NIZUC Resort and Spa
$249
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$474
$463
$343
2,702 results
All reviewsla puntaterra nostraocean suiteadult beachperuvian restaurantplunge poolgolf cartmain buildingcevicheminutes from the airportfour seasonsbeautiful propertybreakfast buffetclose to the airportkids clubbutler servicecancun airport
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is by far the most beautiful resort I have ever seen. If you check out the photos online, you will be impressed, but when you see it in person your jaw might drop as did mine. There are multiple restaurant choices from Asian to Italian and pretty much anything else in between. The rooms are incredible, but the spa takes the cake. I am somewhat of a spa snob and receive massage on a regular basis. I had the BEST massage of my life followed by a hydro therapy session equal to none. I must also mention the staff was very professional and treated me like royalty (that is not an exageration) BEST SO FAR!!!!

Room Tip: Did not have any experience to suggest something was lesser or superior. I do know they had an array of room size choices.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
NIZUC R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.
Your comments help us to keep improving our service.
Hope to have you visiting NIZUC again in the near future,
Please receive our best regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We just returned from 5 nights at Nizuc. Our experience was 5 stars and the small things do not change the rating.

We arrived Saturday night to a most gorgeous sunset view in the lobby. We were upgraded to an Ocean View Suite in the main building which we loved and loved the location. We were originally booked in the tower and I am glad we had such close access to everything. The room was great, large with a huge balcony to watch the sunset every night. The tub and shower were the best.

The resort was definitely not at capacity so everything was available with no waiting. Everyday we had our choice at pool spots and the seats didn't start to fill up until after 9:00 AM. We used both pools but preferred the adult pool. The main pool is large and plenty of seating. The adult pool is much more intimate with a great seating area for reading. It was also breezier there.

This is not the place to go if you are looking for a night life, we wanted to stay away from the party aspect of Cancun and just relax.

Our meals were great, but like others have said it would be great to have a more casual evening option. Our last night we had room service on our balcony which was our lightest meal. We LOVED the breakfast buffet and I am not a breakfast eater. The mexican specialties every morning were delicious. The fruit and juices fresh and we never left without trying a new pastry.

We did the chef's dinner one night as we were celebrating my birthday and it was amazing. We met with the chef Vincent Wallez who was most charming and we felt his excitement about creating a meal just for us. We aren't big drinkers so they made us a variety of virgin cocktails throughout the meal as well. You could tell they loved trying to create out of the box drinks for us. Our meal was in a private dining room in Romana and we also toured the kitchen. The food was 5 star and the chef took our meeting and created a very personal experience. This wasn't cheap but very well worth it.

The other dinners were fine in La Punta and Terra Nostra. We left one night to try the Ritz Carlton and so happy we decided to stay at Nizuc. Poolside lunches were good and the service was excellent.

The service. I worked with Mariana to book our airport pick up and our dinner reservation. It was a great easy and welcoming experience. I recommend having a driver pick you up, it is pricey but the chaos at the airport can be a bit overwhelming. We took a cab on the way out which was easy and about $35. The pick up was $80

A few things we noticed:
We never heard from or met our Butler. It was fine as we didn't miss the service except to show us our room. We didn't realize until the 3rd day that there was a switch to bring down a shade in our room. also the lights were not intuitive so showing us how everything worked would have been helpful.

I read about the lighting in the bathroom in past reviews and thought it would be no big deal but it was an issue. The lighting is very poor and all over head so getting ready was a challenge. Also not all outlets worked. I used their blowdryer in the room as the bathroom plus didn't work.

We noticed a few things that needed repairs so I hope they are diligent about keeping up with the large resort.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The main building allows you to walk easily to the pools, beach and most of the restaurants.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank paige2367
NIZUC R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

Your comments are appreciated so they help us to improve our service every day.

Hope to have you visiting us again soon .

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Ten members of my family and I just returned from spending eight days in NIZUC Resort and Spa, where my daughter and son in law celebrated thirty years of wedded bliss.
We had about as perfect a vacation as is possible in these times of global warming and chaos in the world! Truly, it was a time of renewal, rest, and re-energizing oneself. It was not enough that the place is beautiful, spotless and rich in natural resources, but the people who so kindly give service are totally equipped and committed to making your time there be the most enjoyable possible. We left feeling blessed for having been able to have been there, and send humble thanks for all the people at NIZUC who made it such a warming experience.
Dr. Sara Olivia Garcia

Room Tip: All of our rooms were sunny, quiet, and large. None of the rooms we occupied needed improvement.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank fivemira

Distinguished Guest,
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

Your comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

Hope to have you visiting us son,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Spectacularly beautiful property -- the website doesn't do it justice. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The rooms are fabulous with comfortable beds and huge bathrooms. Like other reviewers I agree there's not a lot to do in terms of activities, other than paddle surfing and snorkeling, but I didn't have a problem lying on the beach drinking cocktails and enjoying the view. Multiple pool/cabana areas and lounge chairs set up in little nooks and crannies on the different hills, which makes it feel like you're in a very exclusive and private spot. Unfortunately I didn't eat at the buffet everyone is raving about. The food at the mexican restaurant (?R?) was good but not great. The wine was breathtakingly expensive. The sommelier was friendly and knowledgeable though, and the next time I have a couple hundred dollars to drop on a bottle of wine I'll order one.
My only complaint is that it wasn't clear from the bills or from talking to the staff whether the 'service charge' was a tip or not. I heard conflicting answers and wasn't sure what was correct. I was never sure if I was over or under tipping, which of course as an American makes me extremely uncomfortable.
Overall an amazing place and definitely the most beautiful in Cancun.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

We appreciate your comments so they help us to keep improving every day.
Hope to have you visiting NIZUC in a near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

By far the most beautiful hotel in cancun. The architecture is amazing. Wood, tall ceilings....
And I've pretty much seen almost every hotel In Cancun!!! We really enjoyed hanging out at the Havanas bar on the deck outside. Just make sure not to fall into all the streams of water that you walk over!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rldruk

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa.

Your comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

Hope to have you visiting NIZUC in a near future.

Please receive our best regards,