I just got back 2 days ago and loved the hotel, food, entertainment and workers. I went with my 2 younger children(3 and 5) and my 63 year old mother. We all had a great experience at this new resort. My only regret was that my husband and 10 year old could not have joined us. I can't believe some of the terrible reviews. I've been to several all incl. and this one by far had the best food ( and I'm not a big mexican food lover ). Lots of variety all in one week. They even brought in Japenese chefs for one evening and boy did we enjoy the sushi. The surf and turf was perfect. The entertainment team was alot of fun especially Caesar, Milenna, and Chucho... The kids club was great - you have to LOVE Cecilia- she loves the children and pleases their every need- it's really in her heart to be with the kids - thanks Cecilia...
The live band (2 person) in the lobby bar are FABULOUS - Silvana and I don't knoe his name were incredible. Everyone is open to the children dancing and playing just having fun. For the young and young at heart who like to go clubbing well the bus would take you to a different club each night, it would leave at 11pm- it sounded like fun. If there is any down fall it was the beach area. Unfortunately it was shallow in depth - not alot of sandy area. There was still room to lounge but big waves would come in at take you and your belongings down. If you have young children - bring your their life jackets just so you can relax. Being a cautious Canadian - I had the 30 sun block and the life jackets. The pools are great for all ages ( all 3 of them). If your going to stay in Cancun do not hesitate to choose this lovely hotel. Apparently the beaches in the Mayan are a little deeper and at times calmer. From what I've learned Cancun is usually windy, oh and rainy season is late Aug- Oct. They say it's cold in December - that is if you consider 27 C cold - I don't...Have a great time and say hi to the crew. Oh one more thing, I was impressed with everyones effort to speak english, front desk and all. Mackenzie ( ent.team) is from Trail B.C. and very nice.
Have a Margarietta for me... ME from Edmonton, Ab - C A N A D A
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun