Panama Jack Resorts Cancun
$236
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$352
$508
$405
8,855 results
All reviewssunset grillil pescatoremaria's restaurantbig macreal resortlobby barhour snack barocean viewvip loungeentertainment staffpirate shipmain poolkids pooltequila volleyballjunior suitean upgradekids club
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just back from Summer Break Cancun, May 2014. I have been flying south to Cancun, Mexico for over 10 years! I have stayed at several of the hotels, on all-inclusive & European packages! The Gran Caribe Real & Spa has been my favorite of all! The hotel is immaculate! Always is, but it is the daytime entertainment that separates the Gran Caribe Real from the others. Night time entertainment in Cancun is not hard to find, it is EVERYWHERE!! But the Sports & Entertainment team at the Gran Caribe Real kick-butt at providing guests entertainment during the day! We saw Andii everyday, everywhere, doing everything with the team! From a varied version of Darts in the lobby bar to pool volleyball! She provided us a way to communicate with her directly in the eve, so we knew what VIP club packages the Gran Caribe offered & where to go! Andii was phenomenal! The entire team was awesome! I train daily, and the Mexicana in the gym even stopped by a GNC & picked me up a few bottles of Muscle Milk protein drinks, unbelievable!! (of course I had to pay her back, but the gesture was incredible). People will always find something to complain about, no matter big or minute, but I have absolutely not one complaint about this hotel! And the location is very close to the markets, restaurants & clubs (a/b a 15-20 minute walk). Great job Gran Caribe Real & Spa, see all of ya' again in a couple of months!!

Room Tip: A suite or room in the villa section of the hotel right off the beach. Ask for one at check-in. Although they run a little higher per night. That's if you do not mind staying in the main building, which is more like a standard hotel structure.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DJJStrong
Antonio M, Director General at Panama Jack Resorts Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear DJJStrong On behalf of Garn Caribe Real staff and myself, we appreciate the time you took to share with us your positive review! We are very glad to know that you had an exceptional stay with us and found everything from the rooms to the service to be fantastic!

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Returned from Gran Caribe Real Cancun two weeks ago, from housekeeping to chefs can not fault a thing. Food absolutely amazing no matter where you dine. Lobby bar staff were fantastic, in fact would need to name everyone who works there to say thanks for making our holiday amazing. The Hotel clearly have invested in all the staff, service fab and nothing was too much trouble. Lovely genuine people. Want to go back, will certainly return to this Hotel

Room Tip: We had a Junior suit Ocean View, would recommend this
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jacqueline S Gracias for this good review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Gran Caribe Real.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here from 4-28 thru 4-30 prior to staying eight days at a sister property in Playa del Carmen. We had not been in Cancun in several years, wanted to sample it again and figured the Real chain was the way to do it. We normally enjoy a relaxed couples type atmosphere and that is not what the Gran Caribe is about. If I had been a little more diligent in my research I might have chosen a different property. It was my error not picking the right hotel for us.
With that being said - this hotel does a fantastic job for its guests. The food was good, rooms sparkle, staff is more than friendly and the service is great. We couldn't help notice what a great job they do with kids. Adults were able to relax and enjoy; while nearby the hotel staff had kids fully engaged in numerous activities. (their pirate ship/water park area is a must for kids and kids at heart)
We took all of our meals at the main buffet - Albatros, and enjoyed the experience greatly. Kudos and thank-you's to our servers and hostess Jaime, Fili, Lili and Abel.
If you have family with kids - this property should be high on your list due to the Real's culture of great service, value and the ability for adults to truly relax while children are creating lasting memories.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cascobay_10

Dear cascobay_10 Gracias for taking part of your valuable time to share with us your experience,

We are very happy to know that you had a fabulous vacation with us

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food hotel staff for the hotel was absolutely amazing. Wedding planning services are a nightmare. My event planner was no where to be found an hour before my wedding. They gave my groom the wrong boutonnière for my first look photos. The table cloths were wrong that I had ordered months before and paid $300 to rent. They we're corrected at the expense of my event planner not making sure I got down the aisle, rather she left me in a stair well, tried to have me walk into the wrong song and went running up the stairs to get to the rooftop to fix them. This is after she gave me a hard time about my music selections having to be approved by the priest which they were months in advance. She waited till I was stuck inside to harass my cousin to hear the songs for a second pre approval. My gown was never unbustled for my walk down the aisle, I almost fell on my veil.The priest you could barely understand the audio cut out twice with a high pitch noise and he insisted my readers were not allowed to walk in with us. Nor did he allow the responsorial psalm I sent months in advance for approval to be read, he skipped my cousin reading it all together and told my second reader to read it. My ceremony was ruined by the two hotel photographers who were specifically told to not be there. When I told my event planner get them out, my matron of honor missed my vows trying to find Diana my event planner. The hotel photographers then continued recording outside the chapel through the glass. They gave me a picture frame as a gift that the picture is seriously black that's how horrible the hotel photographer is. I'm an event planner in New York, I was blessed that my brother went downstairs and set up my place cards and all the accessories. At the reception I went into the bathroom to freshen up and the outlet was completely broken. My photos for the second half of the night my hair looked horrible, I spent 20 mins in the bathroom that Diana didn't even bother to tell me we were off schedule for my grand entrance. I coordinated my own grand entrance. The DJ was fantastic only complaint I have is they played two songs that I never requested one of which had curses in front of the five children I had present. I specifically asked months in advance if it had to be dark to see the photo montages I created. They lied told me no problem with the schedule I sent in advance but I had a good hour of time wasted waiting for our first dance. I was told the whole planning process not to worry they would take care of everything and they dropped the ball big time. I wasn't given my event planners contact information till 2 weeks prior before that I spoke to a liaison who never sent half the information I spent months planning. I can't understand why I paid for planning services to have everything go so wrong. And pre warning brides everything is extra fees if you want a welcome dinner for your guests they charge you which is absolutely ridiculous it's an all inclusive resort they have to feed everyone anyway. The day after my wedding I was told the event planner would pack up and bring me my bag the next morning. An hour before my flight after three phone calls is when I finally got my bag. I was so annoyed that I went to view my pictures in the private snack lounge. Diana called my room twice to tell me she was headed up, two of my relatives told her I was busy to just drop of the bag, after I told her this as well. She still came into the snack bar to give me my bag but honestly was standing around for a tip that normally I would give, however her services were wretched and I refused to give them anymore money $10,000 everything should've gone a hell of a lot smoother than it did with an entire year of communication and planning. It was so unacceptable, I can never relive my ceremony and instead of thinking this is the day I waited for, for 8 years insets I was trying to force a smile to not ruin all of my pictures.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Bethanyzurheide

Dear Bethanyzurheide Thank you for your brief yet encouraging review about your past stay.
Our associates strive to provide excellence in service and we are proud to read we were able to meet your expectations throughout your visit at Gran Caribe Real.

Please be assured that the concerns you mentioned have already been addressed to the Wedding manager .

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at Gran Caribe Real. It is now our official hotel when we go to Cancun. Chef Ramiro Flores is AMAZING on how he treats guests! He is for certain the reason on why we continue to visit as well as the wait staff in the Buffet Restaurants, Jesus Hurtado, and Hostess Jessica. Felix our waiter at the buffet are is extraordinary and takes great pride in his job. The hotel is very clean and offers outstanding options to your stay. We will for certain be going back year after year to Gran Caribe!

The beach is the amazing! Always clean, well set up by hotel staff.

Room Tip: The Beach view is definately worth the upgrade, it has an amazing location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear L Jasso Thank you for recognizing several of our staff members, we will make sure to pass on your motivating words to them!

Once again, thank you for your appreciated feedback and we look forward to hosting you again very soon!