This is hands down the best beach resort I've stayed in. I've been to Aventura Spa Palace and Royal Playa del Carmen. We also have stayed at the Four Seasons, various Kimpton hotels and some pretty amazing hotels elsewhere. This place exceeded our expectations.
Check in: instead of waiting at the desk, you are ushered to a sofa, given a cold fruit infused tea, a hand massage and a cold towel. You do wait about 10-15 minutes but its nice to relax and then they bring everything over to you and check you right in. Very easy. You do wear a clear wrist band. Par for the course.
A bellman meets you at the room with your bags and ours (Abraham) gave us a quick tour of our suite (we were on the first floor in an Aqua King Suite-magnificent). While he was showing us our huge ocean front terrace, one of the 3 Rainbow Macaws that live there landed on the ledge. It was surreal. Then we were left to ooooh and ahhh over the room. The whole hotel, including the room, feels like a spa. Its all white, simple, clean lines. Very Zen. Lots of glass walls that overlook the pool and ocean. There are diffusers with scented oil everywhere (including your room) that make it smell yummy.
Rooms: Our suite was so wonderful, save for the bed but I'll get to that. It was 2 large rooms connected with a mostly cut out wall, very open, both of which had east facing glass walls with sliding doors opening up to our terrace. It was bright and airy, lovely, modern decor, VERY clean and I'm a stickler. The living room had 2 comfy couches, a flat screen, an Ipod dock, the scented oils, a stereo system, one cup coffee maker, fridge with beer, water, soda, candy, etc. No liquor was in the rooms, that was extra.
The bedroom was beautiful and the bathroom equally lovely. Bedroom had another TV and was opened right up into the bathroom which had the typical (but nicer) large whirlpool bathtup, dual sinks, a large shower and separate toilet area. Good products, bathrobes, slippers, flipflops to take home and a beach bag to use for the week. The only bad thing was the bed was literally like a mountain range. I felt like the princess and the pea. I could NOT sleep in it and my boyfriend slept on the couch a few nights. Painful.
The terrace had both a table and 4 chairs and also 2 lounge chairs which we used every afternoon when they were in the shade to read and nap. It overlooked the whole pool area and the ocean and was simply breathtaking. We ate room service out there multiple times and it was wonderful.
Food: Breakfast was great, the usual buffet, custom omeletes, TONS of fresh fruit, breakfast meats, cereal, mexican foods, oatmeal, make your own mimosas, etc. Very good, nothing groundbreaking. Lunch you could eat at the beach restaurant or the pool or room service. All three were excellent. We ate fresh ceviche daily-it was heavenly! Sandwiches, salads (pear, brie & spinach or panzenella were my favorites), fresh fish, fajitas, soup, buffet if you want. Little dessert bites. Dinner you could go to the fancier of the restaurants-for example you could get suckling pig, goat, filet, etc. It was good but we preferred Siete the less fancy of the two which is very traditional Mexican entrees, it has a new, well known chef and also the beach restaurant, again, very good. We ate really healthy the whole time but you could gorge yourself. The service at all restaurants was VERY good!
I particularly loved the coffee bar where they remembered me and my order daily. They have both soy milk and lactose free milk which is rare even here! Yummy lattes and treats.
Pool: we had a cabana that came with our suite (its $80/day if you don't) and also came with a daily foot massage. Can't beat that! If you just go out before noon, you can reserve one and there were always open one. There were also always open chairs with umbrellas or in the sun. They all had terry cloth covers on them and there were plenty of towels available even if you wanted 4 or 5.
There are a bunch of pools all different temperatures, they were lovely and the beach was lovely also. Great poolside service, very attentive and friendly. We did tip always because we feel its the right thing to do but I don't think you have to.
Spa: Again, lovely and clean. I had a massage where they stretch you and massage you and my massuse Ricardo was amazing! My boyfriend had the same massage and didn't get the stretching part which was disappointing. I've had a lot of massages and this was right up there.
Bars: This place had good liquor and wine. One night we wanted a Sauvignon Blanc and they didn't happen to have one so the server went out of the restaurant and got us a bottle at the bar and brought it back. I was so impressed! The liquor had names you know and they even had Frog's Leap in their wine cellar but not included.
We didn't really go there to party so I can't comment on the late night atmosphere but it was pretty quiet at night (good for us) although there's a club of some sort that was pretty nice looking.
Issues: we did once have our shower stop draning but they came immediately and fixed it and one of our bathrooms smelled a little odd and again, they came and fixed it right away. And the bed. I literally was more tired when I came back from vacation than when I arrived.
I highly recommend this place. I would go back in a heartbeat and if you're a stickler for cleanliness, good service, good food and drinks and luxury. If you can splurge for a suite with the terrace, do it! We did hotels.com and combined our flight with the room and got a very significant discount that made the room affordable to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsClick, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua