“Simply the best.”

Ranked #2 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
ROYAL OAK
“Simply the best.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayted at Nizuc at the end of September. Remember that this is the rainy/hurricane season so there's always the potential of bad weather so if your dates are flexible you may want to skip this time of year since hurricanes seemed to be lurking while we were there. With that being said, it only rained 1/2 of the first day we were there. I think we got lucky. This was by far the most extravagant resort we've ever vacationed to. We typically like to get out and explore, but this vacation was all about R&R and Nizuc met all expectations and then some! We were looking for a resort that had amazing rooms with amazing views, service, restaraunts and an atmosphere which would allow us to decompress for 4 days. Nizuc checked all the boxes. Our room (Ocean Suite) was outstanding! With it's minimalistic decor and ceiling to floow windows it truly brought the outdoors in! Everthing was clean and neat! We could've stayed in our room all day as nice as it was, but we always gravitated down to the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. I'm not sure everyone is assigned their own personal "Butler" but we were and Eric was there for our every need. From ice on demand and even chilled aloe vera for my sun burn. While Eric was great, the entire staff from the front desk to the pool bar tender were pretty much amazing and made sure you had anything and everything you needed. We originally decided on all inclusive, but since we don't eat or drink too much we decided to grab some liquor at duty free and pay for our meals. FYI - Order from the beakfast menu, not the buffet menu if you're paying as you go. Skipping on the all inclusive ended up saving us a substantial amount of money, but remember that the mixers are expesive ($8-$10 USD) at the resort since. Knowing what I know now, I suggest brining some Mio water enhancer for a mixer that you can pack away easily in your suite case. Food at all the restaraunts was great. I'm all about seafood and the seviche was as fresh as you could get anywhere! The resort is about as secure and safe a resort as you'll find. I'm not sure how anyone can access it without being a guest. If you want to do anything outside the resort, you'll have to invest time and money. The only activities you can do on site are paddle boarding, snorkeling and maybe kayaking. All in all...we would definitely go back to Nizuc for another week of endulgance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ERIC E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a reunion with 3 of my close girlfriends at Nizuc Resort in early October 2013. By far, this is the best hotel I have stayed in (and I've stayed in many)! The rooms, the restaurants, the spa, the location, the staff, the customer service-- everthing was stellar! I can't say enough about this resort. The entire staff was so attentive and helpful. The staff would greet you at every encounter and there was never a hint that they were being fake. They seemed truly happy to have us staying there.
Now the restaurants. OMG!! I tried Ni, Ramona, Terra Nostra, and Cafe de la playa. Each one of them had five star food, service and ambience. You could tell that they had real chefs and not just cooks preparing the food.
The hotel itself (aside from the luxurious rooms) was beautiful--the private beach, the pools, the lobby. My only regret was that I didn't get to spend as much time exploring all that the resort had to offer such as kayaking, snorkeling and other activities. I did get to go to the spa and it was fantastic!!
I NEVER write reviews (even for things that I like) but I had to write this one. I have ranted and raved so much about this resort, that my sister and her husband will be going there in December. I'm hoping and praying that they can maintain their splendor for many years to come. Without a doubt, if I ever return to Cancun, I will be staying at Nizuc. Period!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Saida S
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I returned a few weeks ago from, perhaps, the most beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing resort imaginable. We were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary there for 4 nights and 5 days. From the beautiful rooms, incredible restaurants, gorgeous infinity pools, and the staff, one simply can't find a more perfect place to relax and enjoy. Our butlers (Aldo, Leslie, and Alfonzo) seemed to always show up at the right time to make sure we were pleased the way our stay was going. Our drivers (Francisco, Pablo, Charley, Carlos, Jose, and Esteban) were incredibly punctual and helpful and always had nice things to tell us about their resort. All the restaurants were simply delicious, but we especially liked Terra Nostra. Thanks to Rubin, Juvencio, Jose Luis, and Xicale in making our two dinner evenings there perfect. Thanks to Wilbur at the infinity pool for making our days there relaxing and wonderful.

Nizuc is the perfect place to unwind and get away from all the hassles of our usual daily lives. In fact, my wife and I never left the grounds of the resort and spa and were perfectly content in doing so. Be sure to make time for the Spa as it was one of the nicest ones we had ever been to. The attendants there were excellent and made for a wonderful experience.

All I can say is the place is "to die for" and we will be back there again. Special thanks to Ms. Mariana Arenzana, a "Guest Recognition Manager" at Nizuc who made our special wedding anniversary that much more special. We miss everyone there and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stewart P
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is by far the best hotel/resort in Cancun. It is brand new.. you can smell and feel it. The decoration is superb, better than many other Riviera Maya hotels. It has two bars that exceeded all my expectations. It has like 5 restaurants, one better than the other.. The pools, beach, views, sea, people, service... everything deserves a perfect 10.

Room Tip: The closest to the beach
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ana R
Methuen, MA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in mid September and the resort is just so beautiful. One of the best hotels/ resorts I have ever stayed at! Rooms are just beautiful. Stayed in master suite and really enjoyed everything about it. Service of the staff all throughout the resort was great. They are more than willing to go above and beyond to make you happy. The adult and family pool area's are both very nice. Adult pool is a bit too quiet for me. The beach area is nice and clean and calm if you have small children.
Food in all the restaurants was excellent.
Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mylah99
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Love love loved Nizuc!

It is a week I am home from my incredible 7 day vacation at Nizuc Resort & Spa and I miss it so much! I never imagined I’d be emotional and so sad to leave. My best friend and I kept saying we never want to go home over and over again! We felt very blessed to be at such a beautiful place with beautiful people. Saying goodbye was bittersweet to the extra special individuals that took exceptional care of us, warmly thanked us for staying with them, and invited us to please come back soon. Veronika, Miriana and Alfonso we promise to see you again!

Thank you so much to Trip Advisor, as they are responsible for me finding this beautiful paradise called Nizuc Resort and Spa. I read every single review on Trip Advisor for Nizuc and all of the great things mentioned are so true and then some!

I apologize in advance for the lengthy review, but I wanted to share some of the many INCREDIBLE things we encountered during our visit to Nizuc.

As mentioned, we were blessed with several things on this vacation. One was the weather since October is part of hurricane season. It rained one full day then on and off a few times, but for the most part the weather was beautiful! We also feel we were blessed to be offered a very gracious upgrade 3 days into our stay, to a beautiful Garden Villa with Pavilion. WOW! We had our own private little sanctuary! A very special thanks once again to Veronika and our dear butler Alfonso!! We thoroughly enjoyed our luxurious villa with infinity pool and waterfall, outdoor sitting area, and its beautiful private courtyard which was illuminated at night with lanterns and lights!
Lastly, but surely not least, we are obliged to have met a new friend, our butler Alfonso. He is such a kind soul with a mindset to do his job the best he can to his ability, and he does it very well might I say! Nizuc is very fortunate to have such a true gem working with them. We did not need to ask for anything, as he was already thinking what we could possibly need or want as if he was reading our minds. We loved that Alfonso would come out on the property to check in with us. Always smiling and happy to see us even though sometimes we had him waiting a little bit when it was time to get to our dinner reservation. He made us feel extra-special through out our stay and that meant the world to us. On our first day we mentioned having dinner out of the resort at LeBlanc as well as Thai at the La Isla Mall and the next day he had detailed information on LeBlanc and the menu to Thai. However, after our 3rd day we had absolutely no desire what so ever to leave Nizuc! Why would we?! We have vacationed at Leblanc Resort & Spa 3 times, as well as Iberostar Grand Parasio and The Royal Cancun and I must say that the “Butler Services” at each of them was almost, if not absolutely NON-existent! Untouchable to Nizuc!

All of the restaurants we dined at were phenomenal to say the least!
During your meals be prepared to receive delightful little treats in between courses and a nice little chocolate candy ending.
The restaurant that stood out for us was Terra Nostra where Chef Daniele Tonin personally came to each table to say hello and welcome you. Straight to the point - his food is to die for!! I’ve never eaten food that exceptional anywhere in N.J.!
Three nights out of six we were at Terra Nostra. From the very beginning to the very end of every meal, everything was unbelievably delicious! I also wanted to mention the incredible staff at Terra Nostra as they all were so accommodating and sweet.
Marco, Jose Louis - thank you again for the paper roses you made for us.
Indochine was incredible as well as Ramona. We loved everything…from the impeccable service and delectable cuisine, to the beautiful décor and furnishings. Each and every restaurant was gorgeous!
Unfortunately we did not dine at the beautiful La Punta grill. The night we had a reservation there were too many little critters flying around to enjoy it. We suggested screens may help in the future so one may still be able to dine in the open atmosphere surrounded by the jungle setting.

All of the pools are gorgeous with black metallic tile; however the La Punta (adult) pool was our favorite spot. You could smell the fragrant hibiscus plants and flowers in the breeze, it was so relaxing and just picture perfect! We loved the music and vibe. I mentioned to our waiter Victor I liked a song at the pool. He brought over a piece of paper with the name of the song for me! Victor, Louis and Mario are some of the pleasant pool side staff who was always so helpful. Anything we needed; from moving lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels to where ever we wanted to sit, and I could never forget the wonderful smelling hand towels given throughout the day to freshen up! They were such lovely scents each and every time. Another nice touch Nizuc!
Café de la Playa breakfast was incredible. I became addicted to the coffee with cream each morning and I am not a daily coffee drinker! Everything I ordered from the menu was delicious! Orange juice was freshly made in a juicer machine right in front of you.
I agree $45 US is expensive for the buffet, but that included Mimosas as well as numerous options to choose from. We suggested the buffet may be more attractive to guests with offering a less expensive option; one that does not include alcohol for people who do not drink. I only did the buffet one morning (and I LOVE my breakfast), so if it was a little more reasonable I would have opted for the buffet more than just once.

Nizuc does it right with the details! We did notice many little details that I need to mention!
Every ENTIRE piece of silverware and glass was spotless!! Not 1 piece had a water spot or mark on it! Yes, EVERYTHING is immaculately clean!!
The baby powder-scented toilet paper with the Nizuc logo stamped on it – yes we noticed it!
Fiji water was replenished everyday in your room was a very, very nice touch and was much appreciated! As well as the little complimentary snacks passed around at the pool during the day, whether it was assorted fruit on a stick or a pastry of some sort, it was always a nice treat.
A staff member holding up a sign of the daily activities for you to glance at while lounging by the pool or at breakfast, just so they don’t interrupt you or your conversations….what a genius idea!
The cute linen messenger bag that arrived every morning to your door with the daily weather, activities, specials at the restaurants, along with the latest newspaper articles…was another nice touch!
Everyone places their hand to their hearts when you pass them by. It makes us guests feel appreciated that we chose Nizuc for our stay.
The golf carts were a convenient way to get around the resort; I really enjoyed it.
Nizuc sometimes reminded me of a smaller version of the beautiful One & Only Palmilla in Cabo with the golf carts, fire pits and lanterns throughout the resort.
Maid service was incomparable. Tidying up your room and placing things ever so neatly and folded. They fixed anything and everything to look perfect. It was so nice not to have to worry about leaving any belongings out in your room or locking your phone, camera or i-pad up in fear of it disappearing. My best friend left jewelry out at times and everything was perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about at Nizuc! You and all your items will feel very safe. You are locked behind the huge wooden gates within the Nizuc compound which has surveillance cameras throughout the property. It makes a safe and nice feeling as if being in the comfort of your own home.
A few mornings we ran outside on the cobblestone pathways and the golf carts would always offer a ride or stop to provide a cold bottle of water…it was very sweet.
The E-spa looks incredible, but unfortunately for us we ran out of time to be able to do the amazing hydrotherapy or massage treatments. We received a tour of the beautiful spa facilities from Ava who was so personable and sweet. I did take a sound therapy meditation class recommended by Ava, which was very relaxing and perfect after a nice workout in the immaculate fitness center.
The relaxing night life at the resort was perfect for us and was all that we needed.
A beautiful roof-top lounge is set to open above Terra Nostra next month.
The Havana Lounge and Bar-A-Kan, both which are rich and opulent inside and out, you will meet Ana. We really enjoyed our late night conversations and laughing with her.
My best friend fell in love with the snacks of dried Hibiscus flower and Tempura fried olives served at Bar-A-Kan. She mentioned she liked them to one of the butlers - Arturo, by the pool one day, and sure enough a tray of both snacks were sent over for her to enjoy poolside.

I can go on with all the wonderful things we’ve experienced at Nizuc, but to understand fully you will need to experience it all for yourself. You will not be disappointed and I can assure that you will be blown away, just as we were!

Our goal for this vacation was to relax, restore ourselves and be pampered in a luxurious setting and sure enough it was over-achieved at Nizuc!

We will see you in 2014 Nizuc, and THANK YOU for going above and beyond for us in more ways than one!!

Gina and Maryann

Room Tip: The Tower rooms/residences are further away from the main builing but have gorgeous ocean and mangro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank CaboLover18
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The excellent service started with my booking, continued with a free upgrade to a King Suite upon arrival and remained amazing for my whole stay. Nizuc staff, rooms, food and facilities are amazing. It is pricey but worth it as a treat- thank you Nizuc!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo