“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

NIZUC Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This is one gorgeous hotel. The decor is very simple, modern and organic. Everything about this place is Amazing..service, food, beach, rooms! I've traveled quite a bit and stayed at a lot of 5 star hotels. But I must say so far this is one of my favorite. Service is top notch. A must if you want to spoil yourself. It's pricey but everyone deserves to be treated.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a paradise! Beautiful white-sand beaches and a great resort. The pool is awesome! we had Gregorio at the Nizuc pool and Pelicanos restaurant. He always knew what we wanted to drink and greeted us by name. The service here is impeccable. Truly a wonderful experience made only better by the service we had.

Room Tip: Get one close to a pool or the beach!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jarrod B
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I went to Nizuc on the first stop of our honeymoon and it was hard not to compare the rest of the trip with what we experienced there. Everything was perfect: check-in went smoothly; the butler who took us to the room was friendly and very helpful; the room was one of the nicest we've ever been in; and every part of the restaurant and beach services were just best!

If I have on complaint it was with the concierge. I booked an airport pick up with Nizuc, but when we arrived there was nobody waiting for us. I called the hotel and they quickly sent a driver who picked us up and everything was fine.

The hotel is expensive, but after venturing out one day into town, we quickly returned and stayed within the beautiful confines of the hotel. You really wouldn't find better services and facilities in Cancun!

We loved this place, will always remember it and can't wait to return for an anniversary!

Thanks to all the staff for making our trip unforgettable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

To describe Nizuc would be a challenge. I would use words like private, exquisite, luxurious, breath taking and not at all and in any way a let down. To describe the staff I am left speechless. Nizuc truly is a once in a lifetime experience. One that you will compare vacations to for decades. The staff will truly make this resort and your visit legendary.

A brief Thank You to Marianne. Thank you from the Shooks.

Room Tip: Go for the plunge pool. If you are in a regular room you can here the plunge pools around you. We...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimshook
Montrose, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here for a honeymoon. I was not notified about dress codes in dining at all when i made reservation. Well, i didn't bring formal attire with me. I am on endless indulge plan, and the hotel is not letting me in. Only dining that hotel manager offered was asian food as i am asian.
Well, i just saw white men in flip flops and shorts in dinner dining.
I guess they only have dress codes for non-white people.
These guys just ruined my honeymoon.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
59 Thank Ji Ho Y
ROYAL OAK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayted at Nizuc at the end of September. Remember that this is the rainy/hurricane season so there's always the potential of bad weather so if your dates are flexible you may want to skip this time of year since hurricanes seemed to be lurking while we were there. With that being said, it only rained 1/2 of the first day we were there. I think we got lucky. This was by far the most extravagant resort we've ever vacationed to. We typically like to get out and explore, but this vacation was all about R&R and Nizuc met all expectations and then some! We were looking for a resort that had amazing rooms with amazing views, service, restaraunts and an atmosphere which would allow us to decompress for 4 days. Nizuc checked all the boxes. Our room (Ocean Suite) was outstanding! With it's minimalistic decor and ceiling to floow windows it truly brought the outdoors in! Everthing was clean and neat! We could've stayed in our room all day as nice as it was, but we always gravitated down to the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. I'm not sure everyone is assigned their own personal "Butler" but we were and Eric was there for our every need. From ice on demand and even chilled aloe vera for my sun burn. While Eric was great, the entire staff from the front desk to the pool bar tender were pretty much amazing and made sure you had anything and everything you needed. We originally decided on all inclusive, but since we don't eat or drink too much we decided to grab some liquor at duty free and pay for our meals. FYI - Order from the beakfast menu, not the buffet menu if you're paying as you go. Skipping on the all inclusive ended up saving us a substantial amount of money, but remember that the mixers are expesive ($8-$10 USD) at the resort since. Knowing what I know now, I suggest brining some Mio water enhancer for a mixer that you can pack away easily in your suite case. Food at all the restaraunts was great. I'm all about seafood and the seviche was as fresh as you could get anywhere! The resort is about as secure and safe a resort as you'll find. I'm not sure how anyone can access it without being a guest. If you want to do anything outside the resort, you'll have to invest time and money. The only activities you can do on site are paddle boarding, snorkeling and maybe kayaking. All in all...we would definitely go back to Nizuc for another week of endulgance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ERIC E
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a reunion with 3 of my close girlfriends at Nizuc Resort in early October 2013. By far, this is the best hotel I have stayed in (and I've stayed in many)! The rooms, the restaurants, the spa, the location, the staff, the customer service-- everthing was stellar! I can't say enough about this resort. The entire staff was so attentive and helpful. The staff would greet you at every encounter and there was never a hint that they were being fake. They seemed truly happy to have us staying there.
Now the restaurants. OMG!! I tried Ni, Ramona, Terra Nostra, and Cafe de la playa. Each one of them had five star food, service and ambience. You could tell that they had real chefs and not just cooks preparing the food.
The hotel itself (aside from the luxurious rooms) was beautiful--the private beach, the pools, the lobby. My only regret was that I didn't get to spend as much time exploring all that the resort had to offer such as kayaking, snorkeling and other activities. I did get to go to the spa and it was fantastic!!
I NEVER write reviews (even for things that I like) but I had to write this one. I have ranted and raved so much about this resort, that my sister and her husband will be going there in December. I'm hoping and praying that they can maintain their splendor for many years to come. Without a doubt, if I ever return to Cancun, I will be staying at Nizuc. Period!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends