“Paradise in Mexico!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I went to Live Aqua with another couple for five nights and couldn't have been happier with the experience! Live Aqua is the exception to the wild Cancun and caters to those looking to unwind and relax. The food and drinks we excellent - order a "Gabarushka" or "Cancun Kiwi" by the pool, you will not be disappointed. I ordered a filet and a bottle of wine of the room service menu and everything was covered.

The room was very nice, typical resort-style room with flat screen TV, fully stocked mini-bar (Corona's on request!), and the best part - beautiful exterior view overlooking the water. The resort is close (walking distance) to a big shopping center, movie theater, and restaurants, but we never lef the resort as there was no need to.

Book a shuttle to take you directly to the resort and don't rent a car. If you want to stay in the Cancun area, there a number of ways to get around - bus, shuttle, etc.

Advice - pay the few extra dollars and stay on the fifth floor - the Aqua lounge! The Aqua lounge is stocked with great snacks throughout the day, has a personal concierge, and has a tequilla tasting bar every night with the 'good stuff' you can't find in the states. Pablo is the man in the Aqua Club and will take care of you and travel partners!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MNsnowBOUND
There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I only write reviews if a hotel/resort is either 1) Top notch or 2) Bottom of the barrel. In this case, Live Aqua is top notch and simply amazing. You feel like you're entering a gigantic spa upon arrival. The aromatherapy permeates throughout the entire hotel. Upon arrival you are greeted by an amazing staff and a hand massage. We interacted with David -- who like the rest of the staff, exhibited an amazing level of service and warmth. The big difference between Live Aqua and other resorts is just this - the staff is great and treats you like royalty. My wife used the spa 3 times and had excellent things to say. All the food is great which isn't always the case at an all-inclusive. You will not regret a trip to Live Aqua and we will hopefully return next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abrocato
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We just had a wonderful time on our annual girl's trip. The service, food and accommodations were wonderful. Limberg at the main pool was an excellent server!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I travel a lot and been to many 5 star tropical resorts in different places including Cancun. This resort is a gem, for some reason not many people know about it but the ones that do say its the best, I agree. I never seen anything like that. Being a younger couple expecting a baby we wanted nothing but to relax and get pampered, and we got it all and then some. We were there during a hurricane so things were very hectic and the resort staff worked hard to keep everyone safe and take care of their property. The few days that it was actually nice and sunny, this placed seemed like a paradise. It is quiet, relaxing, staff is friendly and will do anything you ask. The food was amazing, it felt like eating at a 5 star restaurand every day. Being pregnant I felt very pampered and what a treat this resort is. Theres zero night life and zero partying, so I found in my condition was perfect, the resort seemed "dead" after 10-11pm, but we found was a perfect time for night time romantic soak in a jacuzzi overlooking the beach and pool area with noone in sight. The only thing I wish is there was some sort of entertainment or activities by the pool during day time to keep people awake and going.The mall right across the street is a must to check out, what a treat that place is too, with all boutiques and cute little romantic restaurants. Aquarium inside the mall is cheap and fun as well. People seem to complain about food in some reviews, and if you are open minded, adventurous person you will find the food very good and interesting. If you used to the whole same ol' basic american stuff, you might hate it. Buffet was good. Room service for breakfast at least once is a must and what a treat that is. Like any resort they have little problems, compare to other resorts their problems are little... My biggest turn off and biggest thing I didnt like, was their maid service..it was weird and kind of confused me.. Our second day there the maid "took" (???) one of my parfum bottles sitting next to my toiletries..I couldnt believe it..I called the front desk and they asked me to search for it..I remembered exactly where it was and knew it went missing, 20 mins later the maid brough it back just handed it over, smiled and left..I never got any explanation or appology about this incident and still dont get what was that all about..I mean i dont care for the lil parfum its the point she took it and why and I really dont wanna see it that way but does it mean they steal personal items? Second, One day there was 3 maids in our room and one of them was using our room phone and sitting and having a conversation with someone...wierd or just unproffesional?! Then theres incident with a maid randomly just buting in the room with no knock or cleaning supplies on her..again wtf?! Then I got weirded out when the room was cleaned twice a day, second time at 9-10 pm and I never got a memo about that and stuff was placed around weird too..No clue whats up with all that...used the safe tho..lol. Things they need to work on, Shower in room- no pressure and water sits still on the floor and doesnt drain, Music situation is a bit off- lobby music is too loud and interferes with pool side music, prices for extras- seem a bit extreme such bottle of champagne 200$ wich cost 5$ across the street/outside hotel-spa prices are insane-prices to rent a cabana/sun bed for a day is even more insane, no currency exchange in hotel, staff do expect tips very obviously-kind of turn off and when you tip them will work extra hard, hotel's activities person is absolutely useless and couldnt help us book any activities we wanted, had to go to see a Best Day rep for any activities, Drinks were great for my bf who drank double's since singles werent strong enough (their glasses are too tall) but for me being pregnant I found their Virgin Mojitos I couldnt get enough of. The front desk has a book of DVD movies people can borrow to watch for free on rainy nights and theres free Wi-Fi everywhere all the way till beach, you need to get the code. In overall I would rate resort 5+ star and come back again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Ania K
Reviewed November 8, 2011

If you are going to Cancun to party, then Live Aqua is not the place for you. This hotel is perfect for the ones who want a relaxing atmosphere with little noise or crazy people. Rooms are beautiful and clean, restaurants don't offer much but what they have is fabulous. We tried to make our own party and got in trouble by Jorge except for the day it rained like crazy and there was nobody but our group outside, so we became the entertainment for the staff. Drinks are good and strong from all of the bars. Location is great as you are close to the airport and the biggest mall in Cancun. Overall this hotel is best for a couple and not a group.

The best staff we had was Evrardo (swim up bar), the servers David, Roger, Juan Carlos, and William. They always made sure we were taken care of.

Room Tip: If you go in an off season, ask the front desk if you can upgrade
3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Still in room 9007, leave in 2 days, can't sleep - too much coffee. Need to mention Luis and Pablo from the restaurant waiters and Juan from the pool/beach. They make the whole experience in this hotel GREAT!
Came with my wife and 4 other friends, not too much into the whole relaxing "Spa" atmosphere/theme of this hotel but can't complain about anything, the food is great on all 3 restaurants, service is excellent, deserves all the 4 1/2 stars Expedia is rating it.

2 small comments, not complaints = play more party/dance music at the pool or farthest away from the hotel so you won,t interfere with the spa music playing everywhere else, and add one more restaurant, food place to give everyone more choices

4  Thank alinfd
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We just returned from a 3 day stay at Live Aqua and thought everything about this resort was amazing. Truly, if you have a vacation stay planned here it will be everything you could dream of. The Location of this resort is prime Cancun beach spot. Pretty much right in the middle of the hotel zone. The food is great. Would highly recommend Azur for lunch or dinner-the buffet here is awesome. We visited MB once and ordered both the short ribs and the red snapper... portions small but wonderfully seasoned and presented. Service is impeccable everywhere you go at this resort. Special koodos to Roger our cocktail waiter on the beach and David at the pool bar closes to Azur. The international buffet that they put on with the fire show on Friday nights is a must do deal. Whether you are a single person or a couple enjoying a getaway this resort is ideal for either. Not a ton of nightlife but we found after a day of sun and cocktails the perfect way to end a perfect day was a great in room service ordered meal of filet mignon and fish. Have to make a point of ordering room service and food by the pool. Be sure to let the wait staff use their imagination with the cocktails... they whip up some quite amazing creations! Love the fact that this resort caters to adults only!

Room Tip: when you book you'll want to reserve a deluxe Ocean front view.
2  Thank carrera1