“Great Chichen Itza tour”
Review of Cancun Passion

$89.00*
Chichen Itza Classic Day Tour From Cancun
Ranked #21 of 337 Tours in Cancun
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Let me first say that two places - Mexico and Hawaii do awesome guided cultural/historic tours. Great knowledge and stories of the culture and sites make a long day interesting. Authentic cuisine and driving through real Mexican towns lets you see the non-tourist Mexico. On board video regarding Mayan ruins and Chichen Itza an extra plus!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

after many years visiting Rivera Maya we finally decided to take the plunge and go to Chichen-Iza. We picked the express tour since the weather was cloudy and we had already done the cents.

THe pickup was at 7:30 and we were the first. We were give an light continental breakfast consisting of fruit a couple sweet rolls and juice, you could take seconds.

Our tour guide Jamie was FANTASTIC. He started the tour on the bus giving us lots f background information about the mayans and himself. When we got to the ruins we stayed together as a group of 24 and went all over the place. He had lots and lots of informations and the info was amazing. Lots of time to take pictures and ask questions. We spent 3 hours a t the site and then left to come home.

A few pointers: even though the olympus tour person said we would get water there was no water on the bus or "free" anywhere. Bring lots of water, it was not a hot day for us and we drank a lot, if it was hot we would have needed more.

Although we were told we would be back by 3:30 we didn't get back tip 6PM so if you take the "express" tour take food with you….

Lastly, there are lots of people selling lots of things at the ruins, they are very willing to haggle and the prices are the best we found everywhere, plan on spending money there for your gifts.

I would not bring children on this trip, It is long and boring for most kids. Wait tip they are older and can enjoy it.

Jamie was FANTASTIC…… Feel free to email any questions

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I don't normally do tourist tours but as everyone else wanted to stay on the beach I took the Cancun Passion panoramic bus to Chichen itza & the Ik kil cenote. After being picked up from the hotel, I sat back & relaxed not knowing what to expect, a little daunted by the 3 hour journey each way I needn't have been as after the basic continental breakfast and listening to the amusing introduction banter & advice by Josue & Diego and Hanna's very informative expose of the Mayan civilization we were suddenly there and one of the first coaches there too which I only appreciated at the end. We were guided round professionally & in experienced hands, although we were given the option to go it alone. After 2 & half hours we went for a buffet lunch at the local town in a specially set up place for coach tours, it was much nicer the than I had expected and the food (I chose Mexican selection) was excellent. People were late getting to the coach so time at the Cenote got reduced (1 hour) but it was just enough time to go and plunge in, The return trip with beers & tequila was for sleeping but was grateful they took a different route back via the colonial town of Valladolid and gave a guided talk us we passed through. I realised that was the real Mexico I wanted to see....next time.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family took the tour to Chichen Itza. This was a very long trip from Cancun to Chichen Itza but well worth and a wonderful experience. Our tour conductor Diego, our guide Noe and Felipe were awesome and absolutely knowledgable and informative. Breakfast on the bus, lunch in a wonderful buffet restaurant with local cuisine as well as catering to those not so interested in the local food. The tour of the Mayan ruin itself was informative and wonderful. And sad and amusing all at the time. The culture and belief system of the time and the people was well portrayed. They were also good about warning us about the not so nice things that happen within this tourist site. Being that the guides were from the area and knowledge was clearly evident. The trip to the cenote pool was also awesome - an adrenaline rush if you jump in for sure.... I wasn't going to do it but my thirteen year old challenged me to after he did and am I ever glad I did. The water was refreshing but awesome....
On the return trip through smaller mayan towns I think the reality of how lucky we are set in for all in our group by what we saw. A simply amazing tour very glad we did it.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I took the day trip to Chichen Itsa with Cancun Passion yesterday, and we had a great time. From Diego, our Tour Conductor, to Antonio, our Tour Guide of Mayan descent, the trip could not have been more enjoyable or informative. Diego and Antonio were very good at making us feel comfortable on the ~2 hour bus ride. Diego was very entertaining and Antonio gave great insight into the Mayan culture.

They took great care of us not only on the ride over, but once inside the grounds. We were even treated to Mexican Apple Sauce on the ride back.

Lunch was at a very good buffet with shops to buy authentic Mexican products. We also stopped at a cenote, or sinkhole (the name escapes me) where we were able to jump into a 150 ft deep pool of water. If you take the trip, you really should go into the pool!

Feel good about this trip, these folks help you see the corruption that preys on tourists in Chichen itsa, not unlike other tourist attractions around the world.