“Wonderful, fresh, and friendly!”

Wazaaabi Sushi House
Ranked #152 of 1,089 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The sushi is excellent in taste and presentation. The ingredients were fresh and well prepared. The service is excellent - very attentive, very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends!

Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jane M,

Thanks for your review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Trust me when I say this is by far the best sushi restaurant in Cancun. I live near Plaza las Americas and frequently visit restaurants in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.

For anyone wondering about the image attached we ordered 1x Spice Tuna, 1x Akita, and 2x Salad with Tuna. (only one salad displayed in the image attached). Most items are around $100 pesos and with drinks our total bill was just over $500 pesos for a delicious and ultimately perfect evening.

"Best of Cancun" - 2013

Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Ultra007,

Im very greatfull for your kind review and to be honest just looking at the picture made me want to order one just like it for today, the Wazaaabi and Akita rolls are some of the favorites and the seared tuna salad couldnt be any fresher, glad to know you are only a few blocks away so anytime youd like one delivered give me a call.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just got back from Cancun and one of the things we're already thinking about is the delicious sushi meal we had at Wazaaabi. The place just underwent a remodel and has a great metro Asian chic thing going on. Eric warmly greeted us and recommended several rolls like the Tokyo which blew me away. Albierto took good care of us as we feasted on the most unique edamame we're ever had, definitely order the Dragon edamame. The rolls were delicious and very creative; the menu is huge. It would even be a great place to take someone who's not a sushi fan. Even though many taxi drivers don't know exactly where it is, its extremely easy to get to. From the hotel zone, head towards downtown and make a left at the first roundabout. It's right next to the University and Hospital on Avenida Tulum; it's about 10 minutes by taxi from the Coco Bongo area. Next time we're in Cancun we will definitely be paying this place a visit. If you're in Cancun and have a hankering for great sushi, treat yourself hear. Tell Eric we said hello!

1  Thank Claude_and_Elena
Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hi Mr. Claude and Mrs. Elena,

It was a real pleasure to meet you both, im very happy to hear you enjoyed the evening and that everything we recommended was of your liking, it was a shame you came so early for dinner as i would of loved that you stayed for the live music thinking your wife and yourself would of enjoyed it very much. look forward to see you next year!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went on a recommendation from our son who is living in Cancun this Summer.
We really enjoyed it. Neither my wife nor myself are great fans of standard sushi, so we both had hot options. The mixed teriyaki was very tasty, containing beef, prawns, mushrooms, onion cauliflower and broccoli (a smidge of chicken would have been nice instead of the veg), my wife's tempura prawns were large and again well-cooked - not to heavy on the batter. My son's smile as the sashimi salmon came up was a sight to behold. Massive portion!!
Good service, friendly staff and attentive owner.
A bit out of the way (Cancun is growing!), but the owner called a taxi for us to get us back to our hotel.

If you are staying in the Cancun Hotel Zone, save a few pennies by taking the bus to kilometre zero and grab a taxi from there to Plaza Peninsular.

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Barnett,

Thanks for your wonderful review, i have already looked into adding the chicken to the tepanyaki and will follow through your recommendation, very happy to hear your wife enjoyed the tempura as well, it was very nice to meet you as well as your son Pedro, great lad!

Hope to see you again next year, kind regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After looking up for the reviews on TripAdvisor I had a high expectation. Therefore I was afraid that it would not match my expectations. Instead of that it was absolutely smashing, it met all my expectations. The sushi is absolutely delicious; I would really recommend the spicy tuna (they call it Wazaabi) or Akita. The Ensalada Tataki is also really recommendable. Another important fact for me; they have soy sauce of Kikkoman, which is certainly good. The service is really good, very attentive and friendly. The menu is very variated and they have lots of sushis, even more than I can imagine. I cannot wait to go back!! Absolutely one of the best sushis I have ever had.

The only bad thing I can invent is that they have different kind of sticks than that I am used to. So I had some difficulties with them, but this is certainly a very personal thing.

Everyone who loves, or likes sushi and stays in Cancun should go here!!

1  Thank Britt v

Dear Ms. Britt V,

Thanks for your kind review, im happy to know you liked my recommendations on the roll and look forward to your return so you can try the rest of our rolls, im very curious to know more about your comment on the ohashi sticks as im more than happy to accommodate you and any other guest regarding this so hope to see you soon!!

Thanks again for your review, kind regards,