“BEST ALL-INCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE...EVER!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at Live Aqua Aug 1 thru 5, 2012. This was our 20th Anniversary trip to Cancun. We had the most amazing experience at Live Aqua!! It more than exceeded our expectations. We were treated like every staff member was expecting us upon our arrival. Even the staff member at the front gate when our ground transportation dropped us off. We were greeted at the front lobby and taken immediately up to the 5th Floor where the Aqua Level Checkin takes place. We selected an aqua level ring room, which allowed us access to the 5th floor Aqua Lounge. This is where we checked in with Feranda Franco and Diego, our private Concierge. Both were very welcoming and helpful. Fernanda even provided us with hand massages! She was GREAT!

We opted to sign up for the "vacation club presentation" so that we could get a free couples massage in the Spa. The next morning, they took us to a family all-inclusive "Fiesta Americana", just down the street for this since we have children and Live Aqua is adult only. They wanted us to see other properties within their vacation club...which was nice. We had breakfast there, and listened to the 90 minute vacation club presentation. It was about a two hour process from start to finish (with breakfast). So, only do this if you are interested in a vacation club and/or want a free spa service.

BEACH/ROOMS: The resort is clean and very well kept. Rooms were emaculate! They had grounds keepers and beach keepers everywhere outside, as well as staff to provide food/drink service pool-side, as well as beach service. We walked up the beach about 1.5 miles and the Live Aqua beach area was the BEST-KEPT beach by far! They take great pride in keeping their beach clean, even raked up the sea weed each morning! The Aqua staff was quick and responsive. We called for a fan, it was there in less than 5 minutes. We called for a different coffee pot in our room, it was there in less than 5 minutes. They always called us by name when we dialed any of the numbers for lobby, front desk, aqua lounge, room service, etc. The bed was so comfortable! I slept better there than I do at home!

STAFF: We loved Leonel, the life-guard...he was SO friendly and remembered us each day and came over to say hello and shake our hands. He was awesome! He never stayed long, just long enough to check in and make sure we were having a good time. David at Sea Club also make quite an impression on us. The Sea club is just beyond the swim up bar on the far end of the resort, down by the beach. This is the BEST spot for lunch, in our opinion! The Fish Tacos were AMAZING!!!! Don't miss trying out this area! David will take good care of you!
Although tipping isn't necessary, we wanted to tip...because the staff was so friendly and always going out of their way to make sure we felt important and that we knew they were glad we chose Live Aqua! Not one staff person met us on the sidewalk or in a lobby area, that didn't speak and smile at us. We were completely and utterly impressed by this! These people really love working at Live Aqua!...and it showed! Make sure you take plenty of 1's for tipping! These people work so hard out in the heat...and it is nice to let them know you appreciate them.

GUESTS: We saw mostly couples at Live Aqua, but there was a 40th B-day group of ladies there, and a group of men there for a bachelor party. So, this isn't just for couples, although that is mostly what we saw while there. I wouldn't hesitate to take a group of my girl-friends...it would be a perfect girl's trip location as well!

FOOD: The food was very, very good. We are not picky eaters, we liked just about everything we tried. And if you don't like what you order, order something else to try! That is the beauty of all-inclusive. The room service food was VERY good! You must try it! The only place you have to pay for food is "In Laakech" the steak and lobster restaurant. It is $60 per person. All other restaurants and bars are included in the all-inclusive. We enjoyed the "Sea Club" for lunch the most, and "Azur" for dinner. MB is nice, but the acoustics in that restaurant made it hard to visit during your meal. It was a little loud and echoed. But still a very nice atomosphere. We had access to Aqua Lounge, which had finger foods each evening, and they also had breakfast foods in the morning hours. This was nice and handy for us since our room was on the 5th floor.
SHOPPING: Aqua is minutes from two very nice shopping malls. One is just across the street and down 1 block, and the other is about 2 city blocks the other direction. A very easy walk to both!

SAFETY: There is a staff member at the front gate 24/7 that monitors cars coming to and from the resort. We never felt unsafe at all! In fact, there is a police station one block down the street on the same side of the street as Aqua!

ENTERTAINMENT: I had read in some of the reviews before our trip that there wasn't much going on at night...well Live Aqua has changed all that! There was a fire show on the beach, a casino night, a live dancing entertainment show...something going on almost every night we were there! They also offered a trip to a popular night club on Friday night, that left Egos Bar at 10pm and offered transportation to the bar, immedate entry into the bar (no waiting), bottle service (unlimited drinks til 3-4am), with seating for all Aqua guests, for the cost of $50. Everyone was on their own for transportation back to the hotel (since people like to leave at different times). We didn't actually do this, but heard about it from the Entertainment Coordinator.

SPA: I have been to many spa's and this one ranked among some of the nicest spas I have been to. The facilities were beautiful and peaceful. Arrive early for your service so you can enjoy the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi before your service. My husband and I had the couples fusion massage...it was great. I also had the Apple Facial, loved it!

In summary, this was the best all-inclusive experience we have ever had! Wish we could have stayed longer!! We will definitely be going back!!! The friendliness of the staff was by far the most impressive thing about our stay! You will love Live Aqua!

Room Tip: We were on 5th floor...it was perfect. Aqua Lounge Level and the perfect height to enjoy the view o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Steffanie H
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and detailed review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our service, restaurants, beach and pools.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just returned from Cancun and feel not only relaxed but completely satisified with our stay at Aqua. This is my second visit to the hotel. We reserved as suite however came in late and learned our suite was not avaialble to our dismay. Fortunately for us Aaron was there to accomodate us to a nice room on the lobby level and to transfer us to our suite the next night. It could of ruined our first day but Aaron was completely aplogetic and professional in handling this mishap. He offered us free cabana use, spa treatment and put us in an amazing aqua suite on the VIP level for our 8 day stay. If you are looking for a wonderful suite, 6003 has it all. The staff in all parts of the property smile continously, look for ways to make your stay better and handle themselves incredibly. Once again, each dollar is worth it when you stay here.

Room Tip: aqua suites worth the extra cost
2  Thank d n
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we stayed at live aqua from july 13 to the 28th 2012.we had the most amazing time of our life.the resort is beautiful the staff was amazing.the rooms where always cleaned and mini bar was always full.beds were always turned down every night.having our 45th anniversary there was the best thing we ever done the food in all the restaurants was excellent.the service was always great.the pools were so spectacular you could spend all day in them.the drinks and food at the pool you could get without waiting long.the location is the best in cancun you where not far from anything you wanted to do.i would highly recommend live aqua resort to anyone.i would like to give a special thanks to the general manager and head chef Eric for making our trip so special.we can't wait to return. a special thanks to all the great friends that we met and had great times with can't wait to see you all again thank you all so much. live aqua has the best staff in cancun, a beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: 5th floor or higher.
6  Thank sandyrex

Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your 45th Anniversary, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.

Thank you for your recommendations. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is the first time we have ever stayed in an AI hotel. We had a garden room - with views
to the ocean - room was great - bathroom ok they need to change the water head in the shower its just dribbling out. Also i would recommend some padding on the door's as during the night you can hear 5 rooms up the hallway opening and shutting there door. Pools are fantastic but the water a little on the warm side - staff are excellent. My gripe about this hotel would be the food - drinks. We tried all places apart from the paying one. Its average at best with portion control - presentation is fantastic but its just lacks the ingredients. Drinks by the pool are great - beers etc but when ordering room service they can only provide beer wine and one choice at that. For my 7 days at the hotel i was only asked once in the whole time i was there what vodka i would like this was at the Ego's. They use the cheaper end of the spirits in all of our drinks - maybe this is a cost cutting exercise of the hotel. By day 4 we had to get out of the hotel and eat somewhere else i also had a mojito and this was definitely stronger/cleaner then the hotel ones. I dont know how these AI hotels operate but I can see how
they have certain budget's on the plate's - drink's that they serve and this what i saw. In future i would not be going to an AI hotel i would rather have the freedom to explore different hotels as well as the restaurants in town. ps Its very easy to get around Cancun all you need to do is go the bus stop out the front of LaIsla shopping centre take any of the buses and you can get off in town (downtown). Also if you want to visit another shopping centre then La Isla you can take the R27 which will drop you off at Las Americas which has around 200+ outlets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank fijime44

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your constructive feedback. It is my regret that your expectations were not met while staying at Live Aqua Cancun. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with quality on the food and the service. Our managers have received your feedback and are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ok Before i picked Live Aqua for my vacation I spent a lot of time on this site reading all the glowing reviews. So I went there with very high expectations. Well, Live aqua did not disappoint. From the moment you hit the door you are totally immersed in a calm, tranquil, peaceful environment that hit all five of your senses.This place is like walking it to the worlds biggest spa.

The pools. Wow the pools. they were perfect. the temperatures were different in each so your will find one you love. It is at the pools where you realize you are at an adults only resort. The drinks are flowing (tho a little weak, just order 2 at a time) and there are no kids running around screaming.

The restaurants were also great. This is no cheap Vegas buffet. These are really nice cloth napkin (i never saw a paper towel in the entire place, even the restrooms, ALL cloth). The sea bass in Azur and the seared tuna at MB were just awesome. I recommend the restaurants over room service.

The spa was outstanding. I received the best massage ever. They tell you to get there an hour early to do this hydro therapy thing. By the time you are finished with the sauna, steam room and alliterating cool and warm water soaks you are ready for your massage and it is awesome.

There is a button on the phone that says "Your wish, My Wish". Want potato chips in the middle of the night, Just push that button and before long your chips will be there.

I do have 3 minor criticisms. First the internet access was kinda spotty and slow. Darn I couldn't check my e-mail. That just left a lot more time at the pool.

My final criticisms would not happen at any other hotel. Live Aqua goes way out of its way to create this calm peaceful environment so anything that takes you out of this peaceful mindset really stands out. First, the towels in the room were not the softest. That is not to say they were bad. If you had these large thick towels at any other hotel you would be happy but because you have grown to expect perfection at Live Aqua, the less than baby butt soft towels really stand out.
My final criticism is the doorbell, Yes the rooms have doorbells and for some reason the doorbell sounds like a a dryer alarm. Again this would not matter at any other hotel but because Live Aqua so successfully creates this incredible environment, anything that distracts you form this peaceful mindset really stands out.

Here is a bit of really good advise I picked up from this site. Bring plenty of ones for tipping. This will probably be all the cash you need. Don't worry about exchanging your dollars into pesos, Dollars are accepted everywhere

I cannot recommend this place and higher. If you seek a vacation where you can just relax and recharge those batteries, Live Aqua is the place for you. If you are looking for a party hotel or a hotel to hang out with your kids, move on.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms had balconies. the rooms on the end had really nice private terraces.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Chris B

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I ahve been traveling to the Cancun area for years. We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts but I have never felt the need to review any of them. We have had many great vacations in Cancun , which is why we return every year. Live Aqua is defunately one of the best experiences we have had so far.
Check-in was a breeze and we felt special from the moment we arrived. We upgraded to the Tierra Suite and we were glad we did. The view was absolutely breathtaking. The room was stocked with the usual sodas, beer and juices but also had snacks that were all included. When you get a suite you are given access to the 5th Floor Lounge which is stocked with a little higher end liquor. My husband and I enjoyed a Chivas Regal and water one night while we watched the sunset from the patio before dinner. The suite also includes a cabanna and foot massage which you reserve daily at the towel hut.
The food at all of the restaurants was good. I must be honest and tell you the variety at the Siete Buffet for dinner as well as Breakfast did not have the variety that we have had at other all-inclusives, but the food was fresh and delicious. A tip: If you want bacon you ask the omelet maker and he will give it to you, for some reason it is not on the buffet. We had room service one night and had the Filet and Creme Brulee. Not only was the food done to perfection but the presentation was exquisite as well. It is the details that sets this resort apart from the rest.
The staff was absolutely amazing. If you want it just say the word and they will do your best to accommodate you. Jesus, Victor, Gerardo, Josimar and Hayden were at your service at the pol bar and Egos. You must ask Victor to make AWESOME!
My best part of the day was visiting Marco at the Sushi Corner. I think I had sushi for my appetizer everynight before dinner. I just could not get enough of it!
Another tip: Don't get dessert at dinner. Instead walk over to the coffee bar and choose something there. My husband and I found this out the last night we were there. The desserts there are absolutley to DIE for. The quality is so much better then anything offered at the buffet or the ala carte restaurants.
Top shelf liquor is offered at the swim up bar and the other bars. Absolute, Malibu, Tanqueray, Johnny Walker Red and Black.Dos Equis is offered on tap. They also use hard plastic serving glasses down at the pool not the flimsy plastic cups you see at most all-inclusives. They have big mugs for beer also which I thought was a nice touch.
Paella and Sangria is offered down by the pool everyday at 1:00 and they offer hot dogs and hamburgers over by the Azur Bar by the pool. The shrimp cerviche is amazing down by the pool as well.
Finally , while we were ther the resort recieved an award from Travel and Leisure Magazine. The resort through a big celebration party for the satff and gave them all polos to celebrate! They were so proud of their accomplishment and it is well-deserved!
I can go on and on about this resort. WE will definately be back!

13  Thank Mary R
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Live Aqua Cancun staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was just there last weekend with a best girl friend and had a nice time. I don't want to pretend and say we weren't totally satisfied with a few things; lack of detail on website (travel and leisure raved about it in their current issue actually made us decide over the two others we had in mind), email communication, discrepancy on booking, transp pick up, wifi and one night of room service.

These issues were brought up and quickly fixed by both upper management and the staff there to ensure the rest of our experience was superb. Even without my issues above the property, customer service is definitely what stood out even prior to complaining.

The pools are great, drinks, food was great for an all inclusive and concierge was fantastic - a few people that really stood out during our stay; Edgar (concierge), Julio, Arturo and Dania from the pool and pool bar/cafe. Seriously, ask for them next time.

I didn't get a chance to participate in the spa but would definitely go back and try it then. The fitness center is beautiful. Most of the people also visiting were pretty pleasant and normal (sorry if that offends anyone but I live in a metropolis, work in a creative office setting and I'm not interested in hanging with lots of tacky people) with the exception of a few you can't avoid in most travel destinations.

Room Tip: Splurge and book a suite! We didn't but they looked amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends