“total relax in beautiful environment”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
miami
“total relax in beautiful environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

We love Live Aqua and the people that work there ,Tania in front desk , Jorge in Siete , Freddy and Francisco by the beach .
We enjoy every meal at the restaurants and the special night at the beach with a fire show and dinner .
The location is excelent , we went to mercado 28 only 15 minutes bus ride saturday in the morning and have lunch in Pescado al limon , very good service and food .
This is the third time in Cancun since 2010 , we love it ; mexican people are very nice and work very hard .....we are going back soon.

Room Tip: Try to get deluxe with terrace and enjoy the wiew of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank malbecMiami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

my husband and i just returned from a six-night stay at live aqua. soooo very relaxing. from the moment you step into the hotel you fell relaxed. everything about this hotel is exceptional; the food, service, cleanliness, staff, spa. if you can, book an aqua suite, very private and spacious. there's a button on the phone "your wish, our wish", which is very true.
you can ask for just about anything and they will bring it to you.
the restaurants were outstanding. being from new york, our food expectations are high, but we were pleasantly surprised. Azur for lunch was great. be sure to order from the menu . Champagne risotto was delicious. be sure to ask for Sergio at Azur. He was great
Siete was very nice, good menu.
MB was great. Be sure to have the short ribs. Fernando, the Solmelier, suggested a great bottle of Mexican wine. Luis, our waiter, was very nice.
I could go on, but i highly suggest that if you're traveling to cancun that you experience live aqua.

Room Tip: aqua king suite is the best
8 Thank dmpalm
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I just got back from a six night stay at the Live Aqua, and coming from the view of a person who works in Sales at a 4 star hotel in Boston, this hotel really exceeding expectations. From the moment you arrive, you are greeting by a friendly face and given a hand massage. Everything was extremely clean, waiters remember your name, the pools are gorgeous, and food is good. The preparation of all the food was beautiful and creative. MB and Room Service had the best food. Siete was just okay, but I only tried it once, and Azure was great right by the pool. Drinks could be weak, but just ask for a double and they are happy to accommodate. My only suggestion is that the hotel lets you know what is open on which days, as we tried to go to a restaurant a few times to find out only certain ones were open that day. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a party scene, this may not be the place, but it was the most relaxing and beautiful place I have stayed at in a long time. Awesome!!

Room Tip: We didn't plan on staying in the room too much, so we just booked the least expensive standard r...
6 Thank Lisa G
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I end up paying a little extra for Live Aqua but am glad I did. Me and my wife were pampered from day one. Customer service was superb, friendly, and impeccable. They had three contemporary restaurants featuring expensive menu items such as steak, beef carpaccio, tuna tartar, etc. 24 hour room service, cafe/pastry bar, two bars, etc and they were all inclusive. Wasn't too impressed with city of Cancun but Live Aqua made up for it. Love the modern decor and the relaxing environment. Definitely will return one day.

3 Thank uopsong
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Live Aqua, and I can honestly say they blew my socks off! We stayed from October 15th to October 23rd, and we truly enjoyed every moment of our stay. I read every review on this site for months up to the very day we left and I know that they helped me make this choice for a hotel, therefore I feel it is only fair to offer future travelers my own opinion of this resort.

The Property- the hotel is very spa like with aromatherapy and trickling water all through the hotel. It is impossible to hold on to your stress here. The property is full of glass windows which let in a ton of light and make you feel like you are outside even when you are inside. It is a large property but not sprawling, and you never feel like you are very far away from any of the amenities they offer. It was the perfect size to offer a lot of space without feeling like you were getting lost trying to find a restaurant or a pool. This hotel is also an adults only hotel. It was my first time to stay at an adults only facility and it really made a difference in my level of relaxation. If I leave my kids at home, then the last thing I want to do is watch someones kids on my vacation. It definitely lends to the harmony of the environment.

Rooms- We stayed in the Presidential Suite on the 7th floor. I will add pictures as soon as I can. I felt like a princess in this suite. It had 2 large rooms, 4 balconies, and an enormous terrace which included a private plunge pool, several seating areas, an outdoor dinning room, and a hot tub. The master bedroom suite had a huge bathroom that was all decked in cedar planks and had a hot tub the size of a swimming pool. There were also 2 living rooms, a study, a dinning room, and a large bar area that opened onto the terrace. We had originally booked the Aqua Suite through luxurylink.com and we had called many times before our stay to make certain that we would be on the aqua club 5th floor or higher. When we arrived we were told that a large group was occupying all of the suites on the 5th floor and they asked to put us on the 2nd floor. That was not acceptable to me and after some negotiations we were moved to the presidential suite. (Side Bar- My husband had been trying to negotiate a price to upgrade to the Presidential suite for weeks prior to our stay. We never reached an agreement with Aqua prior to the stay, but due to the problems at check in, Aqua agreed to our previous final offer.) (Tip- try to negotiate an upgrade prior to your stay. If the Presidential Suite is not booked you may just be able to get it for pennies on the dollar of posted pricing)

Pools- all of the pools on the property are beautiful. I understand that they are usually all different temperatures, but their was a tropical storm for the first 2 days of our vacation and the rain had dropped all of the pool temperatures to a very cool 78 degrees. Very refreshing, and it kept you from becoming to intoxicated! LOL The service at the pool was impeccable! Every time you looked up there was someone asking if they could get you a drink, or a fresh towel, or something to eat.

Food-I was highly impressed with the food at Live Aqua. Each of the restaurants offered amazing gourmet cuisine. This was nothing like any other all inclusive in which I have ever stayed. We had, sea bass, lobster, fillet mignon, duck, and my favorite tuna tar tar. Do not miss the tuna tar tar! Room service was equally as impressive as the restaurants, the menu was vast and no matter what you ordered it arrived hot in 30 minutes or less.

Aqua Club- I insisted on having access to the club prior to our arrival, but honestly there is no reason to pay extra for this. The Agua Club is a beautiful lounge located on the 5th floor and they offer canapes, espresso, and cocktails. In most hotels this is extremely important to me, but as all of these items could be found at any time in a number of locations throughout the facility there was no need to pay to get these items on the 5th floor. There is a coffee bar located on the Pool level that was equivalent to Starbucks, but with the added benefit of gourmet cookies and pastries available all day and into the night.

Spa- This is a world class spa. If you do indulge in a spa treatment make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes early to enjoy the sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool and jacuzzi!! I had a four hands massage which was a perfectly choreographed dance of massage. Each lady worked in 100% synchronization to the other for an entire hour. I have never experienced anything more relaxing in my entire life.

Gym- The gym is well equipped with an abundance of cardio-machines and several weight machines. Additionally they offer free weights and 3 pulley machines which simulate a resistance band work out. I had never seen these machines before, but I really enjoyed the workout that I got on them.

To wrap up this review I would be re missed if I did not mention the staff at the front desk and the concierge service. Elioud is the manager at the front desk who so graciously upgraded us to ensure that we had an amazing honeymoon. Edgar was the concierge who saw to every detail, down to having a bottle of Moet Chandon in the car when we were picked up from the airport, to arranging flights to Cozumel, and dives in both Cancun and Cozumel. He is amazing and can make any wish come true. Finally Fernando, who personally drove me and my husband back to the airport when the travel service which had delivered us on the 15th failed to show up on the 23rd to return us to the airport.

Your wish my wish is 100% percent reality in the hotel, and you would be crazy not to book your reservation today!

Room Tip: Try to negotiate for a suite at below the asking price. This hotel is more than willing to negotiat...
19 Thank karenjsmith1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We just returned from a four- night stay at Live Aqua, and honestly, cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay. It is a gorgeous hotel with impeccable service. The rooms offer plenty of space and spectacular views. We had 2 treatments at the spa which were both spectacular. Make sure you arrive an hour ahead of time to take advantage of all that the spa has to offer. We will definitely return to Live Aqua in the future!

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Annavolpt
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I love everything in the hotel... just sometimes many groups is a nasty, big groupes afre many many friends in a pacific environment, and I don't like that, I love the peace. Everything was fantastic. Our favorite is Julio in the Pool bar, his service was really friendly, honest, quick. He is the best.

Room Tip: the aroma therapy is really amazing
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends