My fiance and I decided that we needed a break from grad school and decided Cancun would be a cheaper way to get a tropical vacation. We ended up with the GR Solaris by chance as Expedia was having a limited time sale, and it would have been out of our price range otherwise. There is literally not one bad thing I can say about this place.
First, book transporatation to the hotel. There will be a ton of people bombarding you, and this will be much easier.
The hotel is amazing. Beautiful property, the pool is clean, and warm, and the swim up bar is very convenient. The rooms were also kept very clean by the maids, and very tasteful. The fridge is kept stocked, and it may have been because it was the off season, but our room was pretty quiet. The beach is still a little wrecked from the hurricane a few years back, but it does the job. And the ocean is warm enough to swim in in December!
The food was pretty good. Much of the same every night, but there is a big enough selection that you can try new things every night, including desserts. Make sure you eat at Marco Polo's and dinner before the shows they have every night (which are pretty cool). These also offer some good choices.
The staff is friendly and very helpful. The bartenders and waiters were great. couldn't have asked for more. They all speak English so there is no language barrier. Also, we were never approached about the time share, possibly because we are a young couple, but we were happy about it.
The surrounding area is also very clean and safe contrary to what I thought. If going down to the shops, clubs, restaurants etc. use the public bus. It is clean, safe, and cheap. If you want to go to any clubs, I highly recommend Coco Bongo's. They put on shows and the atmosphere is great. If you go to the flea markets, the vendors can be a hassel, but you can bargain them down pretty low if you try hard enough. Otherwise the souvenirs are ridiculously overpriced.
If going on a day excursion I highly recommend the day trip to ISLA MUJERES. You have several options including snorkeling and visitng a turtle sanctuary. Food and drinks are also included. You will visit an island with the calmest, clearest, whitest beaches I have ever seen! Again, everyone there is very friendly and fun.
I highly recommend this hotel for couples, familes, really anyone. The area was also great and we will definately be going back and staying at GR Solaris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun