“Fab”

Ranked #2 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Tulum, Mexico
“Fab”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for a short two nights, and enjoyed every minute of it. Although we do enjoy the all inclusivity of most resorts by the beach in Cancun, it was nice to take a break from mass produced food, crowded pools and beach, and the general public. It felt like the hotel was all to ourself, it was that private. Definitely worth the price you pay.

Room Tip: Maybe bring your own water. Bottles can run upwards of 100 pesos a bottle.
3 Thank Jojo R
NIZUC R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

Your comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

Hoping to have you among our distinguished guests in the future, receive our best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is simply amazing!!! The property is gorgeous but not in an opulent fashion. It is very serene, relaxing and worth the money in my opinion. I would agree with other reviews in that the property does seem more adult oriented but there were families present and the kids were having a great time. Our room was an ocean-view junior suite and exactly as billed from the pictures. It was a distance from the lobby and required a golf cart ride every time we wished to go to the beach or dinner but we didn't mind. Request a room closer to the main building if the ride is a turn-off.

I would definitely recommend the Havana Lounge for late night drinks as the atmosphere is great and the bartenders very attentive. We dined at almost every restaurant on property with Indochine being my favorite. The breakfast buffet was a close second as it is massive and a bit overwhelming at first glance. Lastly, the hotel staff was incredible and catered to our every need. We spent 6 hours on the beach one day and did not want for a thing. This hotel was an experiment for me as the Ritz is my usual "go-to" for vacations. However, after my stay this past weekend, I would jump at the chance to visit again!

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the lobby if you do not want to call for a ride (golf-cart). However, the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Utmb5

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

We appreciate your comments on our property; they encourage us to keep improving every day.

We hope to have you among our distinguished guests again in a near future, receive our best regards.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If I had to go back to this resort for every vacation for the rest of my life I would be totally fine with that. This PLACE was gorgeous. Our room, the restaurants, the beach, the pool, the spa, everywhere was like a painting. STAFF and everyone was so helpful and charming. Our butler Rodrigo was amazing. We got my mother a gift for paying for the trip and he wrapped it for me, not just in a box with paper... in a leather keepsake box, filled with rose petals as tissue paper. wow. THE FOOD was amazing. Gourmet, fresh, so much variety, amazing. THE SPA. I just... I can't even... begin to tell you how fabulous the spa was. I've been to my share of world-class spas in Vegas, Europe, etc. this spa made them all look like a YMCA. This. Spa. Was. Spectacular. GO TO THE SPA. worth the money.
Can't say enough good things about this place. I can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: GO TO THE SPA! Also, there may be fish/wildlife in the ocean waters because you're in the bay a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Allison G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

We focus in making every guest stay, a memorable one; therefore we appreciate your positive comments on our property as they encourage us to keep improving every day.

Hope to have you visiting us again in a near future, please receive our best regards.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2014

You will not find a more beautiful hotel with better service. The place is truly visually stunning and the service is some of the best anywhere. Every staff member is sincerely kind, helpful and lovely. Be aware that the standard Ocean View rooms are set back away from the ocean with a swampy marshland in front of you. If you want to be close to the beach, go for the Ocean Suite rooms. The Ocean Suite rooms in the main building are the best, in my opinion. We had 124 and it was perfect. You are close to everything (no need to take the golf cart) and the view is spectacular. The spa is in the top 2 that I have ever been to in the world. Definitely do a spa day. The entire resort is quiet, calm and serene- not for the party crowd or those wanting to explore the night life of Cancun. We wanted a quiet, couples get away and this was beyond our expectations. This is low season, we often ate at the restaurants with only 1-2 other tables. And there were no issues getting any chair or cabana you wanted each day.

The only cons I can think of: 1. Be prepared with mosquito spray in the evening. The resort has a lot of lush, jungle type landscape and reflecting pools and the mosquitos are aggressive at night, which is a bummer when you want to sit on the beautiful patio of the restaurant but can't after you are eaten alive. The resort provides "all natural" mosquito spray but the mosquito's don't seem to be deterred by it- bring your own. The bugs are only an issue in the evening. 2. The beach is shallow and calm and thus has lots of seaweed. I prefer to watch the ocean but swim in the pool so this did not bother me. However, it is perfect water for learning to use a stand up paddle board or kayak- which are all free to use at the resort. Not good if you want to body board or jump waves. 3. The food is quite expensive. It is expensive by American standards and they offer very small portions. I actually prefer small portions and I don't mind paying up for excellent food- but the quality of the food did not justify the cost. The food was just OK, nothing spectacular and certainly not up to the cost. Most of the fish and meat dishes were overcooked and chewy. The food was not bad, the quality was just half of what they charge for it. If you drink moderately, prepare to spend at least $500 per day in food and drinks for 2 people. We justified the cost to ourselves by considering that the room was actually priced low for the location and quality of the resort and service. They make up for the lower room costs by upcharging on the food.

We tried every restaurant except for the Italian one. The breakfast buffet in the morning (about $40 pp US) is really good. Lots of different options each day and everything we tried was very good. Their coffee is not like typical Mexican coffee- it's very strong and very good. For lunch, Ni is very good. The fried banana's they bring to the table are awesome. We got the seafood rice dish, the flavor was very good and we were pleased- one of our favorites. The food at the pool is good for lunch too- the fish tacos and ceviche were both very good. Luis at the pool bar is wonderful and a very good bartender. We tried the Asian restaurant for dinner one night- the sushi was good and the tuna tartare type appetizer, but the main dishes fell short. The lamb was overcooked and chewy, the sauce had a gritty texture. The fish main dish I had (can't remember the name) was also chewy and overcooked. La Punta Restaurant is amazingly beautiful- overlooks the adult pool and ocean- view of the full moon was spectacular. The food was just OK. The Mexican food restaurant was one of our favorites, but we just stuck with appetizers and ordered about 4 appetizers (they are small) and had dessert and drinks. This was our favorite dinner food.

Overall- a great experience. We would definitely go back and I would definitely recommend it- for those that enjoy beautiful architecture, landscape and amazing service and are looking for a quiet, serene vacation. Would I take my kids- maybe. They did have a kids club and seemed to have a lot of fun things for younger kids (ages 6 and under), including a small kids-only pool, crafts, cooking classes, t.v., lounge/play area, etc. For kids aged 7-12, they might be bored. However, if you rent a car and take the kids to Tulum or Chichen Itza and use Nizuc as a home base for down time and pool time- it would probably be just fine. The restaurants did not list any kids items on the menu but we were told they had off-menu items for kids like quesadilla, mac and cheese, hamburger, chicken breast, etc. We did see kids at the resort- not a lot and most were the well-behaved kids probably used to being in a high-end resort. Most of the guests are there for kid-free time so unless your kids are well-behaved, you might get nasty looks from the other guests. There was one screaming kid in the main pool and within 20 minutes, all the adults moved to the adults-only pool. :)

Go. Enjoy it. It is beautiful.

Room Tip: Ocean View suite rooms in the main building are the best view and location.
3 Thank ZigandSharko

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

We focus in making every guest stay, a memorable one. We appreciate your comments on our property; certainly they encourage us to keep improving every day.

Hoping to have you back at our Resort in the near future, please receive our warmest regards.
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My friend and myself stayed at this resort. This was our first time in cancun. The resort itself is beautiful. The staff is great very attentive to your needs. The only thing is that this place is far from everything so if your looking to spend time at the clubs or shopping I would recommend staying at somewhere closer. Otherwise your looking at spending $70+usd a day on taxis. You can take the bus if you want to walk 15 mins to the bus stop. The beach was ok had a lot of weedy grass area and mucky floor. It was almost like swimming in a lake. In conclusion if your looking for peace and relaxation this is the place for you but if you looking to explore cancun and go out at night it would recommend staying at another place closer by the strip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chana S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

Your comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

WOW what a place, admittedly we are here in low season but that has not dampened the experience. The weather is great but I could not rave anymore about how amazing this resort is. The staff are the best I have seen in Mexico, well trained polite helpful in fact I was just given a fresh ice cold towel and evian spray as I write this review. Nothing has been too much they are always around to assist with a towel, a drink or any request.
Visually the place is stunning. The have really gone all out. 3 Pools with an adults only if you don't have kids, 4 restaurants you never really have to leave.
We have a master suite its huge, the pool is like a lap pool quite ridiculous. all the rooms seem to be amazing but if you want plenty of space its well worth it.

My one must do experience is the Spa, one of if not the best I have been too. Block out 3 hours for the massage and the ensewing hydrospa tour and the value is amazing well worth it.

If your looking for a cancun relaxation place than this is it

5 Thank TheJandtheV

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

We focus in making every guest stay, a memorable one. We appreciate your positive comments on our property; certainly they encourage us to keep improving every day.

Vincennes, Indiana
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We just returned from a weeks stay at Nizuc. There were eight of us ranging in ages from 13 to 69 and everyone had a wonderful time. The hotel and the grounds around the hotel were beautiful and spotless. The staff was wonderful and the service was excellent. The entertainment staff around the pool (Russel, Shanta, Francisco, Fabian Karla, Gosto, Felix and Carlos) were all fun, friendly and kept everyone entertained. I would recommend this vacation to any family looking for time together while providing entertainment for all ages.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine. The third floor rooms have a great view of the facility and the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Distinguished Guest.

It is our goal to make every stay, a memorable one. Your positive comments encourage us to keep doing our best.

We will let know Russel, Shanta, Francisco, Fabian Karla, Gosto, Felix and Carlos your kind words.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your visit again at Nizuc. Please receive our warmest regards,