New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
“PARADISE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned from this little slice of paradise yesterday. I've been to several all inclusives in the Caribbean and the service here was out of this world. We literally couldn't go five minutes without an employee asking us if we needed something to eat/drink etc. The staff are extremely attentive and helpful and appear genuinely happy to be there serving you. The sushi bar was amazing and we really enjoyed the coffee bar for our daily caffeine fix. The pool goes on forever and there are tons of chairs/gazebo-type lounging huts/shaded areas available - put your towels out EARLY to reserve the best seats by the pool. The swim-up bar is not attached to the main pool, but more off to one side in another smaller pool. DON'T WORRY - the service staff will practically swim your drink to you in the main pool area. The resort is very spa-like in appearance and the atmosphere. However, In the evening there are organized trips to the club district where you can go to experience the Cancun party nightlife. We loved that we Which brings me to my room service review - even when ordered between 3-6am post-nightclub, the food was HOT, fast and tasty. If I had to say 1 negative thing about this resort - and this is me grasping at straws here - it would be that I was never able to find any bacon at the breakfast buffet. Not too shabby for an entire week spent at Live Aqua that my only complaint should be about a lack of bacon. My parents are very picky about where they stay down South and I would whole-heartedly recommend this resort to them, and anyone else who asked. If you're waffling between Live Aqua and somewhere else, choose Live Aqua. I am already looking forward to my return trip in 2013.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. I am very glad to know that we have impressed you with our service, restaurants and selection of food. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back next year, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had a wonderful trip. Room, pools, beach and food were all excellent. Servers were all very helpful and would do their best to honor any request. I highly recommend the coffee bar, excellent coffees along with great snacks.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

First time staying at Live Aqua and it was GORGEOUS. Incredible location right off the beach. The staff was extremely courteous. I love the way that they are genuinely happy to help. There are no "lingering" staff waiting on a tip every time. We were lucky enough to enjoy the afternoon pool side "meal of the day". We enjoyed great asada and whole fish. All the restaurants have such a variety of food, you will NOT go hungry. The only minor issue i would say is that if you are on lower floors, the music can be heard. But luckily the lounge is only open til 1am. I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher Floors are quieter. All rooms have nice views.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your review, every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. It’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, facilities and food. There is always a room for improvement and your comments are very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just spent four days at this resort. The rooms were first class, the service and the staff beyond amazing, the drinks top shelf and the food above average. The pools, cabanas and beach presence were also great. The only thing I did not like were the sheets and the towels were not as while and new as I like it. They were clean though. I plan to go back soon.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to Club Aqua level.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I just got back two days ago from a five night at the Live Aqua. This was our first All Inclusive experience and we were glad to do so --- worth every penny. We got such a good time there. The resort is clean, nice, and has a breathtaking view of the beach. The food is delicious and good quality. Pools are so amazing. Nice gym with yoga class every day. The spa is pretty decent with saunas, steam room, jacuzzi, and relaxing lounge. Location is one of the best since it is across from the mall. But the most wonderful thing is the service from the staff. They had gone the extra mile to make our stays so relaxing and our 30th anniversary so memorable. They did a great surprised set up for all of our rooms to help celebrating our anniversaries (4 in total): rose pedals on our beds and in the bathtubs, bottle of champagne, balloons, candles, and chocolate covered strawberries.

David is the best staff in providing great services and accommodating our needs. Thanks David for all your help.

One little hiccup was the service in the MB restaurant. It was too slow and it took us almost three hours to finish our dinner. Hopefully the service will be improved for the future guests.

Overall we got such a great experience and definitely recommend the Live Aqua.

Room Tip: Choose room on or above 5th floor to get a better view of the beach... the higher the better. Full...
1 Thank Baylane61
Thank you for giving Live Aqua Cancun the opportunity to make your first All Inclusive experience a successful one. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my husband and I's 2nd visit to Live Aqua. We went the first time in 2010 on the recommendation of my best friend and her boyfriend. They were booking and wanted us to go with them. We booked 8 days, 7 nights last time and 6 days, 5 nights this time from December 4-9. Either way, it's never long enough and I always want to move in! You also will not find a better VALUE elsewhere for what you get!

CHECK IN:
We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon with another couple of friends we got to come with us, no lines, we were greeted with Sweet Tea and hand massages. After the hand massages, they talked to us about attending a presentation of their Membership Club in exchange for resort credits, but we politely declined. Our Aqua King Suite was not ready the first day because the A/C was being fixed, but we accepted the room downgrade for one night in exchange for the resort credits to the lobster restaurant ($60 pp).

The men went and changed and went straight to the swing bar (beach bar with swings, not to be confused with "swingers"). The infinity pools, beach, and ocean are incredible. The resort wasn't at full capacity so there was no trouble at all getting a Cabana (comes with your reservation if you book a suite and 20min foot massage per day) or lounge chair. Clean towels were always available. The Swim Up bar will not leave you wanting and you will make a lot of new friends there if you stay there all day. Can anyone say tequila? The only thing is there is nothing top shelf since 2010 (or wines by the bottle unless you pay). Maybe if you buy it? But I never saw it, unless tequila, of course. Mid-shelf liquor must be requested if you want it in your drinks, which I did. The Pool concierge will make sure everything is perfect.

FOOD:
Breakfast at Siete is an awesome all you can want buffet of everything you can imagine, including a fresh smoothie/shake bar. They had smoked salmon 2 of the days at breakfast and that is nearly all I ate. Amazing! Room Service breakfast is also awesome eating on your veranda, but my hubby wanted more food so we frequented Siete. Siete doesn't open till 1pm for lunch and we are usually hungry before then so Azure (outdoor restaurant) is awesome for Ahi Tua , burgers, salads, a good variety. The pool food was just okay. They do have a fish taco bar too and a sushi bar open for dinner. (Can you tell I like seafood?) If you don't like seafood, there is still a lot of other options as my husband will not touch anything that lived in water. MB was probably my favorite for dinner. (You do not have to make reservations any more like you did in 2010, but you should go EARLY or you'll have to wait.) I ordered a lot of Ahi Tuna there and I wanted 3 of every course, it was THAT good. The service was IMPECCABLE every where that we went--restaurants, pool, concierge, room service, except for The Inlaa'kech Lobster & Grill. It is $60pp unless you have credits. It just seemed incredibly understaffed and we had to get up and ask for refills and the whole experience and courses took a great while after the salads. Also, it is an outdoor grill so there is smoke wafting to the tables a lot, but I can't complain too much since it's all you can eat lobster and steak and once you got the food it was delicious! (You must think I'm 500 lbs, but I just love food. I'm a small woman!) Our friends were credited one of their meals for the wait.

ROOM:
Our Aqua King Suite was ready next day as promised but we are not high maintenance so we moseyed over there by late afternoon. It was RIDICULOUS. AMAZING ROOM. Bigger than my first apartment after marriage, for sure. Flat Screens, Huge Round Jacuzzi Tub, Huge balcony with tables and lounge chairs, the weather is also perfect this time of year, NOT HUMID, can sleep every night with all doors open and real sound of the ocean. Pure paradise, every day you wake up and wonder if you're dreaming it is that amazing. Love the aromatherapy, turn down service, and clean rooms after you've been out all day.

FUN:
As you will read in other reviews, the resort is not one for active nightlife. There is one bar/lounge or you can get to the nightclub strip pretty easily in 10 min. We elected not to leave the resort much this time, except for the mall you can walk to across the street. But being a party resort isn't really the core competency of this place, thank God. They do have daytime activities--morning yoga, volleyball (which the boys played twice/day), and salsa lessons (which we didn't make because we were having too much fun drinking, reading, meeting people, and doing nothing). They had a beach grill out party and fire show one night but we got there late and the food was almost gone and seats were out so we ate a little bit and left. After day drinking, we spent much time in the swim up bar pool at night (feels like a hot tub) or in the actual hot tub recovering from the day and heavy meals.

SPA:
Amazing. Got the 90 minute massage and my friend got the 55 minute Polynesian I had in 2010. Amazing ambiance and service. I had a spa credit from Travelocity so I didn't have to pay much. Wish I got facial or body wrap, but if you look at the spa menu you will want everything!

Shout out to Cesar(s) (there are a few)! Daniel at the swing bar, Orlando (Roger) at the swim up bar, and so many others! You just can't get this service in the states. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get an Aqua Suite!!!! No regrets!
1 Thank JoeyM122
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is an excellent resort. We felt like we were well cared for at every turn. Excellent food
overall, excellent service, great staff, nice room with amazing view of the beach.
Our only suggestion is to get better coffee! Such a world class resort should have the best
coffee. We booked a king bed room and when we arrived they tried to give us a room with two double beds. We refused and had to wait two hours for them to clean a room. We were not
happy about this. I don't understand why the room we reserved was not reserved.

Room Tip: choose ocean front room