I was there from May 21-26, cost $3100 for 2 people
My wife and I did not want to return, it was heaven. Right when you walk out of customs there are 10s of agents all dressed in shirt and tie who lure you in to get you to sign onto a time share talk.....watch out. They lie to you to get you. I was told by my travelocity olympus tours taxi that they would be waiting outside customs and these guys told me that the government of mexico pays for them to help all tourist and that they will contact my taxi for me. After 5 minutes of him flashing different activities to do in Mexico he started to get to a time share talk and then I demanded to see my omlypus taxi guy and they said that they are just outside the door......Don't talk to anyone and just walk outside the airport for your taxi.
At the hotel they offered us a time share talk in exchange for a couples massage which we took, it was worth 3 hrs of saying no no no no. They promised it would be no more than 90 minutes. Some people said it took them 5 hrs to get out of it and they were in tears as they had lost almost a full day of their 7 day vacation to these talks. Just a headsup.
When we walked into the hotel they took up right up to the lounge in the 5th floor and Ana Guadalupe made us feel so welcome and at home as she checked us in.
The Taxi service if EXPENSIVE. A 2 minute ride is 10 dollars!!! There is a great Bus service that runs every 1-2 minutes along the Hotel zone back and forth for only 80 cents per trip, its safe and full of locals and tourists, take that instead. Everyone accepts Dollars and Pessos.
If you want good drinks you need to actually get them yourself. They made alot of pretty drinks but you could drink 15 of them and still not be buzzed. You have to watch the waiter pour the drink or else they will barely put any alcohol into it. Wear plenty of sun block as you get burned really quick.
Coco Bongo is apparently the place to go at nights but we never got around to going there. We did however go to the Chichen Ixa tour with Olympus tours and it was amazing. We got to swim in a cave. The tour guide Beto was so informative.
We were afraid that Adults only might mean a lot of older folks but most of the people were in their 30s and 40s, few in their 20s and few more than 50s. There was one bachelorette group as well.
The MB restaurant was really good, the Siete was good for breakfast but our favorite was Azur. There was one other all you can eat steak and lobster place but it was 60 dollar per person extra which we did not go.
Pros: Excellent site/beach front with enough room for all, beautiful infinity pool. Great service. Very friendly staff. 5th floor was fantastic (deluxe king size ocean front room) I was in room 5015. Quiet, romantic. 3 great restaurants and 24/7 room service. Adults only. Excellent staff (David Camera who was my waiter on day 1, told my waiter Alejandro on day 6 that I liked cappuccino at breakfast and he offered it to me). They had beach volleyball and beach tennis daily.
1. Poor advertising. I upgraded my room but the bonuses offered were useless. ie. 50 dollars off romantic dinner (with actually costs 220 dollars), 50 dollars off spa, 50 dollar off wine. I did not get to use anything as they were all overpriced. Don't get any extra deals for the bonuses. You pay so much for the package and then they expected more.
2. Wish they had larger portion of fruits and snacks on the 5th floor because several times I had to go down to get more.
3. No night activities or shows. They had one brazillian fire show held on beach front with a dinner grill which was excellent but unless you sat right at the front, you could not see the show. I wish they would set up a stage so everyone could enjoy the show. I walked over to Beach Palace and they had an amazing micheal jackson concert which we sneaked in. They should plan more night activities.
4. Very little alcohol in the mixed drinks...felt like beautiful sugar water drinks...disappointed. Had to go to each bar tender and watch them make the drink for it to feel like it should.
5. The infinity pool was closed for 2 or 3 days while we were there because they were making an Ad, which was disappointing as it separated the bar/food from one half of the pool and you had to walk all the way around to get there.
Don't get me wrong, I think it still deserves the 5/5 but I want them to fix the above Cons as I will definitely go back. I miss it already. The only thing I would change would be to get a room on the south side as then I would be able to see the sunrise each morning and it was beautiful site to see on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua