“Wonderful time in a perfect place!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Wonderful time in a perfect place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

My girlfriend and I (25,25) spent 5 wonderful days at Live Aqua. We stayed from 5th to 10th Oct. It’s an adults only hotel, so if you are looking to have some parties over there, this is not the best place. By 10pm it’s all dead. But if you are looking to relax by the pool the whole day and enjoying the view of the sea, simple, just go for Live Aqua. Free wifi! Let me tell you about our experience:

Booking: I was in doubt with Live Aqua and Le Blanc before going to Cancun. But, when I saw the discount of 50% off on Aqua´s website on the best room available, I knew that I was going to make a good decision. I booked the Sol Presidential Suite. If you have the chance, book it too! I think next time we would like to try Le Blanc to compare. But Live Aqua is really an amazing hotel for a relaxing vacation.

Check-in: When we stepped into the hotel, we really felt the spirit of Live Aqua with a water sound and a strong smell of eucalyptus, which you get tired of the smell in a few days (maybe hours lol). The check-in wasn’t that fast for us, I think it took about 25 minutes. It took longer than normal because the nice lady said that in my reservation had not a discount. So she had to check with the manager with the email I showed her with the whole conversation with someone from the hotel before going there. Not a problem to my girlfriend, during this time she had hand massage! Beside this small problem the staff at the reception is very kind.

Room: As I said, we booked one of the best rooms available in Cancun, I suppose! Too big for a couple, but we enjoyed so much. It has 2 bedrooms, one Jacuzzi just behind the bed, one huge living room, one big terrace with another Jacuzzi, great view of the sea and also of the back of the hotel, the lake side, 3 tvs, bose system, etc. Just perfect. No words to describe it.

Food: My only concern to book this hotel was about the food. I read many and many reviews saying that the food isn’t that good, but I thought with myself “ok if the food is not what we expected, at least we got a perfect deal for the room”. For us Azur was, by far, the best restaurant. We had lunch there everyday (ask a beef tenderloin) and one day for dinner (different menu). We had dinner one time at MB and Siete but it was just fine. Breakfast at Siete everyday was good. They have lots of options bread, fruits, cakes, omelet but nothing more than a normal international breakfast in a nice hotel. We had the chance to go the Aqua Club, but we didn’t like the food, was too spicy, but was a great place to relax a have a drink at the end of the day.

Pool/Beach: It is just amazing. We spent most of the time there, just relaxing. As we went in a low season, we could get the best place to set our stuff and relax. You can choose if you want to stay near the pool or you can make a reservation (we didn’t need to) for a “cabaña”. They will prepare to you a perfect place to relax the rest of your day. The staff is very nice by the pool. If you need anything, find Federico. Go for a Tequila Sunrise, best drink ever! The beach is nice too but you don’t want to leave the pool area lol. Sea water is not cold, easy to get in and the sand is soft. As you see, everything perfect.

Last considerations: If you have doubt of going in October, I would say that it’s the best season ever! Even if you look the forecast which will probably say that is going to rain a lot but during ours 5 days, it rained a little bit in the morning of the first and second day. Besides that we had unbelievable sunny days! Perfect time!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gdietze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sherman Oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We had a terrific time at this all adult all inclusive hotel. The food was excellent. All you could eat, both buffet and menu. We would recomment it for a romantic get away.

Room Tip: Floor 2 and up for ocean views. Also you don't want rooms that don't have ocean view as they...
6 Thank Bronow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed the "spa like" atmosphere. The music was relaxing but not intrusive. In some areas we really enjoyed the aromatherapy but in some areas the aroma therapy was much too strong. The entire place was impeccably clean and well maintained. The staff were so kind and friendly and very well trained. The food was some of the best food we have ever had from the buffet to ordering from the menu to room service. All were excellent. One important tip is to ask the waiters for their suggestions. They did not recommend a few of the items and we were always pleased with their recommendations. The drinks were great and didn't seem watered down. The water in the main pool area seemed a little too cold but the pools were immaculate. The pool bar was a fun place to hang out and the water was warmer.

1 Thank PickyTraveler692
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We travel a lot, and must say we felt there is great value at Live Aqua. The food was excellent overall...room service was the best around. MB was exquisite, and the breakfast buffet was superb. We felt the entire staff was professional and friendly throughout our stay. The pools and grounds were beautiful and well kept (some pools were a bit too cool, but no big deal). The drinks were fine, not very strong like any all inclusive, but if you want a stronger drink, just ask for a shot of liquor with it and add the shot...it's all inclusive you can get anything you want! For the review I read that said they don't have top shelf liquor...they are wrong. They had plenty of top shelf, including Jack Daniels, Crown Royal, , etc etc. The aroma therapy throughout the hotel was very pleasant, and not overwhelming.

The one bad...and it was really annoying for the few hours it happened...was the wedding that occured during our stay. They put up two tents on the beach that blocked the ocean view and some beach space, for a few days. This wasn't a big deal. The problem was that they allowed this wedding reception to go until 6am. It was so loud, that literally our room was vibrating. We stuffed cotton in our ears and put pillows over our head yet got no sleep. We complained at 3am, and they moved our room to the other side of the hotel which made absolutely no difference. The manager was extremely apologetic, but did say that the wedding party did pay for this time. What about everyone else who paid to stay there and relax? Did we not count? If it weren't for this one night, I would have given 5 stars. Anyway, I would return to this hotel because of how great everything else was, but I would absolutely call the hotel in advance of booking to make sure there is no wedding.

Room Tip: Even Garden View rooms have Ocean views...just not full on.
4 Thank Riz6
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

First impressions…the aroma at the lobby was intoxicating. The fresh smell of vanilla relaxed the body within seconds. The check-in staff and concierge personnel were all very happy to meet and greet me, and welcome me to their hotel. My room was a deluxe garden with a king size bed on the P Level. Great room, great location, as for the view, nothing breath taking, by my viewing time was enjoyed on the beach.
The Beach…Live Aqua is situated in the middle of the strip with a good sized beach. I spent most of my day under a palapa enjoying some of my favorite authors… When not reading, I took in a beach walk, a seat at the outdoor bars, or a swim in one of their many pools.
Restaurants….Try all four of the restaurants, they all have something good to offer, my favorite, “In Laakech”, it opened for the first time during my stay, excellent grilled filet. Azur had good Italian and one night offered a soprano soloist. For desert, check out the Coffee Corner. The Dress code in all the restaurants was casual…dress shorts and a collared shirt.
Staffs…Of the 100 staffers I met, 99 of them were very friendly, helpful, and respectful to me. Some names to remember, Ricardo at The Coffee Corner, Mauricio at Azur, Nancy, Michael, and Paolo at Siete, and many others. It seemed half the staff new my name by week’s end.
Night Life…Little to speak of, but after being on the beach all day, the relaxation of the resort was welcomed. It sure beat the typical cabaret shows of other resorts. Live music in EGOS would have been nice.
Mind, body, and soul…The entire resort was developed for relaxation with aroma therapy, Zen gardens yoga, and tai chi. I left my trip in better spirits.
Recommendations…Check out the daily schedules with the concierge.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank rickcap
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, the view from the hotel and ocean side and to the city is beautiful. The rooms are nice and specious, the room service is great and fast.All the employees are reallty nice and ready to serve you. The thing I didn't like is when we ordered food by the pool we had to wait a long time most of the time.....like the drinks they would bring faster but food you wait and wait. Another thing I didn't like is that they didn't have that much veriety of food and not all the food that they had tasted right...like the food by the pool for which we had to wait longer was good, we ordered mostly Mexican food, like tacos, burritos or quesedillas, but the food at the restaraunts sometimes was good and sometimes not as we expected.....and we got tired of the same thing fast as there were only 3 restaraunts and same food every night and we stayed there for 8 nights..... the only good thing for us was that we stayed on 5th floor and for all the guests that stay on that floor they have a seperate lounge and there they have really good food, its not allot there but they have exotic appetizers and fgood finger food and nice desserts and more expensive alcohol, oh and this lounge is only open for breakfast and dinner time. So I reccomend to get a room on this floor so that you can have better quality alcohol at least at dinner time and some nice appetizers. The pools are really nice and beauiful, the ocean is nice too, but there are always waves so you have to be careful, because they knock you off and pull you in......but other vise we had a good time and enjoyed it. Oh also the spa is really relaxing, we went a couple of times... and we loved the aroma therapy in our room and in the facilities. Oh also the cleaning in the room.....those ladies are slow.....most of the time they cleaned our room closer to evening or after lunch time.

Room Tip: Get the room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kroshichka
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is welcoming and relaxing the moment you walk in. The smell of aromatherapy surrounds you the whole time through out the hotel. You feel like your always in a spa. The staff are dressed to impress and happy to help. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. We have absolutely nothing bad to say. The food was the best all inclusive food we ever ate. It's like eating at a top notch restaurant each day. We were always full, drinks always filled with top shelf liquor and didn't wait at all. Concierge service is impeccable.

We stayed at Aqua Live for our 10 yr anniversary. We were going to a time share, oops I mean time scare meeting my husband purchased at the airport. When asking for a taxi at our hotel to the meeting our concierge at Live Aqua told us to not go and instead go to another one through our hotel which was more reputable. They offered us a 4 hour couple's massage and hydro therapy treatment at Coral Beach spa. It was the best spa I've ever been to. It was the highlight of our trip and we got a $600 package for free thanks to our hotel referring us there. Along with a free trip to Chichen itza. Thank you Alexandro !!! We also got an upgrade room with beach front view and $50 toward a spa treatment at Aqua.

We loved being at an adults only hotel. Most of the guests were sleeping at the pool because it was so quiet and relaxing. I can't wait to go back again. I love, love, loved it !

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth the upgrade.
1 Thank hopefloatsnyc