“Over Priced Golf”

Moon Palace Golf Course
Ranked #52 of 280 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We paid $306 per person for 18 which includes $29 for cart fees. The cart fees were paid when closing out the account. We played all three courses. The Dunes was in poor condition. The greens and fairways had too many diseased or burnt out areas. The Jungle and Lakes were in ok to good condition. Due to slow players expect 5 hour + rounds. Compared to other resort courses those at the Moon are not worth $306. Also unlike other high priced courses the Moon doesn't provide amenities such as towels. Practice balls were in short supply. The starter and staff were excellent.

2  Thank Golfeverywhere

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Fantastic 27 holes setup and graded in difficulty from the Jungle, The Lakes & The Dunes. The Caddy Master and crew do a great job and keep the golf flowing. Will definitely play again. If you are staying at any of the Beach Palace Resorts your all inclusive can be used.

1  Thank EHB0523
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My golf handicap is 12 and I have never had a lesson before. I struggle with my short game so I decided to take a lesson using the resort credits. Eduardo made a few slight changes to my putting stroke and I was sinking everything. My putting confidence is through the roof. Unbelievable! Same thing with chipping, irons and driving. A few slight changes have made a huge difference. Eduardo showed me what to work on and how to improve. I can't wait to bring my new skills to the course. Thank you Eduardo!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The greens and fairways are well kept..enjoyed the golfing. Coatis are nutorious for stealing things from your golf car but if you pay attention to the warnings there are excellent photo opportunities and they are awesome to see up close. Should maybe have warned us at the club house about the crocodiles sunning on the tee boxes, although they were not aggressive if you kept your distance it would have been nice to expect it. The big down fall is transportation to and from the course to the hotel....extremely poor. Very disappointing when they know how many people have made reservations at the course and the restaurant to send a 6 person bus for pick up that only comes every 20 minutes you're lucky to get on in an hour. My daughter was sick from heat stroke, some kind people let us on the bus ahead of them as she was visibly sick and the driver wanted to drop us at the the middle stop where we would have had to wait for a bus to return to our room and was not very pleasant when we offered to pay him to take her back, which was not far out of the way in a van, as all the resorts areas are in close driving proximity. Major downfall for this course as far as I'm concerned to have a lobby full of guests annoyed at the lack of convenience, I'm sure it made others late for their dinner reservations and night time shows.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent 14 days at he Moon Palace Grand and it was marvelous, not only do you get the amenities from the Grand but you get to have all the advantages of the Nizuc and the Sunrise. The restaurant in the grand was not very good but the restaurant in the others were fantastic. We never ate at the same place twice, fantastic. Our room was great very clean and we could not have asked for better service. All the staff could not do enough for us to make this trip a great success. We also travelled to the Isla Murjes (not sure if I spelt it correctly) it is the Isla of Women we rented a golf cart and we also ate and had a couple of drinks at the palace hotel there, we had a wonderful time. When you stay at a place hotel you get to go to 6 other place hotels and have lunch and a few drinks included. This was our first trip to Cancun and the Moon Palace made it the best ever trip. Stay at the Moon Palace you will not regret it

1  Thank unhappy5894