“Hassle City”

$45.00*
Cancun City Sightseeing Tour from Riviera Maya
Ranked #43 of 158 things to do in Cancun
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Myself and another female visited 28 and were hassled the entire time we where there. Most of the vendors sell the same thing and will rip you off. I have been to Mexico several times and know the prices of vanilla, souvenirs, etc. and decided not to buy anything after being asked to pay $20 for vanilla. A lot of cat calling and we didn't feel safe at all. If you go take a man with you and bring pesos. If your looking for drugs you will be propositioned for that as well.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Careful when visiting the square 28. Is a place filled with many goodies to buy but a place that you can not trust. As tourist everybody wants bring you inside their space. They offer you double or triple prices on the goodies. Careful not neglect, because they change the goods that they teach you when you buy it. Be careful with the jewelries, what they offer are not real and there are no guarantees. After all it is not worth spending money on something you do not know if it's real. If you are going to buy something just buy bargain souvenirs and do not show money.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We enjoyed it just to get a flavour of walking round around there and ended up buying loads of hot sauces and other condiments in the Walmart near there.

But essentially it is a local place for bog standard souvenirs if that's you thing then go for it.

The food in the cafes looked lovely and the beer heavenly in the heat. But alas I couldn't eat there as the family have different tastes and my children are young.

I would recommend buying the coconut and other fruits sold round there on the pavement.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being born and raised in Cancun I have seen market 28 evolve through the years and today I can truly say I do not recommend it.

What will you find in market 28? Endless repetitive mexican souvenirs and pushy sales people screaming ¨Heeey amigo come into my store!¨... That´s it.

If you want souvenirs you can purchase them at Plaza La Fiesta Mexican Outlet for similar prices and without the bargaining. If you like bargaining, go ahead!

One great thing about market 28 is the most famous restaurant in it : El Cejas. El Cejas is a long standing tradition between people from Cancun for its incredible seafood and authentic caribbean ambiance. They always have marimba music and other folklorique things going on.

2  Thank CrisUrzua
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We ventured to the real deal, avoiding the ones closer to the downtown area, to find authentic Mexican craftsmanship. It's a bit of a distance from all the hotels but well worth the adventure. We were able to negoitiate all the stalls and vendors in about two hours. My daughter and I bought beautiful, well-made Mexican shirts for a fraction of the cost from the actual seamstress. Gorgeous hand embroidery and an amazing price. Same with the purses we chose. A great candy shop is also located there and we loaded up on wonderful sweets and Mexican Coca Cola. We had a blast and saved lots of money while meeting some truly genuine artists.