“Great food! Not sure it's Top in Cancun but close”

Wazaaabi Sushi House
Ranked #251 of 1,065 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Lived the food -- all of it. I am not a big sushi fan but my friends are and they said the sushi was some of the best they'd ever had. My wife and I had the noodles and yakisoba -- the noodle dish with Jeff was superb. Great taste and the beef was tenderloin that melted like butter. Service was very good except bill (la cuenta) took too long. The atmosphere is OK. Modern design but didn't feel super great. I would go here again for the food -- have the crab gyosa.

3  Thank jrich99
Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Mr. JRich99,

Thanks for your review, im glad to hear that even though you are not a sushi aficionado you enjoyed our noodles and yakisoba, we try to have other hot dishes besides just rolls for this same reason so theres a bit for every like.

Im sorry for the inconvenience if the waiter took to long bringing the bill, i will check up on that immediately. We are in a remodeling stage and although its almost done we have grown as a restaurant we also are preparing to open our private karaoke rooms soon, we appreciate your time giving us this feedback and look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

As a local, I have to admit that I eat here quite often, but I seem to always find something new on the menu and everything I try is Delicious! I really like the fresh food and the friendly service. They also have a new area for children that helps keep little ones busy while mommy enjoys her food! Try the "Muashi" roll..you will want to come back for more!

3  Thank LG_Cancun
Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear LG,

Thank you for your kind review, we are more than happy to hear that as a local you can always find new things in our menu and our renovation such as the kids club has made your visits more pleasant, we appreciate your comments!

Kinds regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you want some sushi while you're in Cancun this place will not disappoint you. We had the shrimp stuffed with cheese for an appetizer. I don't remember what it was called but it was excellent. We also had the seaweed salad. I had a California roll and my husband had some spicy salmon roll and both were very good. The service is great as well. You really have to get away from the hotel zone to find the best restaurants. It was so nice

2  Thank Janandrews
Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Mrs. Andrews,

Thanks for your kind review, it was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your return, hope youe enjoyed the rest of the holidays!!

Kind regrads,

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

From the atmosphere to the quality of the food and service amazing I love everything from the menu I've gone for several years and its still my favorite. Don't forget to get dessert and ask for your frappe beverages, simply the best!

2  Thank Michloes
Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Michloes,

Thanks for your review, we are happy to hear you enjoy our sushi, id like to comment that soon we will have a new cocktails menu that will blow you away, of course all our frappes will stay, nothing better than one on a hot sunny day!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The sushi is excellent in taste and presentation. The ingredients were fresh and well prepared. The service is excellent - very attentive, very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends!

Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jane M,

Thanks for your review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return!