“underwater museum”
Review of Coconut Divers

Coconut Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Coconut Divers !!! This is a real dive center of divers for divers !!! Let us take you to discover the best dive sites of the Caribbean. From the turquoise ocean water to the dark misteries of the Mayan cenotes all of them with a atmosphere of dive club. No matter if you are a beginner or an advanced diver. We are nuts about diving !!!
Comstock Park, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“underwater museum”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

thank you to alex and the crew at Coconut divers operating out of the Sunset Lagoon Marina. My 2 tank diver to the museum and little Machones reef was excelent. Even though we had 6 resort divers in the boat our divemaster Ulyesses did a great job keeping everything under contol and was excellent in getting everybody prepped and under the water. I will be going out with this group again as the underwater museun is an easy shallow dive and the offerings there are always changing.

Visited October 2013

Westfield, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great dives and great people”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was referred to Coconut by my local dive shop. I called to schedule a couple of dives and during the conversation Alex suggested I get my advanced diver certification while I was in Cancun. Soup undead like a good idea so I booked all the dives in two days. Since I was in Cancun on business, I had a busy schedule. Leif, Alex and Tessa were great about scheduling the dives at my convenience. We did two wreck dives and some reef dives. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and recommend Coconut Divers to anyone wanting a great dive experience in Cancun!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer F
Glen Spey, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience !!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful.Octavio led me thru the pool exercise to teach me the skills I would need to dive.He made feel very secure thru my whole dive experience.I look forward to the future to become a certified diver with his help. Also the underwater photographer was great,she took excellent photo's that I'll have for a lifetime. Thanks again to the whole staff for making my dive experience great!!!!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank John S
Brasilia, DF
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“A good first diving experience in Cancun”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The company is located inside the yacht club. The instructions and first dives are done in the swimming pool. Our instructor Mr. Octavio showed great patience and experience with their students. We performed two dives near Isla de Mujeres (Manchones reef and the museo subacuatico de arte MUSA). We only suggest to the company a better organization and identification of equipment (masks, fins, clothes, weights, etc.) in order to facilitate the work of teachers as well as lockers for the guests. The company also missed to give us the certificate of our first instruction/dive so in order to get a PADI Certification we will need to start over.

Visited July 2013
GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cenote diving to the max”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent the week of September 7th through 14th in Cancun diving with Coconut Divers. I spent four days cenote (cave) diving, we dove Pet Cemetery, Nohoch, Angeleta, Temple of Doom, and Dreamgate. Price included transportation, park fees, dive guide, and lunch, and believe me you will work up an appetite. Leif Meinert was our guide for the week; he helped with gear and let us participate in the dive plan and allowed us to lead at times through the different tunnels.

For lunches we had Myan, two different Mexican restaurants, one with a cast iron pot of beef and chicken and peppers (very tasty). Our last lunch with Leif was at an outdoor fish restaurant, another really good place.

I did do one ocean dive with them, you will be taken care of and you will enjoy the dive. The boat requires a back roll to enter the water, this is an entry I don’t get to do very often. If you have never done this type of water entry before I am sure they will instruct you on the finer points.

All in all, I like the crew at Coconut divers and will be recommending them to any of my friends visiting Cancun.

Visited September 2013