This hotel was a good value for the money spent. Overall, the hotel was well kept and clean.If we go back to Cancun,we'd definitly stay here again. Here is the breakdown:
The hotel was in a great location & the water was crystal clear. There was room to lay out on the beach or pool. The pool activities kept most entertained with guessing games,volleyball,beer drinking contest and much more. The swim up bar is convient,with a menu of frozen specialty drinks. I personally don't think any of the drinks were watered down. All staff was willing to accomadate our needs or requests. We tipped the house keeping staff a few $ w/a note requesting extra Solin our mini fridge. They gave us extra Sol & then some. Thankfully the room tv had a variety of spanish & english channels,including ESPN.
The nightly entertainment in the lobby bar was ok. Each night they had a singer that would play cover songs. The magic show & the Saturday Night Fever show were a blast. The magic show was professional & the kids loved it. The food at Marco Polo was the best & the Deli food was the worst. There was always something I could find suitable. Room service is also included.Our room faced the lagoon side,which I thought had a great view of the street & lagoon.
The only nuisance was the thin walls between the actual rooms. I'm told if you get a room w/o an ajoining wall, it's better. The beds were somewhat hard.
Isla Mujeres is a great place to visit,my husband & I had a blast.
take your own insulated cup,it keeps your drink cold and it saves trips to the bar.
If using the public bus,take a map of the hotels & their locations. It will help guide you as to when to jump off the bus. The bus drivers don't always stop exactly where you ask unless you tell them this is your stop. Most shops don't open until 10-11am,definitly take a watch to keep track of time.
If you book a tour, ask hotel staff the day you leave if all the info and company location is correct. We had the wrong info & almost missed our tour because we were late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun