We stayed at Live Aqua Aug 1 thru 5, 2012. This was our 20th Anniversary trip to Cancun. We had the most amazing experience at Live Aqua!! It more than exceeded our expectations. We were treated like every staff member was expecting us upon our arrival. Even the staff member at the front gate when our ground transportation dropped us off. We were greeted at the front lobby and taken immediately up to the 5th Floor where the Aqua Level Checkin takes place. We selected an aqua level ring room, which allowed us access to the 5th floor Aqua Lounge. This is where we checked in with Feranda Franco and Diego, our private Concierge. Both were very welcoming and helpful. Fernanda even provided us with hand massages! She was GREAT!
We opted to sign up for the "vacation club presentation" so that we could get a free couples massage in the Spa. The next morning, they took us to a family all-inclusive "Fiesta Americana", just down the street for this since we have children and Live Aqua is adult only. They wanted us to see other properties within their vacation club...which was nice. We had breakfast there, and listened to the 90 minute vacation club presentation. It was about a two hour process from start to finish (with breakfast). So, only do this if you are interested in a vacation club and/or want a free spa service.
BEACH/ROOMS: The resort is clean and very well kept. Rooms were emaculate! They had grounds keepers and beach keepers everywhere outside, as well as staff to provide food/drink service pool-side, as well as beach service. We walked up the beach about 1.5 miles and the Live Aqua beach area was the BEST-KEPT beach by far! They take great pride in keeping their beach clean, even raked up the sea weed each morning! The Aqua staff was quick and responsive. We called for a fan, it was there in less than 5 minutes. We called for a different coffee pot in our room, it was there in less than 5 minutes. They always called us by name when we dialed any of the numbers for lobby, front desk, aqua lounge, room service, etc. The bed was so comfortable! I slept better there than I do at home!
STAFF: We loved Leonel, the life-guard...he was SO friendly and remembered us each day and came over to say hello and shake our hands. He was awesome! He never stayed long, just long enough to check in and make sure we were having a good time. David at Sea Club also make quite an impression on us. The Sea club is just beyond the swim up bar on the far end of the resort, down by the beach. This is the BEST spot for lunch, in our opinion! The Fish Tacos were AMAZING!!!! Don't miss trying out this area! David will take good care of you!
Although tipping isn't necessary, we wanted to tip...because the staff was so friendly and always going out of their way to make sure we felt important and that we knew they were glad we chose Live Aqua! Not one staff person met us on the sidewalk or in a lobby area, that didn't speak and smile at us. We were completely and utterly impressed by this! These people really love working at Live Aqua!...and it showed! Make sure you take plenty of 1's for tipping! These people work so hard out in the heat...and it is nice to let them know you appreciate them.
GUESTS: We saw mostly couples at Live Aqua, but there was a 40th B-day group of ladies there, and a group of men there for a bachelor party. So, this isn't just for couples, although that is mostly what we saw while there. I wouldn't hesitate to take a group of my girl-friends...it would be a perfect girl's trip location as well!
FOOD: The food was very, very good. We are not picky eaters, we liked just about everything we tried. And if you don't like what you order, order something else to try! That is the beauty of all-inclusive. The room service food was VERY good! You must try it! The only place you have to pay for food is "In Laakech" the steak and lobster restaurant. It is $60 per person. All other restaurants and bars are included in the all-inclusive. We enjoyed the "Sea Club" for lunch the most, and "Azur" for dinner. MB is nice, but the acoustics in that restaurant made it hard to visit during your meal. It was a little loud and echoed. But still a very nice atomosphere. We had access to Aqua Lounge, which had finger foods each evening, and they also had breakfast foods in the morning hours. This was nice and handy for us since our room was on the 5th floor.
SHOPPING: Aqua is minutes from two very nice shopping malls. One is just across the street and down 1 block, and the other is about 2 city blocks the other direction. A very easy walk to both!
SAFETY: There is a staff member at the front gate 24/7 that monitors cars coming to and from the resort. We never felt unsafe at all! In fact, there is a police station one block down the street on the same side of the street as Aqua!
ENTERTAINMENT: I had read in some of the reviews before our trip that there wasn't much going on at night...well Live Aqua has changed all that! There was a fire show on the beach, a casino night, a live dancing entertainment show...something going on almost every night we were there! They also offered a trip to a popular night club on Friday night, that left Egos Bar at 10pm and offered transportation to the bar, immedate entry into the bar (no waiting), bottle service (unlimited drinks til 3-4am), with seating for all Aqua guests, for the cost of $50. Everyone was on their own for transportation back to the hotel (since people like to leave at different times). We didn't actually do this, but heard about it from the Entertainment Coordinator.
SPA: I have been to many spa's and this one ranked among some of the nicest spas I have been to. The facilities were beautiful and peaceful. Arrive early for your service so you can enjoy the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi before your service. My husband and I had the couples fusion massage...it was great. I also had the Apple Facial, loved it!
In summary, this was the best all-inclusive experience we have ever had! Wish we could have stayed longer!! We will definitely be going back!!! The friendliness of the staff was by far the most impressive thing about our stay! You will love Live Aqua!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua