“Go elsewhere. Rude staff sketchy club”

The City Discotheque
The City VIP Night Out in Cancun
Ranked #4 of 55 Nightlife in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It is the biggest club in Latin America, great possibilities to do everything you ever wanted.There's no other place like The City Nightclub. Its particular world class and fun atmosphere make it the perfect location for the Party Addicts.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

For 'Latin America's largest club' the service here was appalling. We decided to purchase cover only for this club as a girlfriend and I had an all inclusive and decided to pre drink at the hotel to save the extra $20 for open bar. When we were given a drink from one friend who had brought a table a security guard pounced on us within a minute and told us that we were to pay $50 USD or to leave immediately. After negotiating for a couple of minutes we mentioned how it was never mentioned that we couldn't accept drinks and that literally we hadn't even taken a sip of the drink yet however he said that because we had even 'touched' the drink without the open bar bracelet that we had to pay or leave. I thought fair enough, whatever we will leave.

Here comes the sketchy part. Instead of letting us out of a normal exit, they led us through a tiny small alleyway to a 'secret exit' when we questioned this, they said that they didn't want to let us out of a normal exit. The security guard muttered something into his microphone and then another security guard appeared behind my girlfriend & I making it impossible blocking the view to the club. Basically we were trapped between these two security guards who insisted we should exit 'the back way'.......

You can see how as two girls we felt extremely uncomfortable about this. Of course it did end up leading to a different exit and we weren't harmed but I felt it was unnecessary to put us in such a situation to make us feel unsafe. This was honestly the only time I felt unsafe in Mexico. We showed no signs of resistance so I don't know why they had to take such a drastic measure. Would not return and would not recommend anyone go to this club.

2  Thank melain L
in 9 reviews
"stadium"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was more like a bunch of people standing around for 2-3 hours with bad music and not much else going on to get pretty much a drop or two of paint on you. If someone else asks me to go to a paint party again I think I will pass. Paint party night aside I dont think I would ever go to THE CITY again.

1  Thank jblackwell1122
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first club experience ever and it couldn't have been a better one. The staff was amazing. I went with my resort and was in the VIP area. The DJ was awesome and everyone on the floor was awesome. If someone fell everyone helped them up. I would not hesitate to return to this club. I have never had so much fun in my life.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my first time visiting Cancun and I spent two nights here. The shows were AMAZING! drinks were delicious as well. However, I did lose my camera while at the club. Could have been misplaced, or taken. Never the less, it was an awesome time! BUT i wouldn't recommend taking anything of any value there (especially all of your vacation photos) :(

1  Thank Rebecca M