“Fantastic all inclusive hotel in Cancun!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #6 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic all inclusive hotel in Cancun!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had never stayed in an all inclusive hotel before I stayed at the Life Aqua Cancun - therefore I didn't know what to expect However any expectations that I did have were blown out of the water by this hotel.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel, the staff were attentive and very welcoming. The hotel room was large, with an all inclusive mini-bar. We had a fantastic view onto the white sandy beach and the rich blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.

The restaurants in the hotel were amazing. I was expecting it all to be buffet style, due to it being an all inclusive resort. I was totally wrong and we had a fantastic 3 course meal each evening, which in London would have cost between £30-£40 per head.

The pools and pool bar were very good, it was a fantastic place to catch some sunshine and have a few drinks. The staff were very attentive to all the guests needs.

One of the best things about this hotel was that it is 'adults only'. It was nice going somewhere and you could just relax with no screaming children.

Overall this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gary O
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations.

We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,586)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Selden
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I travelled here 6/10/12 - 6/16/12. I cannot express how amazing and beautiful this place is! The staff here were super friendly, always asking if there's anything else they could do for you. Wait staff on the beach and also pool side service. Our waitress at the pool was Esperanza... If you go here make sure you ask for her! She wasn't only attentive,but she actually cares about her customers satisfaction, she will bring you anything you ask for, and will always do it with a smile. If you don't like something, she will simply bring you something else and apologize for suggesting the original drink. This hotel is spectacular. The whole time we were there, there were workers repainting fixtures, scrubbing down chairs and tables, changing the bedding on the pool beds, and everyone who walked by you would make sure that you were happy. The food is phenomenal. There is a buffet in the moring, and in the afternoon, you could get food brought to you by the pool or on the beach. Even if it wasn't something on the menus, they would still make it for you. Their grilled shrimp is amazing, and the fish was always fresh. I have nothing bad to say about this place. we read a lot of reviews where people were complaining about the A/C noise on the lower floors. We were on the 4th floor and didnt even notice when the A/C kicked on. Like I said earlier, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, to the point where we were even talking about coming back to get married there. This place is AMAZING.

Room Tip: Ocean view with terrace is a must!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Jessica L
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Live Aqua Cancun and your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering getting married at the hotel. We certainly look forward for this honor and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

We were very pleased to learn that all the elements of perfect vacation were present during your visit: the good food, dinning options and the excellent service.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards.
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my second visit to Cancun and my husband's first. We stayed at Live Aqua for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! One thing I really liked was the location. It is in the Cancun Hotel Zone so there is a lot nearby, but it is not right up near the clubs so it is much more serene and quiet. However, the clubs are just a short cab/bus ride away.

The staff were amazing and really made our trip fun. We got to know some fabulous waiters, bartenders and other staff such as Jesus, Roger, and Heydan. There were an abundance of staff also so it was never a long wait for a drink, some for, or an answer to a question.

The facilities were also very nice. There were several relaxing pools that never got crowded, the restaurants were delicious, and the whole place felt like a spa. The beach is very clean, and they rake it every night so there was much less debris than neighboring beaches.

We did the VIP which I would highly recommend. This got us into the fifth floor Aqua Lounge as well as cabana reservations for each day. Each day we reserved a cabana we didn't have to worry about finding a place to sit by the pool or beach, and we received a 20 min foot massage. One of our favorite elements of the resort.

We loved all of the restaurants and were glad that there was quite a bit of variety so that were didn't get tired of eating the same things. It was also nice to do the all inclusive so we ate and drank as much as we pleased. The only things not included were the spa and Inlaa'kech restaurant. However, both of these are well worth the extra expense. If you get a treatment at the spa, the dry sauna, steam room, and whirlpools are also included. We got a couples massage and I got a facial and both were wonderful. We had a romantic dinner at Inlaa'kech one night and it will be unforgettable. It is a four course meal with very delicious options including steak and lobster. They even brought us a special honeymoon dessert and sang to us.

Everything was perfect for our honeymoon at Live Aqua and we are so happy that we stayed there!

Room Tip: The suites are amazing and well worth paying a little more for!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Alicia S
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your honeymoon. I'm glad you found our suites to be spacious and adequate for all your needs. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires; it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience

We really appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at the Live Aqua to celebrate our 20th Anniversary and my husband's birthday. Our stay exceeded our expectations. This is a relaxing Spa Resort. It's not a place for heavy "partying" spring breakers. It's lovely, quiet and sophisticated. Extremely Romantic! The staff is exceptional from the hotel manager making to rounds to ensure his guest are having a nice time to the pool cleaner who alway waved and smiled. The hotel is beautiful. We stayed in the Aqua Suite which I have been told is the nicest room below the Presidential Suite. It gives you access to the exclusive Aqua Lounge (where we were taken to peacefully check in on arrival) and a cabana by the pool that includes a 20 minute foot massage. That alone is worth the upgrade. The Aqua Suite is stunning! It is the first time vacation where we did not want to go home. Normally, my husband is antsy to get back and never wants to stay anywhere longer than 5 days. We stayed at Live Aqua for 8 days and both felt we could have stayed another week. We plan to go again and again.

Room Tip: Aqua Suite on the 5th floor allows you easy access to the Aqua Lounge. It is also the nicest suite...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thi-ly H
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The people were great. Food was good. Overall the experience was great. We will be back. More than we expected. Total relaxation. The staff went beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Thanks!

5 Thank lilsuga
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel mainly because of the "adult only" policy. No kids under 18.
Lazing by the pool on a Sunday afternoon to be woken up by KIDS jumping in and out the pool!!! Spoke to someone about this and was told that these people had paid extra to be here for the day.
Not happy about this so went to front desk to speak to a manager. They told us that kids can come in from 16 with parents. Not what we were told!!
These people were not even residents of the hotel. The manager has now been to speak to us and said that it was him that let them in. They were seemingly an under privileged family and he let them in for the afternoon. Now I'm all for charity but when I've worked my butt off all year and chosen an adults only hotel that's what I expect!! There are at least 2 other families here with children in our first week.
I'm sure like a great deal of the guests here that one of the reasons for choosing live aqua is their claim that this is an adult only environment. There are countless hotels in the area that are equally as good and do accept under 18,s.
We are not people who complain but when you book somewhere that claims to be adult only that turns out not to be you tend to feel aggrieved.

9 Thank Stuartbrand123
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed 7/5-7/9 for a quick solo getaway. My vacation agenda was to tan, read, relax, repeat. I was really looking forward to my trip to Live Aqua after reading all of the reviews. I'll start with the check in process. The doorman was very sweet and I received a sincere Mayan welcome. I was whisked to a seating area in the lobby where I was told to relax with some iced tea while they check me in. I sat for about five minutes and a front desk person came over with my check in docs and explained how the AI part of the resort worked. I mentioned I had a resort credit with my booking and he said that my oceanview room booking didn't offer such a great view and he'd use my room upgrade credit for a better view. That took another 5 minutes, but I got an ocean front room on a higher floor. Taking my credit card for room charges took another 5 mins and the whole process seemed overly lenghthy. Once he got my room key he rushed through the list of resort activities and restaurants/bars and answered my questions so fast that I could barely understand him, I almost felt dismissed. Room had a gorgeous view, a balcony and was a decent size for just me. Lots of storage space, large bathroom and comfy bed. The AC kept powering off and only half of the room lights worked. I called for assistance and a maintenance man came to fix the issue. The next problem was I didn't have any hot water in the bath, shower or sink (I'm not making this up). I called this in and another maintenance man came he tinkered for 15 mins and I was told it was fixed just give it 10 mins. After 50 mins, still no hot water. I spoke to a manager, he said he is sure it would be resolved but he offered to move me to another room. I had already unpacked and did not want that hassle and it was taking away from my precious tan, read & relax time. We worked out a deal to compensate me and he promised it should be fine. The second day still no hot water but it was tepid at least. I called it in and left a note for the housecleaner to take care of this. The issue was never resolved and by then I was leaving soon on my quick getaway I did not want to repack and unpack after a room move. Electricity and hot water are such basic needs I could mot believe this was happening at a 4.5 star resort. Nobody checked in on me to see if I was ok. On to food and activities. I used my food credit at the only restaurant that was not part of the AI. The filet and lobster were just so so and I was gIad I didn't pay an extra $60 USD for that meal. The pools are nice and there are plenty of areas to tan. The poolside wait staff were so attentive. They set me up with an umbrella next to my double tanning bed with an ice bucket full of bottled water. Got me guacamole and chips, cold drinks and burgers. I felt pampered by them. One day I stayed on the beach and received the same good service. The breakfast buffet at Siete was good. You just have to be creative, i had chorizo n eggs one day, tamales with eggs and salsa, chilaquiles, all yummy. I ate lunch at Azur twice, pizza was not so good but the fried seafood is good and the linguini was perfectly al dente. I ate dinner at MB twice and I liked my meals, good ingredients and perfect linguini carbonara. The resto with the best ambiance is Sea Corner where you get fresh guac n chips and a view to die for. I had breakfast in bed one day, room service took an hour and the food was cold plus they forgot my bacon for my bacon n eggs. I ordered lunch in my room another day and it came quickly and was fairly hot. All of the Housekepping, waitstaff, hostess and resto manager were very, very nice and attentive. They made up for the room issues I was having. I tried the spa and enjoyed the facilities and my massage. There are hardly any activities and no nightlife if that is important to you. My experience had some extreme highs and lows and I wish they would have been more consistent with the service in all aspects of my stay. I would not come back again. I did read three books and got a great tan because I did my best to relax and not sweat the small stuff.

2 Thank JBR888