We booked a one week stay through Fun Jet, overall it was smooth traveling!
New Years Eve check in: We arrived with a huge group and were brought immediately down into "level C" for a mass check in. Once I was able to work through that line, I had a chance to let them know that we were not a part of that group. They immediately brought us up to the Lobby and we received a nice personal check in. I was hoping to upgrade to the Aqua Level which they said was normally $75 per night. Unfortunately, the rooms were sold out so they offered me use of the Aqua Lounge and to keep my same Ocean view room for an additional $50 per night. We passed on that option. While checking in, there are several people waiting behind you to tell you about special offers, the hotel and of course time share offerings. I told Daniel at check in that I was not interested in the time share presentation and was on my way! We arrived around noon, had a couple hours to burn before our room was ready so we headed to Azur for lunch and a few cocktails. What a great 1st impression!!! Right on the beautiful beach with a nice menu to choose from.
Room: Our room was ready early, we were well pleased with the ocean view room.
After a little nap we headed back to Azur for dinner then to the beach for their New Years Eve celebration. It was a great time.
Pools: The rest of the week at the hotel was spent around the beautiful infinity pool taking in the day and a few cocktails. The pool servers were excellent and friendly!! Drinks were great and always made the way we requested. Prior reviews mentioned the pools were heated... We're from Chicago, so not too picky about 'warm' pools... These pools were cooold! All week! And the hot tub wasn't warm enough either. Instead of swimming we took advantage of the complimentary chair massages each day poolside. Nice touch!
Beach: We didn't spend any time lounging on the beach this time. It was a little too windy/wavy for us. We took in the view from the swing bar, fun place to hang!
Spa: We got to the spa an hour early and did the complimentary hydrotherapy session with spa service. it was sooo worth it! We both got the recommended fusion massage, it was great!
Food: It was hard to find something we didn't enjoy. We LOVED not having to battle a buffet 3 meals a day for a week. Each restaurant offered something a little different each night, so if you're undecided... do some menu hopping! If you like seafood, this hotel will NOT disappoint!
Trips: We took a day trip to @Isla Mujeres and @Aktun Chen. Both great days!
Overall we really enjoyed the hotel. In a perfect location: 30 minutes from the airport, $2 round trip bus ride almost anywhere, 45 minute walk to town, beautiful beach, shopping across the street. Service was great, from the bartenders to the spa staff, the waiters, to the nice guy that made my 2:00 double shot latte.
We would definitely consider this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua