“Relax...Relax...Relax”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fresno, California
“Relax...Relax...Relax”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel to spend our honeymoon...great choice! I'd like to write a detailed review so that you all can get the best out of your trip if you choose to stay here. So lets start with the room. We chose the ocean view terrace. We would recommend getting this room for our friends and family not only for the nice view and balcony but also because of the loud tile floors. If your room is located in a high traffic area you will definitely hear people walking by and they can also hear you. All of the terrace rooms are at the end of the hallway and away from the noise. I woul also recommend choosing a room in the left side of the hotel because this is where most of the restaurants and bars are located.
Food- The food can be hit and miss, but mostly very good. This is what we expected though in an all inclusive resort. MB is there most elegant restaurant but the menu never changes. Food was amazing but portions can be small so order more than you think you will eat. My wife and I only ate there two nights due to the limited menu. But all n all very nice. Azur is a restaurant down by the beach. The lunch buffet wasn't too great but the sit down lunch and dinner prooved to be very good besides one night when the meat was very tough and nothing on the menu was very appealing. With that said, Azur's menu changes all the time so our experience changed daily. You absolutely must pay a little extra for there brandy strawberry desert. I apologize, I don't remember the name of it but it's quite a show when they prepare it in front of you with fire. Siete- We only ate here for the breakfast buffet and it is amazing. They have everything you can ever want including the an omelet bar, fresh taco bar where everything is prepared in front of you, smoothie bar etc. When facing the ocean there is a hidden restaurant all the way to the left. They really don't serve anything more than finger foods, but its nice for a snack.
Pools-The pools are very nice and all seem to be infinity like. They do have one pool with a swim up bar with bar stools in the water. We unfortuately discovered this pool on our last night. This pool was actually warmer than there jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was quite cold actually. There are no temp controls management says they are not allowed to make it hotter. So...just go to the pool with the swim up bar cause it is very very warm.
Coffe Shop - Wonderful, went here every day. They can pretty much make anything unless youre looking for one of those double vente sugar free carmel soy latte's. lol. If you're one of those people then just go to the starbucks located in the mall directly across the street.
Gym-Im a pretty big fitness freak so i'm always looking for more but I was able to manage. Dumbbells go up to fiftys, they do have a smith press, and also a fee pieces fro mthe technogym which I found to be worthless. But again Im sure most people can find some use for them. All and all I'd say it was OK.
Staff- Amazing! That's all I have to say. They will bend over backwards for you. The only staff member that didn't smile and acted real tough was the personal trainer in the gym. I think they need to work on him being slightly more polite. He doesn't say high and simply paces around the gym doing useless things hoping that people will look at him. At least that's the vibe i got.
Spa- Rated one of the best in the world so I don't think i have to say more about that. We went the last day of our trip and wish we could have done it every day. They have so much to offer I'm sure you will have no problem finding soemthing that fits you.

We will be returning to this hotel next year!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view terrace with balcony on the left side of the hotel. This is where all the resta...
9 Thank Ross A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,626)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Live Aqua from 11/12-11/17, 2012. I read months of reviews prior to going so I knew and hoped the reviews lived up to our expectations. Well they exceeded them. The grounds are beautiful, rooms super clean and well appointed and the finishing touch is the outstanding staff. They are truly happy to serve you. I ran across reviews that mentioned certain servers and I watched for those name tags, however I can tell you we didn't have a bad experience with anyone there. But the best part of all was that you could truly tell they enjoyed taking care of you with truly genuine smiles. Food was fantastic. I had sea bass 3 nights in a row because it's so rare that we go out for seafood back in St. Louis. Not to mention what that costs us when we do. Steak was good, pasta in Siete was good too. Fish tacos, just like everyone said were great too at the Sea Corner and the guacamole was the best there as well. Overall loved the atmosphere at Azure because it was right by the beach. I bragged on the first few nights because we also had a quiet hallway that you wouldn't hear partiers arriving in all through the night. Got a little of that on the last two nights though. More so I felt sorry the next morning when I saw that some of these revelers had left their arm bands in the floor when they got off the elevator. The staff works too hard to make them have to clean up extra messes so I felt bad about that. Overall it wasn't noisy though and the beds were the most comfortable I've slept in and we've got a very good one back home to gauge it against (Tempurpedic). If I had one suggestion for improvement it would be to benefit the staff there. The Fire Show on Friday night is good, but the staff spent all day working so hard in carrying so many chairs, tables, serving utensils, alcohol, ice, etc. down there and the show is maybe an hour and a half or so long, which to me doesn't justify their hard work in taking all that down there. The lighting is by large portable light poles they put up at the far end and so many people, which their backs to the lights didn't really have light on their plates. My suggestion would be just put some bar top tables down there for people to stand around with their drinks and a few seats if you wanted to sit maybe and avoid taking all that food and serving items to the beach. Not to mention the hours their staff spent cleaning it all back up. Let the people eat in your excellent restaurants and then wander down for the show afterwards. You definitely go the extra mile but we would have been just as pleased to eat another night in Azure and watch the show after that. We most assuredly will not stay at any other hotel in Cancun from here on out. We didn't partake of the spa services, although we were told by another couple they were excellent. We have office jobs back home and for us to spend time inside is not where we want to be. If I can see the pools or the beach I'm on cloud nine. Add in that top shelf alcohol and all the excellent food, fish, steak, tons of veggies and fruit and what more could you ask for. Just wish we could eat that healthy when we are at home. If I could ask for one small thing it would be for the exact recipt of the green juice they have at breakfast. Weird color but EXCELLENT taste.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Garden Room and loved it. We actually had a view of the ocean and the lagoon at the...
7 Thank DebsOpinion2012
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. I am very glad to know that we have impressed you with our service, restaurants and selection of food. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

california
Reviewed November 20, 2012

we stayed at live aqua from nov-9-18 and honesty did not want to come back home. as you arrive the atmosphere smells so clean and relaxing all you hear is water. they have different scents as you move from floor. they greet you with tea and a hand massage. The food was really good. my husband and i favorite spot was at azur especially the staff alfredo,wilfredo, and yadira they made sure our food was good. the swing bar of course who can forget our favorite roger,jose,william,manual and victor. the waiter at the pool walter and jesus exceptional. of course ego bar jonathan,gerardo, and isabella excellent. love that they would make us different shots and our glass were always full. Love all these staff! coming back in two years with more family. the spotlight of our trip was meeting the wonderful staff and how they would go out of their way to make your stay extra special. Cant wait 2014!

5 Thank leomara
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 10 night stay at Live Aqua and, I must say, we were blown away!! We stayed from 11/5 to 11/15.

It is Live Aqua's goal to be #1 on Tripadvisor and from our experience with their service, attentiveness, cleanliness, quality of food, quality of rooms, quality of pools and pool area.......the list goes on and on......they will, indeed, achieve their goal.

I could go on and on about our stay at Aqua but, if your here reading reviews, you've already read all that this resort has going for it.

I would like also, to personally Thank Mr. Alfredo Santamaria, the general manager of Live Aqua, for our experience. You run a world class operation and are in charge of a staff that is top notch. Thank You.

If you are considering Live Aqua for your next vacation, book it, you will not be disappointed, not in the least. If you are already booked here, rest assured, you have made a wise decision.

ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: We did upgrade to an Aqua suite and were so glad we did!!!
6 Thank amazin3265
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

As you mentioned, we are striving to be the #1 hotel in Cancun and comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We try to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

LoveTheBeach63
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveled from Nov 7-14, 2012. Loved the resort! Booked a garden view, had a partial ocean view with vacant lot next door. Arrived for our 30th Anniversary to rosebuds on bed with wine and chocolate strawberries in our room and two other times we were welcomed with a cake to help celebrate. Thank you! Loved the aromatherapy throughout the resort and relaxed atmosphere with no children! Bartenders were exceptional especially Roger at the swing bar! They prepared a special lunch just for our group of 14. It was the Chicken Mole at the Azur Restaurant. It was WONDERFUL!! Thank you!! The lobby bar was exceptional also, I think the bartenders name was Cesaer. He always remembered who we were and what we wanted! The swim up bar was our camp hangout and loved the mattresses to relax on and the heated pool. The service was spotty there sometimes waiting longer to be acknowledged. The food was exceptional to poor. Loved the room service and Sushi! The MB was fairly cold food, but good. The Azur was hit and miss. We waited 3 1/2 hours from arrival to leaving one night, but other nights was exceptional. Friends loved the spa and massage. We booked a private 14 person Catamaran trip with FunJet and enjoyed that even though the captain felt we didn't tip enough, The Coffee Shop was a nice touch to all inclusive! The heated swim up pool was sometimes TOO hot and other pools were freezing. Try to find a happy medium! The ocean was specular, clean with some days calm and other days rough surf. Enjoyed the turtle sanctuary and the experience of releasing the turtles at dusk! Maid service was exceptional with turn down service at night. We enjoyed that the resort wasn't full so we didn't have to fight for dinner tables or lounge chairs. Overall we would definitely return and enjoyed the week we spent with you for the money we spent!! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: Didn't book the upgrade but would consider it next time if the price was right!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank LoveTheBeach63
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at Live Aqua from Nov 10-14, and the 3rd time I've been in Cancun in the past 2 years. I LOVE the staying in the hotel zone, and was traveling with 2 other couples. I will try to point out the "highs and lows" from my point of view.

The moment we walked in, you get that strong minty smell...it's definiately strong but I loved it! It felt like I had just brushed my teeth. That aroma was all over the hotel. The lady at check in was to be desired however. She did not smile or try to make small talk..she was really dry. We were escorted to our room by Victor. He was very friendly and welcoming....

The Room: we stayed in the gardenview room which was on the ground level. I've stayed in an oceanfront room before in my previous stays in Cancun and if it's your first time, I'd say to upgrade. But the room was nice and basic. The pillows and sheets were very comfortable and it was cleaned 2 times a day! The bathroom was more than I expected...it had a soaking tub, huge vanity, and huge shower. I was very impressed. The fridge was stocked daily with soda, beer and snacks.

Food/drinks: The food is was better than expected. My favorite dishes was the grilled picana at MB, flank stank at Siete and chicken linguini at Azur for dinner. For lunch they had a "sea corner" that had seafood tacos, tostados, and ceviche. The cecviche was perfect with the shrimp tacos. The wine bar was serving watermelon mojitos and they were amazing...Not only was the food good the servers at the resturants/bars were also fabulous. Fernando at Azur was everyone favorite. Even when he wasn't waiting on us, he made sure to come over to say hello and made sure we were all taken care of! Also, Luis at MB was very attentive as well. The bartenders at Ego were impeccable! They made sure our glasses were never empty and made us shots to try.

Pool/Beach: the pool is amazing...I'm not much of pool person though. My only surprise was that there was only one small hot tub. After 3, it was always packed! However, while I'm in Cancun I'm there for the beach. Can't go wrong with the beach on the hotel zone! The water is that special kind of teal. I was in Hawaii in May, and let me tell you...the beach is AHHHMAAZZING in Cancun! Not to say the beaches in Hawaii weren't great...but I just love the white powder sand, the color of the Carribean, and the warm waters. My husband calls me a "beach snob"...but it is what it is! I never had a hard time finding a beach chair or beach chairs for the 6 of us together. The lifeguards Loenel and Sulma were great and friendly. Our favorite beach waitor was Andres who knew his drinks. We just told him to keep it coming and he did! He brought us different drinks to try and we'd tell him if we liked it or not, and if we did he'd bring it back. If you go, ask him for a SHOT in the Grass...my new favorite shot!

All in all, would I go back to Live Aqua...in a heartbeat! Also great that there are no kids there when you are traveling with a group of friends in our early 30's.

4 Thank marya009
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were so lucky to vacation at Live Aqua. My husband and I wanted to relax and as soon as you entered the hotel lobby we felt any stress released quickly. Everybody was warm and friendly. The hotel truly had a feel of a calming spa with the light scent of mint and beautiful music throughout the hallways. The outside grounds were meticulously maintained. We loved relaxing at the many poolsides or swimming in the ocean. The area is safe and you are able to go shopping at the malls nearby or take transportation to downtown easily. The restaurants were all great and MB is very topnotch. We want to especially thank our waiter Alfredo O in the restaurant Siete. He made our stay so wonderful and our our last night surprised us with a meal designed just for us. We were very touched by this gesture. We look forward to returning next year.

4 Thank PJB903