th-20th. it's an amazing time of year to go, because the weather is fantastic. Still very warm, but not oppressively hot. The humidity is also much lower this time of year. During our 6 day stay the only rain we encountered was a brief 20 minute shower (we remained poolside under our Cabana for it). Secondly, the food was the best I've ever had at an all inclusive. From the poolside/beach service, to the many restaurants throughout the resort, I found the dining experience well above par. Kudos to the staff as well, they made our overall stay well worth the money. Each of them ALWAYS remembered our names (loved that). Special thanks to Nancy Pierce the concierge, Gerardo, Monica and Walter poolside, Alberto in the lounge, Luis our waiter several nights at Azur, and Nancy for my first hand massage in the lounge. You guys are very special to us and remain in our thoughts daily. Anxiously awaiting our next trip so we can see you guys again and be pampered. Thanks guys! I would definitely stay here again.

Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let me start out by saying, I read many of the reviews here. My thoughts were "wow, 950 reviews and almost a perfect score, it must be great" what a mistake I made.

Starting off, I booked a king suite with ocean view on the 5th floor. Upon arrival they told me they were overbooked but they got me a room on the Mezzanine Level. While it took 3 of them to try and figure this out, the concierge came over and offered me a hand massage while I waited. I thought this was neat, unfortunately no, it was to keep me seated while they spammed me on these silly timeshare deals. Basically they showed me a menu on overpriced services they offered and then told me they would cut them down by 75% if I would go to another hotel and sit through a time share presentation. They are extremely extremely pushy on this. They basically made me feel bad for telling them multiple times I was not interested.

I travel a lot and book most of my rooms through expedia. The hotel told me that since I am an expedia VIP, I get a bottle of champagne sent to my room.

Finally we are on our way to our room. We get to our room to see two double beds instead of a king. To make matters worse, our room is right beside the worlds loudest ice machine that is frequently used. The doors in these rooms are paper thin. You hear everyone walking in the hall. Since this hotel was full of 'adults looking to blow off a little steam' we were awoken multiple times by drunkards crashing through the hall yelling. I would have had no problem with that, had the doors actually not been paper thin.

Anytime we had to go to the concierge for any type of questions, they would immediately ask if you are over the age of 30 and living together with your significant other. If you answer yes, be prepared to get the hard sell on this stupid time share presentation. I got this about 8 times during my 3 night stay.

Be prepared to book any restaurants you want to eat at in the hotel upon checkin or else I guarantee you will get the "sorry, everything is full, btw are you 30 and living with your significant other"

Another thing I saw that was silly, they have about 200 chairs and cabanas, we went out at 9am when it was cloudy and could not find a single available chair. What people do here is go out at 6am and put a book or a water bottle on the chair they want and consider it "occupied" They dont even show up to their chair until hours later. Out of the 200 chairs, I saw about 15 people actually in their chair and 185 chairs "full" with water bottles, towels, books etc. Its insane.

Other than that, the service at the pool is pretty decent considering you can even get a chair.

Oh and also, my champage never arrived.

I definitely will not return here and If for some reason you don't believe what I said, I hope you go to the hotel and within the first 30 seconds when they try to upsell you on this timeshare crap, you will remember everything I wrote.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
52 Thank Chris H
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I appreciate your valuable review of your experience at our resort. I would like to start by offering an apology for not meeting you in person while you were here and addressing personally the inconvenience caused by our Vacation Club agents.

Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing after a long and tiresome journey. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Should you consider Live Aqua Cancun for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of the best resorts I have ever stayed at. The food really was some of the best I've had for an all inclusive. Though we did not eat at MB and only ate at Siete for breakfast twice. Sea Corner was a refreshing change and the poolside menu was pretty good also. We ate at Hidden Garden the night it opened. (A Tapas restaurant) I understand we were invited to sample the dishes and give feedback and though they had some good food, it was not my favorite.

The service that was given by Gerardo “the towel boy" was amazing... He went out of his way each and every time he saw us to make sure we had everything we needed. He even set up a cabana on the beach with mimosas, bottled water, extra towels and a piece of cake when he found out we were celebrating a birthday. Monica was very attentive as well. Luis at Azur made sure our dining experience was the very best. Nancy Pierce the Concierge was always very friendly and went out of her way to help... From making my appointment and taking me to get my hair braided to making my spa appointment and reminding me the day of. Last but certainly not last, Alberto in the lounge was awesome. He remembered me by name and every time we went in, he would greet us and promptly brought us our favorite drinks without having to order. From our morning mimosa to our favorite night cap. We were highly impressed. It was very apparent that the staff at Live Aqua go out of their way to please. Please, please tip them!!

The suite had great views and the perks... The stocked mini bar , the cabana, daily massage and lounge access were VERY nice.

Very nice pools, good genre of music playing poolside, the grounds were kept immaculate, fire show and dinner on the beach was entertaining.
As for the spa, not the best massage I have ever had, but by far the best spa experience ever!!
Did have a small issue with the tub , however, they sent someone up to look at it right away.

All in all, I believe your vacation is what you make of it. 1 week without working, cleaning and cooking plus being waited on hand and foot.. I cant see how anyone would complain.
Truly one amazing and relaxing experience, I will definitely be returning to Live Aqua

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends