Hello Travelers! For you that are a bit leery about chosing this resort, fret no more! I've been to the Cancun/Rivera Maya area annually since spring of 2006, and the last 3 years we have chosen the GR Solaris Resort.
I travel with my family which includes 2 kids ages 11 and 9, and they love it!!! There's something for everyone here! My favorite place during the day is to get a cool spot at the activity pool where the entertainment staff will engage in games all day, whether it be a silly beer drinking contest or a cool bingo game for everyone. My kids favorite part of course is the mini club, where as soon as they have breakfast are begging to go and partake in whatever fun activity Ani and Karin have set up for the day! Ani and Karin run the kids club and have become favorites for my kids, (well, myself included). :) We end up coming home with the kids hand made pinatas, frames and other hand crafted souvenirs!
Another favorite of mine is the breakfast buffet! HEAVEN! Made to order omellette bar, and of course endless mimosas to start off my day! Reservations for Marco Polo is also a must!
As stated in a previous review, the lobby bar is great to hang out if you have kids and cannot go to the clubs. Always fun and the kids enjoy being part of it. Another must do are the themed nightly shows - my kids loved them! Very family oriented. The entertainment staff definitely does their job in "entertaining!"
The hotel and lobby are beautiful with marble floors, beautiful plants and of course excellent service from staff. As I mentioned in my title - my third time here was a charm, "I'm a member now" and can't wait to visit again in June 2013!
HAPPY TRAVELS!!! =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun