“Clean, Modern, and Accomodating”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Rollinsville, Colorado
“Clean, Modern, and Accomodating”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were very pleased with everything about our stay. We loved our terrace suite - it was very private and provided a nice spot to relax before and after we ventured out. Our room was comfortable and quiet. The service was great the whole time. The staff were all very polite and checked in with us frequently. Bring ones and fives to tip - it was challenging to get change. Also, bring plenty of sunscreen - it's twice as much there. We enjoyed all the restaurants - food at the buffet was good, food at the restaurants was better. They had Don Julio at the bars so we were happy! We spent most of our time at the beach just relaxing and swimming in the waves. We could order our DosXX and Don Julio from the beach as well, but liked going up to the swim up bar to get our drinks to change it up some. We walked across the street to the market a couple times, but we are not shoppers really and were very happy to just stay at the resort. I saw people between late 20s and late 50s mainly. People were having fun, but nothing too crazy and wild. It was perfect for us. We will definitely go back! As far as taxis, walk outside of the airport and bargain a little - they will drop the price down some. At the end of the trip we just as Daniel to get us a taxi and it was about the same price if we would have bought it when they try to sell it to you at the airport. It was super easy to get it from the hotel. We had a great time and are looking forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: We loved having the outside space and privacy that the terrace rooms offered.
8 Thank Shannon A
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure host your recent vacation in Cancun and we are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the convenient location of our resort, the food, the pools and especially the service.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Gilbertsville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

staff was excellent they were super nice got you anything you asked for we especially liked the cafe ,resturant staff food was good our room 1401 teraace suit was very clean being our first time at any allinclusive we would go back to the live aqua again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Jimila F
Lakeland
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just came from our 6 days vacation in Live Aqua Cancun. I am extremetely impressed with the service and concept this hotel offers. It is super clean, relaxing, and accomodating. The staff makes sure you enjoy every part of this hotel, starting from the reception service (thank you Daniel) to the last minute you leave (thank you Francisco). I loved how they care about every detail to assure that you enjoy the best service, food, and experience. I have stayed at other resorts and this one top them all. I really have no complains what so ever. There was nothing we did not like or missed. The food was excellent. Especially at the LAAKECH ($), the price is so worth it. The food was unbelievable. The lobster is the best we ever taste it. The lobster is huge and the atmosphere there is priceless. I truly recommend it. The restaurants MB, Siete, and Azur were great with excellent food and variety. We enjoy the Sea Corner (at the other side of Azur). They had the best ceviches. Also, we tried couple times the in room dinning (mostly breakfast). It was excellent and well presented. I ordered the night before and was there in the morning at the time requested. The room was cleaned and checked twice daily to assure that we had clean towels and all the necesities. They added some touches that made you feel especial. The pools and beach were breathtaking. We did not have trouble finding a great spot to seat or relax in the beds. There is always staff asking and making sure you have clean towels and all the drinks you want, even at the beach. Andres was great at the pool bar. There is always staff there ready to assist you and make sure you stayed is going as expected. Lorena was amazing at the time of making sure we had what we needed and going above and beyond to help us when need it. She was great. Cancun has wonderful beaches and places to visit. We really felt welcome by all the people we met at the places we visited (Xcaret & Chichen itza). We are already planning our next vacation there again. Love it!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it. The view is just expectacular.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sigfrido B
ManagerAQCU, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.

Thank you for your recommendations. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our stay at the Live Aqua was amazing! My wife and I took long walks down the beach to compare hotels for our next trip and nothing came close to the beautiful pools, palm trees, and landscape that Live Aqua had. One of the best parts about the hotel is the staff. In particular, Alfredo Ordinola at Azur Restaurant. He was a fantastic waiter that genuinely cared about our experience while at his table. He even took the time to help me brush up on my spanish and gave us advice about what to do and shared stories about his life in Cancun. The rest of the staff was great as well but Alfredo really made our trip memorable. I highly suggest asking for him by name when you go to Azur. There are other Alfredos so remember Ordinola! Ask for the coffee show...its no regular cup of joe!

Room Tip: The hotel is a horseshoe so get a room in the middle...the view is better.
8 Thank mason t
Thank you so much for this review, and especially for your kind words about our greatest asset: the Live Aqua Cancun staff, I have already passed my congratulations to Alfredo for such exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Chico, California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This resort went out of their way to please it's guests! Even through a hurricane. Loved the resort, moved us when we had leaking of our sliding glass doors on our terrace. Were very welcomed, and received multiple free bonuses for our trouble enduring a natural disaster. I loved the atmosphere, the crew and staff were absolutely fabulous, and went out of their way to assist you with anything. The food was grand, and pleasing. Loved this resort and will be returning every chance we get.

Room Tip: The terrace room is what we booked. It is fabulous! Great for privacy if you want to sun bathe on...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank STEVE R
Berkeley, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I can go on and on about this beautiful Hotel,but that would take me all day.Best time of my life the staff was the hardest working staff I've ever seen good food great pools clean room was awesome.I will be back and everyone I know will hear about this hotel so they can experiance pure bliss!

Room Tip: Ocean view all the way!
4 Thank tans1968
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all your kind words. I'm happy to know that your overall experience was pleasant.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bloomington, California, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband planned a surprise trip to Cancun for my Birthday. From the moment we walked into the lobby we were greeted with smiling, helpful staff. The feeling as we walked in the hotel was relaxing, the music playing and the welcoming with ice tea, and cold wash cloths was just the beginning. My husband and I had never been to Cancun, but this hotel was above and beyond our expectations. When we arrived to our room, I thought for sure we were going to be waiting forever for our luggage, it took maybe 10 min for them to bring up our bags, impressive, expecially because we were really hungry. When we returned to the room after dinner, our room had been decorated with balloons and confetti, a birthday sign, bathtub drawn with candles around it, it was a beautiful arrangement. There is so much that we loved about the hotel so I will try to cover the basics.

Food - We preffered SIETE for our meals,Breakfast is the best, a full buffet, and the chefs are great will make you whatever you request. We tried MB, wasnt our type of food it was ok. All the meals are A LaCart, so you can try whatever you want. AZUR was good for lunch, In all the resturants you have pretty much the same type of foods just cooked slightly different, I enjoyed that they had plenty options of veggies, cooked diff ways. My husband is a shrimp eater, so he ate everything that he could find with shrimp, the fish tacs by the pool side were good too, but enjoyed the guacamole better.

Service - They clean your room 2 a day, so your room is always replenished with towels, soap, water. Every staff member is willing to help you, They will escort you to your desired location instead of just pointing. My husband and I have so many pictures together thanks to the staff, We had bartenders, waiters, house cleaning, host, everyone was willing to take us a picture. Have to give a special thank you to Sulma, the life guard, she took us the best pictures of all, even after her shift she got into the pool and took our pictures from the infinit pool, she really enjoys photography. Carlos from MB was our first waiter that we meet outside at the fire show when we arrived, he was helpful, sat us down, showed us our options at the buffet and was pleasant. Our waiter David, down at the beach was GREAT, funny guy, carries good conversation, kept the drinks coming,

Cleanliness - All areas GREAT, very clean rooms, pool, bathrooms, restaurants, you never saw somthing that was dirty. Everything clean and maintained, efficient staff.

Pool - 6 pools and 1 jacuzzi. Very relaxing

No night life, a definate, R&R place only

Another suggestion - Tip, we always gave a tip to the waiters, house service. They work really hard to satisfy you, so it did't hurt to tip.

Cons - AC not as cold as we would have liked, fridge keeps drinks room temp, not cold, had to get ice for room drinks

My husband couldn't have picked a more romantic place to take me. We will definetly be going back. Nancy Pierce, Pool Coniegre left us her number we will be booking again.

Room Tip: Must get the oceanfront view room. Priceless
9 Thank Veronicah6
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Live Aqua Cancun staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.