“Quality - second to none”

Wazaaabi Sushi House
Ranked #222 of 1,034 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

As an avid sushi fan I have high standards. And wazaabi surpassed them. Highly recommend the salmon on rice bowl. All prepared in house. Service very attentive.

A great experience. Will definitely attend again!!!

1  Thank Eskieclunge

Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you want sushi in Cancun, get away from the Hotel Zone and head to Wazzabi in downtown – it’s a 160 peso cab ride and well worth it. It was the last night of our 7 day family vacation. We had some great and some not so great meals during our stay and we wanted to make this one count. I received a recommendation from a local suba operator (Scorpio Divers www.scorpiodivers.com) and I confirmed with other positive reviews from Trip Advisor. We were greeted by the manager, Eric who was very attentive and helpful. Not only did he offer great advice for his menu but also provided local travel tips and suggestions. My only regret is that we didn't find Wazzabi and Eric earlier in the trip.

Ericfontaine, General Manager at Wazaaabi Sushi House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Todd M,

Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you and your family over on your last night in Cancun, please send my regards to the family and hope to have you back as our guests soon!!

Kind Regards,

Eric Fontaine

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I are from New York and we love good sushi. And we have been to some of the best sushi spots in New York. When we were in Cancun we weren't expecting to find such good sushi but we were craving sushi so bad that we went here and to our surprise it was delicious. I especially like the sauces they give on the side, the owner was very sweet and he recommended us the best things on the menu. I recommend fried Oreos for dessert! And just in general if you're in Cancun this is a most stop! They even have some fish imported from Japan

1  Thank Gaby K
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

It is for sure, my favorite sushi restaurant!!! The taste of all the dishes are great and the service is very good.
My recommendations are "sashimi de atun" and the spinach frappe drinks!

If you visit CANCUN, don't forget going to wazaaabi...:)

1  Thank Andreita2000
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been going here before it was this famous. I keep coming back due that the food is great quality and specially with raw food such as sushi you dont want to take a risk. Amazing taste in food plates, for those who can enjoy something of quality and like a terrace to hang out. Great healthy smoothies and service is very attentive. Will keep going back again and again! Great Job Eric in keeping customers happy.