My son (13) and I just returned....June 8-15th. We arrived to a short wait on our room availability (approx. 1 hour). Room was clean and kept that way by our outstanding cleaning person...Ramona (thank you!). Our fridge was always well stocked...even after I asked for the pop to be removed and replaced with water.
We enjoyed the pools and the entertainment. I think the pool wait staff (Odelly, Mary and Betty) were awesome. They work hard all day, everyday. I never had to leave the pool or my chair for beverages....so relaxing!!
Food was available and choices (if you're willing to try new things) are bountiful.
My favorite was breakfast in the 'cafeteria' .....this is where service comes with BIG smiles and outstanding service. Thank you to: Cen and Gilberto. We also visited Marco Polo (reservation required and appropriate dress attire) where we were treated like ROCKSTARS!!! Vermon was exceptional in his attentiveness and delivery. Serving a 'fancy' dinner to a 13 year old is no easy task and he nailed it! Made my son feel special and for that I am ever grateful.
Shows in the evening were good -- especially Saturday night ...Michael Jackson impersonator.
Overall.....I would go back and my son never ran out of things to do...even with just the two of us going.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun