My wife and I chose this hotel to spend our honeymoon...great choice! I'd like to write a detailed review so that you all can get the best out of your trip if you choose to stay here. So lets start with the room. We chose the ocean view terrace. We would recommend getting this room for our friends and family not only for the nice view and balcony but also because of the loud tile floors. If your room is located in a high traffic area you will definitely hear people walking by and they can also hear you. All of the terrace rooms are at the end of the hallway and away from the noise. I woul also recommend choosing a room in the left side of the hotel because this is where most of the restaurants and bars are located.
Food- The food can be hit and miss, but mostly very good. This is what we expected though in an all inclusive resort. MB is there most elegant restaurant but the menu never changes. Food was amazing but portions can be small so order more than you think you will eat. My wife and I only ate there two nights due to the limited menu. But all n all very nice. Azur is a restaurant down by the beach. The lunch buffet wasn't too great but the sit down lunch and dinner prooved to be very good besides one night when the meat was very tough and nothing on the menu was very appealing. With that said, Azur's menu changes all the time so our experience changed daily. You absolutely must pay a little extra for there brandy strawberry desert. I apologize, I don't remember the name of it but it's quite a show when they prepare it in front of you with fire. Siete- We only ate here for the breakfast buffet and it is amazing. They have everything you can ever want including the an omelet bar, fresh taco bar where everything is prepared in front of you, smoothie bar etc. When facing the ocean there is a hidden restaurant all the way to the left. They really don't serve anything more than finger foods, but its nice for a snack.
Pools-The pools are very nice and all seem to be infinity like. They do have one pool with a swim up bar with bar stools in the water. We unfortuately discovered this pool on our last night. This pool was actually warmer than there jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was quite cold actually. There are no temp controls management says they are not allowed to make it hotter. So...just go to the pool with the swim up bar cause it is very very warm.
Coffe Shop - Wonderful, went here every day. They can pretty much make anything unless youre looking for one of those double vente sugar free carmel soy latte's. lol. If you're one of those people then just go to the starbucks located in the mall directly across the street.
Gym-Im a pretty big fitness freak so i'm always looking for more but I was able to manage. Dumbbells go up to fiftys, they do have a smith press, and also a fee pieces fro mthe technogym which I found to be worthless. But again Im sure most people can find some use for them. All and all I'd say it was OK.
Staff- Amazing! That's all I have to say. They will bend over backwards for you. The only staff member that didn't smile and acted real tough was the personal trainer in the gym. I think they need to work on him being slightly more polite. He doesn't say high and simply paces around the gym doing useless things hoping that people will look at him. At least that's the vibe i got.
Spa- Rated one of the best in the world so I don't think i have to say more about that. We went the last day of our trip and wish we could have done it every day. They have so much to offer I'm sure you will have no problem finding soemthing that fits you.
We will be returning to this hotel next year!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsClick, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua