“Can't wait to go back”

Ranked #29 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Utica, New York, United States
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for 8 days/7nights. The service at the Gran Caribe Real was beyond our expectations. Each and every employee was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was immaculately clean and the resort itself was very well-maintained. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom in the suite was very spacious. There are several restaurants to choose from and each one had delicious food. We ate at each restaurant and did not have a complaint about any of them, however Il Pescatore and Maria's were our "hands-down" favorites. The entertainment offered was excellent. Spa services were wonderful. Great beach and pool areas. I can't think of a bad thing to say about this resort. We will definitely be returning. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Cancun.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jillian Z
NicolasV547, General Manager at Gran caribe resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Muchas Gracias for your comments it`s refreshing to know that we are doing our job I will pass it on to my colegues, hope to see you again and best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,424)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lowell, Indiana
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was nice. The hotel they took us to next door (The Royal), which they also owed, was amazing. I would like to recommend the massages on the beach. I had Elena, and she was very good. I would ask for her again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank diane3626
Hi, Elena will be trilled to hear about your comments, thank you very much !
Calgary
Reviewed September 30, 2012

There is so much to say about this hotel and its ENTIRE staff!! Everyone from Cesar & Cindy (entertainment) to Larissa and Oliver (restaurants) to Norma (bar) and everyone else that I am so sorry that I forgot your names when I got home! The rooms were great. We chose to stay on the ground floor right outside Oki Splash. Great decision! We were travelling with our 19 year old and our 9 year old. Neither one ever felt like they were bored! The pool staff at the main pool kept everyone entertained for hours every day. The only downside? They made the time fly by too quickly!!! I have been to Cancun several times, but it was only the second time for my family. The staff have different shows every night, and most are great! Like every show, there will always be nights when something doesn't go quite right, but the performers would adapt and kept the show going no matter what! The kids shows during the day were lots of fun as well! The food choices are great. The only complaint? The 24 hour snack area needs more seating and more food choices. The bartenders were awesome and the drinks were great. The waitresses kept up very well, including being able to track you down in the pool and serving you poolside! When it came time for the evening activities, on the first night, I asked the front desk about staff trips to outside nightclubs. They sent one of their staff over, Cesar, to meet with my 19 year old and my hubby and explained how they would take the group to a nightclub and make sure they get in safely. Cesar made it a point of making sure hubby was not going to stroke out over his blonde daughter clubbing in Cancun without parental supervision. Hubby was nervous, as was my daughter, but we received a text about 15 minutes after the group left, saying "OMG!!! THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE!! I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!!" She had a great time, got lots of videos to show her Canadian friends, and she enjoyed her vacation as did we!! We will definitely be back again!! We all made friends from different countries on the trip and they too say they will be returning!

3 Thank CalgaryTravellingMom
Matias K, Director General at Gran caribe resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2015
First of all thank you very much for writing this detailed review about your stay at Gran Caribe Cancun! We thank you for staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Gran Caribe for 2 weeks and was the best holiday we ever had! All the way through all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent food at the resturants with plenty of choice. The entertainment team through the day were brilliant such as Dana,Mario,Ceaser,Danny and Cindy. The maid service was excellent, came in everyday and also evenings to turn our beds back. Altogether it was a fantastic holiday and would recomend it to anyone. Also the location was perfect with the town within walking distance and in the other direction the La Isla shopping mall! We enjoyed our holiday so much that we will be going back next year!

1 Thank Julia M
Thank you very much for your kind comments it is refreshing to know that we met your expectations I will pass them on to Dana, Mario, Cesar, Danny and Cindy they will love to hear that made you happy,
Best regards and hope to have you here again soon
Thamesford
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have been to this resort twice and we absolutely loved it. We went in November and returned in April. To be honest, November is the best time to go since there are fewer young people compared to the March break vacationers in April. I think this can be the case at most resorts if they are not adult only.
We prefer the smaller resorts such as the Gran Caribe because the service is more personal and you get to know the staff and the travelers much quicker.
The food was wonderful, the staff was excellent and the entertainment team was outstanding.

Room Tip: We did several excursions. We got certified for scuba diving which was well worth the money. We also...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Great to read your comments we are doing our best to please everyone and hope you can make it again and stop by to say hi.
Best Regards
Cancun
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was one of the best places I had stayed in Cancun and Riviera Maya, the service was exceptional, lots of options for meals and drinks and 24hrs service. From the moment you step into the hotel you have someone to fill your needs. Great beach area and activities for everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mau-Cancun
Thank you for your brief yet encouraging review about your past stay.

Our associates strive to provide excellence in service and we are proud to read we were able to meet your expectations throughout your visit at Gran Caribe Cancun.

Once more, thank you and we hope to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights/5 days in August and it was just what I expected... a nice relaxing vacation. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and all I had on my agenda was R&R. Upon check-in we were offered an alcoholic beverage (I declined, of course) and cold wash clothes! We ate at all of the restaurants except Maria's. The food was above average. What I enjoyed the most were the cabanas on the beach and the waiter service. I lounged on the beach for hours, slept and read and the waiter kept the bottled water and drinks coming. When it was lunch time, I went to the outdoor poolside buffet. The sushi bar was good as well. For dinner we ate at Albatros... delicious. After a few days of eating mostly Mexican food we requested hamburgers and fries and the waiter ordered that for us even though it wasn't on the menu. Our room was an Oceanview junior suite right above the pool and every day they had a pool party. It was hard to lay down and take a nap during this time of the day from all of the commotion going on outside (loud music and cheering). The room was very nice and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was the nicest part in my opinion. The staff was great but the timeshare sales people were annoying! They would call our room several times a day... eventually I just took the phone off of the hook and left it off for the rest of the vacation. The beach was wonderful... clean, white sand and the ocean was beautiful and blue. I had a 1 hour prenatal massage in the Spa Real and it was heavenly! Overall, I enjoyed my trip and will return again.

1 Thank Apryl J
Great review!!

Hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again in the near future.

Best regards