“Exceptional”

NIZUC Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I am one of the many Tripadvisor users who vists the site on a regular basis but does not normally leave a review! Shame on me I know. As you may gather this hotel has made a lasting impression on me and as a result I had to share my thoughts with my fellow travelers.

As discussed many a time the whole aspect of the hotel is wonderful. It is not to dissimilar to the hotels you find in Thailand, with its wooden teak appearance and many water features.

The staff are very attentive and go out of their way to help you in anyway they can. The restaurants are very good and it is difficult to choose a favorite.

All in all my girlfriend and I had a very enjoyable stay and if we are back in the vicinity of Cancun will no doubt look to stay at the Nizuc again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
NIZUC R, Management at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. It is our goal to make every stay, a memorable one.
Your positive comments encourage us to keep doing our best.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your visit again at Nizuc.
Please receive our warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for NIZUC Resort and Spa

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Just returned from 5 day stay at Nizuc. We had read about 50 reviews on this place after stumbling upon it during a spin through various Expedia package offerings. So we felt quite "prepared" for whatever came our way. Bottom Line: Nizuc was far nicer and first rate than we even imagined. The design of the hotel is spectacular, the rooms are beautifully appointed and very comfortable, the staff is beyond friendly, and the food was terrific. All of this combined with exactly a 7 minute cab ride to the hotel from the airport (whoever said it takes 15 or 20 minutes must have been taken on the "tourist" route) will insure that we most definitely return again next year. We have been to Mexico more than a dozen times and visited every major resort center, and Nizuc is just a small step below La Pamilla in terms of overall quality. Because the hotel is barely a year old, it simply isn't as lush as La Pamilla. Moreover, the dormitory style, 5 floor high room towers don't blend into the property like at La Pamilla, although the rooms are far better in terms of luxury and modern conveniences. Nizuc has its issues as pointed out in quite a few of the reviews we read on TripAdvisor: 1) They clearly have a stucco and paint problem, with visible chipping all around. It is the only sign of poor quality we could see on the entire property and they are working to fix it. Really didn't detract from anything in our opinion. 2) The food is expensive. The $250 per day budget mentioned by others is 100% accurate. That being said, we went to every restaurant on the property and they were uniformly excellent. Don't order wine and you will be able to reduce that number substantially. Drink the local Indio Beer for 80 pesos and you will be fine. 3) Water is $10 per bottle. Yup, that is accurate, but they give you plenty of free bottles in the room, at the health club, even in the golf carts, so take what the give you and don't order any more. Problem solved. Surprisingly, the hotel was only about 30% full, which given the brutal winter weather (we live in Chicago) across the U.S. is puzzling. But, selfishly, I hope it stays that way, because we will definitely be returning in the future and really liked the beauty and tranquility of the entire property. Top notch resort. Would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GerryMan17

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. It is our mission to make every stay, a memorable one.
Your positive comments encourage us to keep doing our best.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon at Nizuc.
Our warmest regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and the hotel, its facilities, staff and location are all top class. The food is excellent in every restaurant. Staff are well trained, helpful and knowledgable. Rooms are perfect. The only reason we have not given this a 5 rating is that once you have checked out you are no longer eligible for the 'endless luxury'. With a 5 hour wait between check out and leaving for the airport this was a nuisance. In all other resorts/hotels in Mexico (and other countries) we have been able to continue with the 'all inclusive' nature of the hotels and found it strange that we could not do so here. Overall a great holiday though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. It is our mission to make the stay of our guests, a memorable one.
Your positive comments encourage us to keep doing our best.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon at Nizuc.

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

So far my resort picks have been fabulous. This is no exception. This is a 5 star resort if the likes of viceroy Anguilla, ritz Carlton cayman, Gansvoort in Turks, rosewood in Bermuda... But better. First the service... Every staff member at this resort was a 10/10. Just to name a few:Alfonso the butler was so perfect.. He knew things about ur stay that u didn't even know. He was professional and did his job wonderfully
Hermando and Daniel at the pool. Fantastic... They paid every attention to detail. Carlos ( drove us around in golf carts was always friendly)

Attention to every detail from folding the towels in perfect rolls to making sure there is no garbage or dead vegetation anywhere.. There is no asphalt anywhere, just beautiful masonry. Even the roads throughout the complex are stone.. A huge expense. The service is impeccable.. Always with a smile and always there.. They give the impression they are truly happy to serve you.. I even want to mention that even though there is a large distance between where u are staying to the main lobby, there is always a driver with a golf cart more than happy to take you everywhere. The only downside (and I mean only) is that the main dishes at the restaurants were mediocare at best... The ny strip at la Punta was fatty (for both me and my fiancé) and of the quality of a cheap steak place. The dish I had at indochine (sweet and sour pork) was so bland... My home take out Chinese food place was better. Please note I'm from NY and used to great food. I don't mind spending $240 per meal if it's worth it. The other thing is that the beach water is not crystal clear blue.. And no waves. But it is very relaxing and beautiful... The pool area is gorgeous This is a gorgeous resort and obviously built with no expense spared. The bars are beautiful, the grounds are inviting to just sit and enjoy. The spa is the best I ever seen and I've been to many. Just beautiful The massage was great . The work out
Area is adequate (was able to do everything I needed) The furniture in the rooms is exquisite. I'm not sure which resort I liked better... This or the viceroy in Anguilla... Final word... Come here without any worry... It's wonderful and worth the price. I definitely would come back

• Stayed: February 2014

Distinguished Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. We focus in making every guest stay a memorable one.
We appreciate your positive comments of our property, spa and staff . Certainly encourages us to keep improving every day.
We will be very pleased to have you visiting us again in the near future

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Firstly, I'll start off by saying that Cancun wouldn't have been my first choice of holiday destination and we decided to visit solely due to how beautiful the Nizuc resort appeared.

My husband and I spent one week in Nizuc at the end of January.

We arrived at Cancun airport and spent the best part of an hour getting through customs and queuing in uncomfortably close proximity to our fellow passengers.
After finally escaping the hustle and bustle of the arrivals terminal, we exited to discover our transportation right at the front of the throng.
We were whisked away into an air conditioned SUV and given scented cool towels and water and greeted kindly by our driver.

This was to set the pace of the trip.
Arriving at the Nizuc resort is like arriving into a private piece of paradise.
Although only a 10 minute ride away from the airport and the main Cancun hotel zone, you feel like light years away.

We were greeted by the wonderful Jesus on the reception drink and given a refreshing welcome drink. We were offered a tour of the hotel but as we were tired after our flight, we decided to skip this and go straight to our suite.
There we were greeted by our butler, who is on hand whenever you need him.

we stayed in a Ocean Suite King Delux room and I have to say it was absolutely beautiful and perfectly formed.

The common areas are simply stunning. Everywhere you look, there is something to covet, I remember saying over and over, "I wish my home looked like this".
The designers and architects have done a great job on this new hotel and you'd find it difficult to stay anywhere in Mexico as aesthetically pleasing as this.

There are six restaurants within Nizuc and we tried them all. We found it difficult to pick a favourite and enjoyed all of our meals immensely. One highlight was dinner in Terra Nostra, the Italian restaurant, where Chef Danieli visited each table to make recommendations. My husband tried all of these and was not disappointed! Another was Cesar on the egg station at Cafe De La Playa and his delectable Huevos a la Mexicana.

We also arranged the Special Service private pier dinner which was spectacularly romantic. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion and want to take it to another level.
My husband arranged all of this with Mariana the Guest Relations Manager and said the communication was seamless between arranging the fine details and I must say, anyone who can get antique roses to the end of a Mexican pier in January deserves big praise!

There is a European meal plan and also 'Endless Indulgence' which is the Nizuc version of All Inclusive.
We opted for the Endless Indulgence and I would recommend it to anyone who loves food and drink and doesn't want to worry about a big bill at the end of their stay.
Most items on the menu in every restaurant are included in this plan with just a few premium items that have a surcharge of P$250 such as lobster and foie gras.

Also included in the Endless Indulgence plan is use of the spa facilities and a hydrotherapy session. My husband and I took advantage of this one morning before breakfast. The spa facilities are incredible and the staff guide you through each step of the way. There is a separate spa for men and women but you can meet at the end by the 'vitality pool'. The spa staff communicated through radio to let my husband know that I was waiting for him at the vitality area so that he could meet me. A nice touch and very romantic.

The pool areas are gorgeous and very well tended to. The pool staff are amazing and are always there just when you need them, whether it's to put towels on your bed, or to get you a delicious margarita (Ik Margarita was fantastic, and infused with Habanero pepper) or pool snack.
They also offer sunscreen, sprays of refreshing Evian facial mist and shots of assorted spirits.

As amazing as the hotel and all the facilities are, it is the staff that really make this hotel exceptional.
There is no request that is too big or small and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel special.
My husband and I were treated like royalty by these gorgeous people, I would love to name them all, but I'm afraid it would be everybody that we encountered!

In summary,
Visit this hotel if you wish to be well and truly spoiled and if R&R is what you're seeking.
We are so glad that we chose Nizuc for our Honeymoon and are already dreaming of returning.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan_Craig

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. Our mission is to make every guest stay a memorable one.
Your kind words are appreciated and motivate us to keep improving every day.

We will be very pleased to have you visiting us again in the near future

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The staff at Nizuc is what made our trip the best we have ever experienced. The grounds are paradise. The decor and amenities rival any top hotel in the world. The food was delicious, even to my very discriminating taste. The Spa and overall "zen-like" existence of Nizuc promotes ultimate relaxation. While all of these luxuries are great, without the staff Nizuc would be just another beautiful place. There are so many choices when traveling to Mexico. No other vacation can offer what Nizuc does. The attentive, humble, gracious staff goes out of their way to ensure you are 100% satisfied and comfortable at all times. They helped us even after we checked out and our flight was canceled. I can not say enough nice things about this place or the people that work there. You will not find a place that will make you happier.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Shannanclair

Distinguished Guest,
We will be very pleased to have you visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife had surgery on her chronic foot. We needed a place for her to relax and heal. Wow what perfect resort beautiful. Rooms are amazing and so is the property. The spa there is none better. The service the people very warm and friendly they literally not only say hi they put their hands on their hearts for you. I would definitely look forward to going back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff F

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort and Spa.
Our efforts are focused on making every stay a memorable one.
Positive comments like yours regarding our property and our staff, encourages us to keep improving every day.
We will be pleased to have you visiting us again in the near future.

Please receive our warmest regards,