“Surprise!!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We are avid fans of the Cirque du Soliel, and didn't really expect Deseo to be at all within that league of entertainment. However, we did purchase dinner/show tickets for $89 each, with the hope that at least we'd get a meal and something interesting to watch. What a wonderful surprise! The cost does include the meal - baby appetizer, good salad, stuffed, breaded chicken breast (not bad!) with mashed potatoes and some veggies, and a nice piece of cake, along with an open bar. All told, a nice meal, although not gormet fare by any means. The service was excellent, while being very unobtrusive. The seating is "family style," so if you are just 2 or 4, be prepared to share your table - NOT a bad thing! We met some very nice people! During dinner, a large TV showed some terrific clips of epic "fails" which was a lot of fun. The circus itself was great. I laughed and clapped throughout. Granted, it was not the Cirque, but did a very very good job of coming close, considering it was on a much smaller scale. Juggling, tightrope walker, contortionist, arialists (sp), great acrobats, balancing act, and the clowns were original and quite talented. The music was very good, and there was one soloist who's voice and presentation were quite laudable. I would totally recommend this to those who would like something different to do of an evening. I even saw a younger teenage boy enjoying himself, which says a lot ;-)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tatoland

New Brunswick, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AMAZING... no other word for it. The perfomance was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

This venue is well worth the price! The food was good, the show outstanding and the performers were just amazing. I was truly in awe and clapped so much my hands hurt! The venue offers dinner and a show, or you can opt for just the show and a few drinks but I recommend the dinner. It is small so all seating is excellent and the show is as good, if not better then you would see in New York. I must "do" while in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen.

Visited March 2014
Cancun
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Entertainment for Families & Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Yesterday me and my friends went to see the Deseo Circus show at Backstage Cancun. We had a great time and enjoyed a great evening in a positive enviroment. The circus show was around 2 hrs. The show featured some breathtaking acrobatics and lots of funny acts in between. Our tickets included 3 course dinner and open bar. The tickets for this Vegas style show in Cancun are reasonable priced and worth the money. I can highly recommend this place to all people who want to go out with family and friends to have a good time.

1 Thank Alexander J
Vancouver, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Deseo performance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

A show worth going to see if you have time. My expectations were not very high and I was very happy we went. Well put together show with good performers. It's not Cirque but it's still good. There are a couple 'filler' performers and they have the token 'funny' clowns which I could do without in each performance but that's just me. The rest of the performers made up for that by far. There were a couple times that I was stunned at what they were doing.

We did not get the dinner option but did pay for the option that came with 2 drinks each. Which was nice. We ate at the Mexican Grill next door which was very good.

Would recommend.

Bow, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went to Deseo last night and just have to say that the show exceeded our expectations. From the moment it started it was non stop amazement and laughter until it ended. The acrobatics, juggling, high wire, and dancing were all spellbinding. There were several acts featuring al least six very fit men who performed the most amazing acrobatic feats on two poles erected high above the stage.

Despite some poor reviews of the food I would have to say that the food was decent. It wasn't five star quality but it was tasty and presented in a pleasing manner by our attentive and friendly waiter named Ever. The drinks were well prepared although we asked them, after the first round, to make them with less sugar! They came around frequently before dinner and during.

All in all I would highly recommend this.