Just had a wonderful family vacation at the solaris. Some positive and negative thoughts on the resort. Checkin was quick but room wasn't ready at noon. When my toddler started getting fussy for a nap n I went to front desk to ask if anything was available at 230pm. I got a look at the watch, half an eye roll then a auto response of it is not 3pm. Finally got a room and it is right in front of the elevator. After waiting another 20mins, they tell us they have nothing available for another hour. Kid had to sleep, we kept the room.
The room was spacious. We requested a crib and it showed up with cute Mickey blanket n bumpers. Loved that. Bed is super hard but big. We paid $14/day per device for wifi that only worked on one side of the room. Fridge was stocked with water soda n some cheap beer daily.
Food was great. It was resort food for sure but there were some delicious dishes also that was above what I expected. Service in the dining area was excellent. We met a waiter named Gilberto the first day and he MADE the trip worth reviewing. He is always smiling and just looking to make sure you are having a fun time. He really seemed like he enjoyed his job and I noticed how much everyone at the other tables loved him also. Gilberto is truly awesome.
The only thing in dining I didn't like was there was always a line to eat. All these restaurants but they were never open all at once. Marco Polo is the only a la carte restaurant and I was pleased they still accommodated us even though I messed up the reservation time. Food was ok. A bit above average but much better ambiance than a buffet.
Entertainment at pool was good. The pool itself was perfect for my toddler to enjoy so we stayed mostly there.
Beach was beautiful but needs to be cleaned. Branches that were coming up shore were just being left so unless u swam to where you can't touch the bottom, you were getting scratched up.
Entertainment at night was good. Loved the magic show and generations show.
Checking out was a challenge. Waited 20mins the night before to get everything settled and when we asked for dollars back the man rudely said we need to find the change ourselves if we didn't want pesos. So in all everything was great except the rude and jaded front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun