This trip included 3 couples who had all booked aqua suites. We arrived around 2:00pm and did the complimentary hand massage and iced tea while waiting to find out about our rooms. Couple #1 were told their suite was ready but the other two would have to wait 20 minutes, and two hours before their suites would be available. No problem - we went to check out couple 1's aqua suite and thought the room was amazing - just gorgeous. We proceeded to Azur for lunch and took time to relax and take it all in. The resort is beautiful in every way. After a leisurely lunch went back to the front desk to see about the next room. Found out they were upgrading us to a Fuego suite on the 8th floor........that works. The room was lovely with not one but two terraces (one with a total oceanfront view and the other on the side where you had a perfect view of the sunset). Now time for the 3rd couple and no aqua suite available for them (overbooked). This was just not acceptable. In the course of the day they were sent to three different types of rooms - none of them would compare to an aqua suite. After many conversations with the manager, front desk, etc. it was agreed that they would take what was available for the night and they would have an aqua suite whenever one opened up. Luckily it all got resolved the next day and they got their aqua suite and all was right with the world. It's difficult to stay mad or annoyed when you are in such beautiful surroundings.
We travel a lot and have been to many caribbean destinations and this by far was my favorite. Haven't always been a fan of all-inclusives but this one has definitely changed my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I still think about Aqua every day.
The food, the top shelf liquor, the service all 5 star in my book.
We ate twice and MB and twice at Azur - enjoyed both very much. We gave up our reservation one night for MB and decided to have a progressive dinner. Started out in our room (the Fuego suite) for cocktails and appetizers and saw the most beautiful sunset. Room service was great - we ordered bottles of vodka, rum, wine, chips & salsa & guacamole. They brought it up on a wheeled table all set up with nice glasses and everything we needed. From there we proceeded to the club level on the 5th floor for some lovely appetizers and shots of the best tequila!! We had lots of fun with Pablo and took some crazy pictures with him! We had done a tequila tasting the previous day and now knew which one was the best and even though I have never been one to do shots - it quickly became my drink of choice every night. We later found out that we had been drinking tequila that costs over $200 a bottle - no wonder it was so good....and no hangovers!!! Eventually we ended up in one of the aqua suites and ordered the best room service - filet mignons.........yummmm. I think this was my favorite night and favorite food.
Of course there was dessert involved - some had tiramisu and some creme brule - all equally good. We played games afterward and had a lot of laughs. Great memories.
We only ventured off on one day to go to Chichen Itza which we enjoyed very much - just tough to leave the beautiful beach for the day. Because we had the suites it included a cabana/ bed each day with a 20 minute foot massage. It doesn't get much better than that. The service on the beach was the best - most days we had Alan who did such a great job. He kept the drinks coming and lunch whenever we were ready for it.
Our package also included a credit for the spa so on our last full day there 5 out of 6 of us had some sort of massage or facial. It was pure heaven and we all felt fabulous after leaving. The spa is definitely worth trying - the whole facility is so lovely, from the sauna to the pools, hot tub and everyone who worked there so kind and respectful.
We also enjoyed seeing the beautiful parrots that live at the resort - they fly around the pool area during the day and are caged at night. They have the best of both worlds.
All in all one of my best vacations ever. If you book a suite be sure to take advantage of the 5th floor club lounge. We made it our nightly stop before going to dinner each night. Always great appetizers and drinks - very laid back - nice place to meet other people although it was pretty quiet on the nights we were there.
Also take advantage of the room service option. We did it every morning for breakfast and it was wonderful and the best way to start your day looking out at the beautiful aqua water. They would always tell us 35 minutes but it would be there in 20 minutes.
The best part was having friends to share it all with.......would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing vacation. The minute you walk into this resort you immediately feel relaxed and pampered. It was always interesting coming back to the room in the evenings. Always something different waiting by the bed - water fountain with soothing sounds, harmony chimes, zen garden and of course always the aromatherapy of your choice.
I have rambled on way too long but I just wanted to touch on all the wonderful things at this resort. Just wished we would have stayed longer than 7 night - went by way too fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua