Playboy Casino Cancun - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Not What was expected!

This place looks big on the outside! WRONG ANSWER! this is the smallest casino and everything is in... read more

Reviewed June 23, 2015
JChimere
Atlanta, Georgia
Not worth it

I play blackjack, the odds here are unfavorable (8 decks, cuts off at least 3 decks, dealer only... read more

Reviewed April 18, 2014
franxc
Pinehurst, NC

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2013

STAY AWAY!!.. When we arrived, they told my girlfriend $20 cover to enter. She gave them a $20. When we started to walk in, we were stopped and told $20/person not per couple. They told us this after they took the first $20!! (If we would have known $40 per couple to enter we would have went somewhere else). So I dished out another $20 and enter the casino and it is dead. There are two other people playing. All the workers in the casino immediately are staring at us. Made us feel really uncomfortable. I sat at a slot machine and when I went to insert money, a worker rushed up and said we cannot gamble until we buy a "membership" which was another $20/ person. Ironically they never mentioned this to us at the door. We refused to pay anymore and walked out. So we were charged $40 to walk into the casino for 5 minutes. Hugh Heffner owes us an explanation!! STAY AWAY!!

11  Thank adam a
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I went into the casino because it was associated with Playboy and Hugh Hefner. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and returned again the next night. You do have to pay a $20 USD entry fee to get in the door. This makes you a life time member and on our first night they had a 2 for 1 special so it was only $20 for both of us. When I inquired about the door charge, it was instituted after the second reopening of the club to skirt the rules in Cancun surrounding the live gaming tables (cards). As a membership club, they can host live card games, but without the membership you can only have video slots. The membership includes a free drink (~ $8 USD).

The entry is somewhat intimidating as it is small and the entry is overseen (guarded) by a gentleman in a suit, but all of the door staff are very friendly. Upon entry through the curtain, you are immediately surrounded by all the class that makes up the Playboy brand name. The gaming floor is spacious although the club size was smaller than I expected. There are two large bars, although we were immediately greeted by our "own" personal bunny that catered to all of our needs, so we never actually went to the bar.

The casino itself is a two story building with abut 50-60 video slot machines. All of the card tables are located downstairs but there are video slots on both levels. It has a large area called "the restaurant", but the name is somewhat misleading as it contains comfy leather couches and end tables instead of booths or tables and chairs. It also has a band area and a dancing area.

There is one Craps table, 2 roulette tables and about 10 card tables with games ranging from 3 card Poker and Caribbean Stud Poker to Blackjack. The video slot machines are in Espanol but there is always staff around to explain and answer any questions you may have.

The bunnies serve as waitresses, dealers and eye candy. There are always at least 1 other person in addition to the dealer at the card tables at all times and many times there was a bunny dealing with 2 other bunnies watching. (Kinda made it hard to concentrate on the cards *wink wink*)

The staff was extremely friendly and the surroundings were immaculate. I smoke cigarettes and couldn't light up one without a staff member bringing me an ashtray. Several times they changed out my ashtray while I was only halfway through a cigarette and there was NEVER a time when I had an ashtray with a finished cigarette butt in front of me for more than 2 minutes. The bathrooms were immaculately cleaned and well stocked.

The food was very tasty albeit the portions were much larger than we needed. We could have easily split one meal between the two of us. Entrees are about $10-15 USD and drinks range from about $3-4 for non alcoholic to ~$8 for alcoholic drinks. There is a small selection of cigars available at a charge but I didn't partake in those.

The dealers were very professional and they opened up any table we requested even if there wasn't already a delaer there. (The Carribean Stud table wasn't open when we arrived. I asked when the table would be open and within a minute, the table was open and we were escorted to the table where a bunny in red was dealing and she was flanked by two additional bunnies in black!)

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that the music was a bit loud, but I'm not a fan of loud music, so for most people, the music level would probably be appropriate.

We travel to Cancun yearly and we will definitely return to the Playboy casino every year!!

4  Thank sun_n_fun95
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Me and a few of my buds went to the casino to toss some dice and see how we'd fair at the craps table, well let me tell you this place wasn't fair. The dice were loaded, the dealer kept switching the dice on us and flipping them around. They'll let you have a few rolls to get your stack up only to slam a loaded 7 in your face! Do not recommend this place. Sketchy sketchy.

6  Thank Crapsplayer92
Reviewed November 21, 2013

we didn't know that Cancun had full blown Casino's. Web showed only slot machines. Playboy Club is located in Hotel Zone ( so not downtown and in safe zone) and is small and very friendly. They have Craps, Roulette, blackjack and of course slots. My wife did very well on the slots (suggest that you go up stairs) and i played roulette (same as Vegas) Good time.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been to a PBC in London ... this is completely different, only common thing would be the bunnies. When London one is sophisticated, stylish etc, this is exactly opposite. It's noisy ! More of a night club. Yes, you can gamble ... but you have to stay sharp enough because you have to count your own cards, no way hearing the dealer (blackjack) ... and people smoking cheep cigarettes around you, I would not mind cigars, but cigarettes just stink ... Anyways, that could be a great place for a nightclub evening out tho !