Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
$280
$176
Melia.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$542
$423
Priceline
9,079 results
All reviewssunset grillstayed at the gran caribe realil pescatorecaribe resortmaria's restaurantbig macreal resortlobby barhour snack barocean viewvip loungeentertainment staffmain poolpirate shipkids pooljunior suitetequila volleyball
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Spent 5 nights in June 2017 and was very impressed with the resort. Lots of great restaurants and being a vegetarian staff were very accommodating with specific ad-hoc meal requests. Great service from staff, who made us feel welcome at all times.
Only downside was the taxi service from the hotel, its expensive and taxi driver ripped us off. Uber all the way!!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Matias K, General Manager at Panama Jack Resorts Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Dear NNDR85,

Thank you sharing these kind words regarding your recent vacation at Gran Caribe Cancun. It was a pleasure to host you, and it is even bigger pleasure to read that we managed to exceed your expectations in all the aspects, from variety and quality of the food in our restaurants, to personalized service provided by our staff.

We will be readily waiting for your return.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I love everything about this place. Both times I've stayed here, I have upgraded my rooms and both times they have been AMAZING. They had a balcony and a fantastic beach view. The location is great. I was able to walk down to the night life area and felt safe doing it at night. The food in every restaurant and snack bar was great. The staff was super friendly at all times. Family friendly. Traveled with my 3 year old daughter. I highly recommend this hotel. Gran Caribe is my go to hotel when traveling to Cancun.

Room Tip: Upgrade. It is worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family

Dear MARIA P,

We were honored to host you, and are happy to read that you had an amazing stay. Thank you for your generous comments regarding the service we provide, our great location and the quality of food that we offer.

We are grateful for your recommendation, and will eagerly wait for your return.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

We have just returned from Gran Caribe and I cannot express enough how top notch the service is! My husband and I are avid travellers (before kids), and since my son who is 2.5 was diagnosed with severe food allergies to peanut, dairy, egg and sesame we haven't gone anywhere. I contacted the resort before we got there and they replied within a day reassuring me that allergies and dietary needs are taken very seriously. Each restaurant has a "head waiter" that was well informed of our son's allergies and took every precaution to make sure cross contamination did not happen. Our son's meals were prepared fresh to order (what we asked for) and were personally delivered to our table by the head chef who made them. Such a nice touch! A special thank-you to Angelica, Carmalina, Cruz, Fernando and Eder for their amazing service!! Our son even got freshly squeezed orange juice by request.

Additionally, the resort is immaculately clean. The maid service accommodated our needs to clean when requested so our children could nap when needed. The check-in was fast, easy and very welcoming. Our room was ready when we arrived with 2 cribs as requested so we didn't have to wait until 3pm. This was VERY much appreciated after a long day of travel so that our little ones could nap.

The food is excellent! (And I am a picky eater). There is so much variety to accommodate every palate. Food is fresh and presented beautifully.

If travelling with young ones, I would recommend asking for a room by the small pool which we found very convenient. My only suggestion would be to offer more shade. You had to get to the pool side early to get chairs with a roof. Perhaps adding more umbrellas would help improve this.

Even though our children were too young to enjoy the kid's club, we wanted to say thank-you to the staff that work there especially Anna, Gabriella, and Juana. Daily our son would get golf clubs and they learned his name and interacted with him in a friendly manner. They always invited us to evening events (every night at 7pm there is a show/activity of some sort to enjoy as a family).

The beach is gorgeous and very clean. The drink service is much appreciated too! Lots of variety in drinks and premium liquor. It was nice to have a drink delivered directly to you at the poolside.

Overall I cannot say enough about this resort! If you want a resort that goes above and beyond expectations, accommodates allergies, is extremely clean, offers excellent food, has a lovely beach and pool area then the Gran Caribe is the place for your family. I recommend without reservation and cannot wait until we return. Thank-you from room 2146!!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank christina229

Dear christina229,

We were honored to have you and your family as our guests during your recent stay, and are thrilled that we managed to exceed your expectations in all the aspects.

It is pleasing to learn that our associates went above and beyond to make sure this becomes a memorable vacation for you, and are thankful that you recognized their efforts. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the food options, cleanliness of the resort and our kids club service.

Thank you for you recommendation, we will be privileged to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

This was my first all-inclusive trip so I have nothing to compare it to. All I know is that I never wanted to leave. The beach on this part of Cancun is amazing!! The sand is smooth due to the resort combing it every morning and the water is speechless. I am also a neat freak and this place was SPOTLESS! I enjoyed the food very much. Every restaurant was great and had beautiful food plating and I highly recommend the beef rib at Maria's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also noticed they did not have margarita machines.. Every drink was concocted and blended to order!! The staff here was on another level with their kindness, genuinity, and commitment. Most of the staff remembered me while I was there and everyone says Hola! Cesar and Marciel were very nice and helpful (especially when I misplaced an item that was fully recovered) and are so hard-working. The entertainment group at this resort is also amazing. They are very funny and like to have one-on-one conversations with guests, which is different. My brother had his wedding here and everything was flawless! They are very accommodating with any changes and the bride was so happy and stress-free the entire time! Thelma works at the spa and did my hair for the event. I am convinced she is an alien because she did my hair exactly how I wanted by showing her a picture of what I did not want and about 100 more that I actually did like. I am very indecisive and what she produced was exactly what I wanted, without me even knowing! Thelma is fantastic! Think of every positive adjective and it can describe anything and everything at this resort. I had the best time and even though I am supposed to experience new things and other resorts, so long is Gran Caribe is up and running, I will only ever stay here!!! I'll see you soon!!!

Room Tip: Beach view rooms are the way to go! It has more privacy from the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Rhyz B
Matias K, General Manager at Panama Jack Resorts Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Dear Rhyz B,

Thank you for being our guest. It is very reassuring to read that you had an fantastic stay enjoying all that Gran Caribe Cancun has to offer, like delicious food and amazing beach.

We are all committed to provide our guests with the excellent service, and your review is reassuring us that we are doing it right. Thank you for recognizing all the effort that is being put in to make sure our guests feel have an memorable experience. Rest assured that Cesar, Marciel and Thelma will be notified about your positive comments.

We are delighted to read that we will have the honor to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Just back from 7 days at Gran Caribe. Overall, we had a lovely time, but it was a bit more "work" than we would have liked, or expected, in an all-inclusive resort.

Minuses first:
- We were told that we should sit down with a greeter after check-in who would show us around, and give us our welcome gift. We were warned by another guest that this orientation was actually a time-share pitch, so we declined. No gift, but we saved some precious time.

- Broken A/C in our room on check-in that was emitting a moldy odor. Maintenance man said he would come fix it, but didn't. Second maintenance man simply wiped away condensation from the vents, ducts, walls and ceilings, but didn't actually touch the A/C mechanisms. Spent two uncomfortable nights before amazing Hezus at the front desk got the A/C completely fixed, all damp linens replaced, and (somehow) the room smelling very fresh and clean.

- No water sports available. Most all-incs we have visited have on-site water sports as part of the package (wind-surfing, sea kayaks, glass-bottom boats, snorkeling, etc.). Not Gran Caribe. (Tip: if you want to go on Waverunners, the resort desk can set you up with a place about a half mile away for US$59. Better off paying US$70 to the guy just a dozen yards from the property. Saves you time and hassle.)

- No swim-up pool bar. Sure, this is a family resort, but other family resorts (I'm looking at you, Beaches) have them. The pool staff is great, and will bring you what you want, but a swim-up would be a big bonus even if all you want is non-alcoholic refreshment.

- Wristbands. Apparently, "all-inclusive" is a vague term. We saw at least five different types of wristbands being worn, with each wristband meaning a different form of all-inclusive. This meant that some friends we made couldn't accompany us to the 24 Hour VIP Lounge because they had yellow, not black, wristbands. An all-inclusive should be just that - any guest can go anywhere on property. The wristbands were both annoying to wear, divisive, and impeded our ability to socialize as we wanted.

- NO LOBSTER INCLUDED! Have never been to an all-inclusive where we were asked to pay for lobster (or any other food) with dinner.

- In the two outdoor restaurants, you'll often see birds fly in, grab food off the buffet, a waiter's tray, or an unattended plate on a table. It's nice to eat outdoors, but this was unsanitary. We made sure to only eat food here that was freshly cooked.

- No nightlife. No nightclub. The lobby bar, beach bar and pool bar all close by 10:30 pm (maybe 11). There's a 24 Hour VIP Lounge with a bar, but you have to have a black wristband to enter, and even the only pool table on the property in there closes at 10 (the sound apparently disturbs guests in adjoining rooms). If you want something to do late at night, you can stock up on drinks at last call, and sit on the unlit pool patio, and chat with people. Never been to an all-inc (even a family all-inc) where there wasn't life and activity until the wee hours.

Now the positives:
+ on check-in, we were offered a room upgrade. We don't normally take advantage of such offers, but the room offered looked lovely. It had a wrap-around balcony, with a hammock and deck chairs, as well as a great ocean view. Definitely worth the extra expense.

+ the resort itself is lovely. The public areas are clean and well-kept.

+ you will meet people from all around the world. We met people from half a dozen South American countries, Europe, Mexico, as well as the U.S.A. It pays to get involved in the activities like volleyball, water polo, pool olympics, pool exercises, etc. to meet people.

+ the restaurants are wonderful. (I'll likely review them individually.)

+ the pools and beach are clean, and active from dawn until dinner. This time of year, sea turtles come ashore at night to bury their eggs, and naturalists will show you where they are, and how to protect their eggs. (We didn't really spend time at the kids' areas, but the kids' pool, mini-golf course, and water park all looked very nice.)

+ the staff is amazing. Kudos to the entertainment team of Sara, Roger, Jose, Daniel, Steph and Fabio (fun and caring people who really got to know us), as well as Claudia in Albatros (best Huevos Rancheros EVAH!), Angel in Il Pescatore, Felipe in the VIP Lounge, Hezus and Fabia at the front desk, and Carlos at the entrance (who did wonderful work tracking down our missing shuttle ride to the airport). They all made our stay very enjoyable.

+ General note about Gran Caribe, Cancun and water. We drank plenty of water. Used plenty of ice. Not a single digestive complaint.

+ Other general note: have dinner across the street at Limoncello's. Great Italian food, but with the added bonus of seeing 8- and 10-foot long crocodiles swimming along below the restaurant's patio. Very exciting for kids of all ages.

Would we return? Probably, but there are still some steps Gran Caribe needs to take to make this truly "All-Inclusive".

Room Tip: Try for an ocean-view or pool view on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank SeanFodera

Dear SeanFodera,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent stay, and for sharing this detailed review with us.

Let me start with offering you my sincerest apology for not exceeding your expectations during your visit. The A/C issue you mention has been brought to attention of our Engineering and Maintenance Director, who is working with his team to avoid similar experiences. I am sorry to read that you had some inconveniences with our concept of All-Inclusive - as a resort with this concept, we offer our guest everything needed for their enjoyment, with some additional products that might be offered at a price, again, to offer choices.

I am however, very glad that you noticed that our hotel is very well kept and clean, and that you liked the restaurants and the service our staff provieded you throughout the resort.

It would be a honor to welcome you back and make it a 5 star vacation.