Had a great time there. My girlfriend and I thought the food was great! Anyone who complains about the food are either uptight or just plain snobbish. We by no means travel in luxury and loved every minute.
If I had to critique anything, I wish the water pressure in the shower was a little stronger, but hey, if thats all I got, then it's not bad. I heard some people didn't have water at all a month before us, so I was a little worried, but to be honest, it wouldn't have mattered. Sometimes vactions are what you make of it. If you're complaining about something constantly, then obviously you're going to be miserable. If the water doesn't work, go sit at the beach and relax . . . who cares!! YOU'RE IN CANCUN!!. If the food is bad, the hotel has PLENTY of options to accomidate you. . . and go into town and get something if it not "upscale" enough for you. . . it rained 2 out of the 4 days, but still couldn't dampen our mood or time . . .hotel was GREAT!!!
The nite life at the hotel didn't offer much, just a karaoke/music couple singing in the main bar/lobby . . . but that was by our choice. The hotel does offer a package where every night they go to a different club. $35 include ride to and from club, all you can drink at the club, VIP so no waiting in the line. We would have went, but were just too tired from ALL the day activities.
We said we'd like to go someplace new every year to experience more, but now I'm scared that nothing else will live up to this experience at this price. So we may just go back every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun