This was our first trip to Cancun and first all-inclusive resort. My husband and I are big cruisers so we wanted to see what it was like to stay on shore for once!
In short, we had a great experience and would definitely go back.
For a more detailed review, including some tips and opportunities for improvement, please see below!
THINGS WE LOVED:
The service was out of this world. Everyone was very friendly and treated us like VIPs. When they said "My Pleasure" you actually believed it. In particular, Astrid at the swim-up pool was fantastic. She was friendly, attentive and always made sure we had a cold drink or a snack.
TIP: You can order food right from the pools. Ask your server for a menu and they will bring you different ones to choose from. Also, if you choose to tip (we did) make sure you bring lots and lots of singles and fives. We were starting to run low by the end of the week and the only way to get change in U.S. dollars is to ask the servers if they can break it.
The food was also very good. There are quite a few comments about the options at the restaurants being the same every day, which they were, but there was more than enough to choose from. The breakfast buffet in Siete was great and I found myself eating things I would never imagine having for breakfast. Azure had a great atmosphere and the service was excellent. MB had a most sophisticated menu so take a look at it before you go to make sure you're feeling adventurous that day. The Sushi bar was also very fresh and the options were unique but tame enough for even a novice sushi eater. "In Lak'ech", the only pay restaurant, was amazing and definitely worth the cost. We were able to get an in-room credit that cut the price in half.
TIP: There are two other great food options you wouldn't naturally think about. One is the Coffee Shop. They make great drinks and have desserts I didn't see at any of the restaurants. The other is Room Service. They are prompt, friendly and the food is really, really good. Try the quesadillas, the tortilla soup and the filet (yep, filet mignon for room service). You won't regret it!
The property itself and the rooms were also great. They keep the place very clean and the aromatherapy scents didn't bother us at all. We had an ocean front room with an amazing view. I couldn't believe the perfect ocean view was real. We could even see it from our bathroom!
Once you are outside, there are pools as far as the eye can see. The number of pools and temperature of them was perfect. When we were there the resort wasn't very busy so we could always find a seat and an empty pool. If you'd prefer to swim in the ocean, know that they rake the seaweed out every morning. We loved acting like kids and just playing in the ocean for a while each day. It was so much fun to go wave jumping and let the waves carry you in. Good exercise too!
TIP-We were on the 5th floor and had access to the Aqua Lounge. It was great for check-in, appetizers and for the concierge service. Fernanda and Brian took great care of us. If you have a few extra bucks to spend on it, I'd say it's worth it, but don't break your vacation bank. We didn't use it enough to say it would have made or broken our vacation.
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT/SUGGESTIONS:
A few things that are good, but could have been better...
-The service by the main group of pools was not as good as by the swim-up pool. We sat over there two days in a row and didn't see the servers all that often. When we did order a drink or food, it seemed to take a while. it was quicker to just walk up to the Azure outdoor bar ourselves.
- The restaurants were all very good but required you to check in with a host/hostess to be formally seated. There weren't many places to just stop in and grab something quickly. It would be great if the Siete lunch buffet was a little less formal and allowed you to just walk in.
-We were really interested in the "romantic dinner on the beach" and ALMOST booked it. Before we did, we asked the Aqua Lounge concierge for a menu...and we were glad we did. The menu was very limited and was the only thing that kept us from spending the money. We would recommend expanding it to include a few other options from the other restaurants onsite.
- The resort has wireless internet access at no charge, which we really appreciated. We just wished it was faster. Maybe they could look into an option to increase the connection speed in certain common areas or for the Aqua Lounge. Another option would be to allow you to pay for faster speeds if you are interested.
This was by far the most relaxing vacation I've ever had and I wouldn't let a few bad reviews hold you back from giving Live Aqua a chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua