My husband and I visited Live Aqua in 2011 during the Valentines Day weekend. It was supposed to be an adults only resort, but there were bunches of toddlers and cranky babies throughout the resort, which ruined our stay. The check in took forever. The restaurants required reservations, but the moment we arrived we were told that there weren't any and we'd have to eat in the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These things ruined our vacation at Live Acqua, even though we thought the resort was beautiful. We were told that the resort was in transition to an all inclusive adults only, but the problems were very evident.
In January 2012 we decided to go back to Live Aqua after we were assured that things had changed. And yes, they definitely have! The management is well trained. Check in was fast and effortless. The resort is spotless and as beautiful as ever, with a gorgeous beach and amazing, infiniti pools. It's a spa-environment that absolutely is peace on earth for adults who want to relax and feel pampered. The restaurants don't require reservations anymore. You just show up (and take your chances that you won't have to wait--but we didn't wait more than 20 minutes even on a popular weekend night at the smaller restaurant serving grilled meats, outside).
There's very little I'd change about this resort now. It's nearly perfect. We particularly liked the soft jazz around the pool and at the outside bar at night-time. If you're looking for a wild, "wet tee shirt" type time, this is not the resort for you, but if you're looking to be treated royally, eat great food, and relax in a truly beautiful setting, it's a perfect choice.
That being said, I did feel that with all the outdoor space available at the pool area, there should be a smoking pool. This would discourage the type of behavior we saw more than once, where a man who continually lit up very smelly cigars, ruined the smell of being outdoors, for everyone around him. ANother smoke took a lit stogie into the pool with him using the water as an ashtray. It would have been nice if someone from the hotel had asked him to smoke it out of the water. There are no ashtrays around so that should have been a clue, but some of the avid smokers didn't care, and it was gross. One other thing that could be improved, but this is minor, is the room ammenities. Maybe it was the room category we chose, but the shampoo, conditioner and so forth were not very "spa style" or luxurious, and not replenished at all during our stay (we kept having to go to the carts and request replacements). Items like bath gel, body lotion, and shower caps are standard and we were surprised that these seemed hard to get.
Still, Live Aqua was so lovely I nearly cried when I had to leave. That's a good vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua