“Great gastronomy in cancun”

Tempo by Martin Berasategui
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo by Martin Berasategui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,065 Restaurants in Cancun
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ATMOSPHERE: Fine dining. Adults Only DRESS CODE: Elegant Long trousers required for men, shirts, jackets and closed shoes. Ties are not a requirement- But customers must not wear shorts, jeans, T-shirts, trainers or any kind of sportswear or tennis shoes. The majority women wear a dress and heeled shoes. Extraordinary cuisine, the best combination of exquisite Basque concentrated flavors in perfect portions dedicated to delight the most demanding palates. For those looking for a dining experience, memorable, the charm of "tempo" is the most appropriate decision. Let your attentive and excellent, waiters, guide you through an elegant and perfect way to enjoy incomparable flavors. Tempo is a magical place, dedicated to satisfying gastronomic tastes providing authentic experiences for all those who decide to take their place in consenting tables. No limits and perfection, is the philosophy of the day to day of the majestic restaurant undoubtedly receive with open arms to all its customers. Come and live TEMPO.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I dined at Tempo this evening with my fiancé, having visited from Live Aqua hotel on recommendation from Trip Advisor. The meal was everything that I would expect from a restaurant owned by such an acclaimed chef. Being from New York City, We are not strangers to excellent service, and our waiter Samuel was excellent. He was very attentive to our needs, and explained each dish of the tasting menu appropriately with detail. Additionally, he was super attentive to my food allergy, and accommodated me in every way.

We chose an excellent bottle of wine with the help of our waiter Samuel, however as we were contemplating different choices I was wondering why the sommelier didn't come over to assist is. Considering that there was only 7-8 at this time, I would think that the sommelier would have done his job in assisting us with our wine choice.

Overall, the food was excellent, the service was also excellent, and it was an added compliment to have both of the chefs and the manager of the evening introduce themselves and graciously thank us for our patronage.

4  Thank np785716

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Well worth the money. The tasting menu would be at least twice the amount if you had it in the States. Gourmet food, excellent ambience, professional wait staff.

1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have enjoyed our six visites to TEMPO, the new signature restaurant of Spanish 3 Star Michelin chef Martin Berasategui. The service by the young staff was friendly and excellent under the leading of the very engaged manager Fares Bouneb. The talented young chefs Ismael and Felipe prepared in the Martin Berasategui-style First Class Tasting Menus with a Mexican flavour. The experienced sommelier Carlos Duarte did propose very good Chilenian and Argentinian wines which paired with the menus. He is working on a winelist ready for a Wine Spectator Award.
In our view TEMPO is an asset for Cancun and we hope to be back next year.
Mr. and Mrs. Lips - The Netherlands

1  Thank Hendrik L
Reviewed February 11, 2014

To be quite honest with you this place is for a sophisticated palate (not your traditional American Steak house is fine dining attitude).. .I dont want to be a food snob but this type place doesent even belong in the North American continent. . .no rather it belongs on a quaint street corner in Donostia or San Sebastián or somewhere in Barri Gòtic in Barcelona where molecular gastronomy is a religion.

We came here already converts to Martin Berasategui and left as zealots of the molecular gastronomic spanish cuisine. I had the menu degustacion ("tasting menu") and my wife had the sea bass. .. .. all were heavenly. If you have been to Barcelona or Pais Vasco you will understand that the dishes are small but creative and truly a culinary experience unlike any other (well similar to your spain experience!) but unlike anything in Cancun or USA.

The place has a modern Barcelona feel to it. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. Our waiter Webster was attentive and pleasant. The manager came by and introduced himself and check up on our experience periodically.

We enjoyed the culinary experience and would come back here again!

2  Thank RonanJordi
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My friend and I went here because it was highly rated in Trip Advisor and we were looking for a high-end dining experience on our vacation. And Tempo delivered. My friend and I live in New York and Los Angeles, respectively, and we both remarked that this restaurant is on par in terms of quality food and service with some of the best restaurants in our home cities.

We sat down and quickly decided on the 7-course tasting menu. Every dish excelled in presentation. The combination of flavors and experimentation with molecular gastronomy blew us away in a few dishes (carrot foam with the salad, for example). The best dish by far was the crab soup, which we also saw was on the a la carte menu. And you know the sommelier is excellent when the wine adopts a new, pleasant flavor in combination with every bite.

But above all it was the service that impressed. Samuel and his team presented each dish to us simultaneously (and properly), kept our water glasses full, explained every dish to us in full, gave us tips on how best to enjoy each dish, and even topped off a glass of wine I particularly enjoyed. I don't remember the last time I had service that good in Los Angeles!

In the end our bill came to $100 USD per person - steep to be sure, for the quality of the food I ate I don't think I've ever spent that little. If you appreciate fine dining Tempo is an absolute must-visit during your stay in Cancun! Plus it is located in the hotel Paradiso which has a trendy bar and lounge area where you can enjoy a couple after-dinner cocktails.