Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Beach Palace(Cancun)
9,868 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I've traveled to many parts of the world, successfully avoiding Cancun for many years. I want to thank Live Aqua for changing my skeptic attitude!!!!!! Live Aqua is one of the best adult all-inclusive resorts I've experienced. The food was AMAZING, the service outstanding, and the facilities were so clean and appealing. We stayed in a suite and were able to reserve a cabana at the pool or the beach every single day. The location of Live Aqua is great as well. The La Isla shopping mall is right across the street. Downtown Cancun wasn't too far either - but we never wanted to venture from the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kristine_michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Clean and quiet hotel with pretty decent gourmet restaurants and a great pool!

Now, what do I mean by decent?

I’m a snob. I will own it, I declare it. After staying at the Royal in Cancun for our honeymoon, my husband and I decided we’ve been ruined forever. We traveled to other places, really lovely places, but nothing is quite as luxurious and perfect.

You now understand where I’m coming from. For the price Live Aqua is nice. Nothing more. The rooms are super clean, the location is great, the hotel has a feel of a spa. So if you’re goal is to relax in peace and quiet, do it. The gym is awesome.

The infinity pool is perfect as well. No blaring music or loud annoying volleyball games while you’re trying to read/sleep/talk.

What is NOT perfect is the service. The pool side staff is less than enthusiastic even if you tip them. They forget your order (this happened more than once). The buffet for lunch is mediocre at best. Breakfast is nice.

But again, remember, this is coming from a person who stayed at the “uber” resort and now expects that when she spends the money to stay in a nice place.

I would stay in Live Aqua again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, nice view but if you stay outside most of the time--a waste of money.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank denvertraveler06
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I NEVER write reviews but was so amazingly impressed with the service, facility, food and experience that I feel compelled to share.
From the moment my friend and I pulled up to the lobby, we were treated like princesses. Hand massages at check-in, aromatherapy menu in our room, top-shelf (all-inclusive) liquor, amazingly presented and fabulous tasting meals, bottles of champagne all day, delicious 24 hr room service, superb + clean infinity pool and beach, beautiful hotel macaws + trainer, sweet baby turtle release ceremony, daily yoga + tai chi classes, smallish but pretty spa. Even the operator line is re-named "YWMW - Your Wish My Wish". ...I could blab on forever.
All these amenities and offerings were wonderful + on point, but the key thing for me was the service. Every single Live Aqua employee I spoke to or simply walked by smiled + offered a pleasant greeting, always asking how our stay was going. Every one was truly dedicated to making you feel like royalty. This is the most welcome I have felt at any of the more than 8 all-inclusives i have visited in the Caribbean.
Special thanks to the two bartenders at on-site Egos bar, Alejandro at the pool bar (grape + lemon caipirinhas - capital YUM), Jorge guest relations manager, and especially Azur Chef Eric for treating us to a special veal shank dish (part of sales preso to VW reps).
Overall a superb experience. I started planning my return 2 days into my 4 day trip. Love Love Love Live Aqua.

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean Front w/ Terrace is perfect - high walls separate the neighboring terraces for privacy. Ocean Front suite had a bigger terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank MariaU908
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I have stayed as several all-inclusives in Mexico during the past ten years. Cancun is our favorite destination due to the beautiful water and beaches. On our last visit we stayed at The Royal Cancun and were a little concerned that the Live Aqua may not stack up but it did. Ultimately, we liked Live Aqua better than The Royal but both resorts have things that are better than the other. What we liked better about Live Aqua: the ocean and beach are much nicer; the pool area is significantly better appointed; the hall when you leave your room is enclosed and air conditioned; the music at the pool is not so loud that you can't relax (The Royal's music is crazy loud and obnoxious); you have internet access in an area with eight computers/printer provided. What The Royal has over the Live Aqua: nicer, larger, better appointed rooms all with a view; a fun, large, that over looks the pool/ocean with entertainment most nights; more restaurant choices; We were concerned that we may tire of the food with only three restaurant choices but we didn't -- we ate breakfast in Siete every day just before noon and it was always good, they could change up the menu a little more frequently but honestly you can get whatever you want and make it different every day. We had dinner at all three restaurants twice and ordered something different everytime and were never dissapointed. On our last night they had a beach party and that really topped things off for us -- they had a sea turtle release with hundreds of baby turtles for the guests to release and fire dancers, they evening temperature was perfect; the food was set up in three or fours stations offering hamburgers and beef kabobs, grilled seafood, chicken and pasta and lots of side dishes. The guests at this resort were really enjoyable, we met more nice people to visit with than any of our other experiences. We would definitely recommend this resort and will go back. Enjoy . . .

Room Tip: If you want an oceanview room, you should probably reserve it as the new management is not giving free upgrades. You'll still see the ocean with a gardenview room but from the side of the resort that is facing another resort or an empty lot that hasn't been built yet and the rooms are smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kmh1994
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I am so late with writing this review but better late than never I suppose. My boyfriend and I stayed at Live Aqua during the first week of February for six nights. I have stayed at several other all-inclusive resorts and this one BY FAR stands above the rest.

Check-In / Rooms:
We were warned by our driver on our shuttle to the hotel about the time share people at our resort. While checking in, we were greeted with a hand massage and never once was approached about a time share deal (it might be because we are younger, who knows). The lady checking us in said we had an ocean view deluxe room with two queen beds and when we asked for a room with a king bed instead there was no issue. The view from our room was beautiful especially given the fact that we didn’t have to pay anything extra for it. This is a great bonus about the resort; every room faces the ocean to some degree. The hotel as a whole is stunning and we especially enjoyed all of the little details about our room. The candy was a huge bonus.

Pools / Beach:
There were quite a few families there with kids but that didn’t bother us because there is a nice adult pool with a swim up bar that is secluded from the other pools. The beach is absolutely breathtaking. I have been to the Bahamas, Riviera Maya and Cabo San Lucas and this stretch of beach is by far the best. There were red flags everyday but that didn’t stop us from going in and enjoying the waves. There was at least some chance of rain in the forecast each day but we lucked out and didn’t get a single drop our entire stay! The weather does cool off quite a bit later in the day but each day after we were done by the pool we would jump into the jacuzzi before heading up to our room.

Staff / Service:
I noticed in some previous reviews that people were complaining about the service. This baffles my mind because we never had an issue with a lack of service by the pool, at the Egos bar, or at any of the restaurants. Everyone is different as far as what they expect on vacation but we aren’t the type of people who are going to gripe about waiting a few minutes to get waited on or going up to the bar and getting a drink ourselves. One thing that really impressed me was how happy the staff was to assist us with anything. The bartenders at the adult pool, the wait staff at all of the restaurants, the front desk, etc. were all unbelievably friendly. I have never been so impressed by a group of staff at a resort before.

Nightlife / Egos Bar:
We realized early on in the week that the night life was pretty non-existent. This wasn’t a huge issue for us because we prefer to party more during the day anyway. The Egos bar is only open until 11:00 p.m. during the week and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday there is a DJ and the bar stays open until 1:00 a.m. Don’t expect for the bar to be very rowdy or to do any dancing. It is more of a chill bar and the atmosphere is very classy. We enjoyed lounging on the beds located outside and having a few drinks. I liked the setting but wouldn’t have minded a bit livelier crowd.

Food / Drinks:
The food at ALL the restaurants was top notch. You couldn’t ask for anything more out of the breakfast buffet offered at Siete; there was a wide variety and the food was great. I thought the food on the pool menu was excellent and it might have been my favorite food overall at the entire resort. We ate at MB two out of the six nights and we both said our last meal there was the best we have had. With the $50 credit that we received, we each were able to get two small lobster tails added to our meals and it was fabulous! My boyfriend had the rib eye with lobster and I had the pasta carbonara with lobster. The menu is small but I definitely would have been able to find something I liked had we eaten there 5 or 6 nights. I can’t forget to mention the room service. It was very convenient a couple of nights for dinner after a long day at the pool and it was surprisingly very good. There is a wide variety of options on the menu so you will have no problem finding something you like. A lot of people are saying that Live Aqua needs more restaurants but I was very happy with the selection and wish we could have stayed longer to try more of the food! As far as drinks, everything was top shelf which was a huge bonus. They honestly had anything behind the bar that you could possibly want.

Spa / Yoga:
Since we had a $100 spa credit, we got a couple’s Swedish massage and only had to pay for one. Prior to the massage, we were able to go and enjoy the steam room, cold/warm pools and the sauna. The spa itself is the nicest one I have ever been to but I’m not a huge spa freak so I would have been satisfied regardless. One morning I took a yoga class and was extremely impressed by it. I have taken yoga before but never experienced a class like this. It lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes and she really pushed me. If you like yoga I highly recommend trying it at least one day. I’m not big into working out on vacation but I was curious about it and I’m glad I got to experience it.

If I had to think of something that could be improved upon it would probably be the nightlife but the resort is only 5 minutes away from all the popular bars. I also asked the concierge upon arrival for information about the resort as far as activities or anything like that and they didn’t provide us with anything.

Overall, our experience was extremely positive and this resort truly exceeded all of our expectations. Definitely a 5 star! Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the Packers won the Super Bowl the day after we got home. Icing on the cake! GO PACK GO! :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple