“Awesome Resort...”

Ranked #2 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Methuen, MA
“Awesome Resort...”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in mid September and the resort is just so beautiful. One of the best hotels/ resorts I have ever stayed at! Rooms are just beautiful. Stayed in master suite and really enjoyed everything about it. Service of the staff all throughout the resort was great. They are more than willing to go above and beyond to make you happy. The adult and family pool area's are both very nice. Adult pool is a bit too quiet for me. The beach area is nice and clean and calm if you have small children.
Food in all the restaurants was excellent.
Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mylah99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Love love loved Nizuc!

It is a week I am home from my incredible 7 day vacation at Nizuc Resort & Spa and I miss it so much! I never imagined I’d be emotional and so sad to leave. My best friend and I kept saying we never want to go home over and over again! We felt very blessed to be at such a beautiful place with beautiful people. Saying goodbye was bittersweet to the extra special individuals that took exceptional care of us, warmly thanked us for staying with them, and invited us to please come back soon. Veronika, Miriana and Alfonso we promise to see you again!

Thank you so much to Trip Advisor, as they are responsible for me finding this beautiful paradise called Nizuc Resort and Spa. I read every single review on Trip Advisor for Nizuc and all of the great things mentioned are so true and then some!

I apologize in advance for the lengthy review, but I wanted to share some of the many INCREDIBLE things we encountered during our visit to Nizuc.

As mentioned, we were blessed with several things on this vacation. One was the weather since October is part of hurricane season. It rained one full day then on and off a few times, but for the most part the weather was beautiful! We also feel we were blessed to be offered a very gracious upgrade 3 days into our stay, to a beautiful Garden Villa with Pavilion. WOW! We had our own private little sanctuary! A very special thanks once again to Veronika and our dear butler Alfonso!! We thoroughly enjoyed our luxurious villa with infinity pool and waterfall, outdoor sitting area, and its beautiful private courtyard which was illuminated at night with lanterns and lights!
Lastly, but surely not least, we are obliged to have met a new friend, our butler Alfonso. He is such a kind soul with a mindset to do his job the best he can to his ability, and he does it very well might I say! Nizuc is very fortunate to have such a true gem working with them. We did not need to ask for anything, as he was already thinking what we could possibly need or want as if he was reading our minds. We loved that Alfonso would come out on the property to check in with us. Always smiling and happy to see us even though sometimes we had him waiting a little bit when it was time to get to our dinner reservation. He made us feel extra-special through out our stay and that meant the world to us. On our first day we mentioned having dinner out of the resort at LeBlanc as well as Thai at the La Isla Mall and the next day he had detailed information on LeBlanc and the menu to Thai. However, after our 3rd day we had absolutely no desire what so ever to leave Nizuc! Why would we?! We have vacationed at Leblanc Resort & Spa 3 times, as well as Iberostar Grand Parasio and The Royal Cancun and I must say that the “Butler Services” at each of them was almost, if not absolutely NON-existent! Untouchable to Nizuc!

All of the restaurants we dined at were phenomenal to say the least!
During your meals be prepared to receive delightful little treats in between courses and a nice little chocolate candy ending.
The restaurant that stood out for us was Terra Nostra where Chef Daniele Tonin personally came to each table to say hello and welcome you. Straight to the point - his food is to die for!! I’ve never eaten food that exceptional anywhere in N.J.!
Three nights out of six we were at Terra Nostra. From the very beginning to the very end of every meal, everything was unbelievably delicious! I also wanted to mention the incredible staff at Terra Nostra as they all were so accommodating and sweet.
Marco, Jose Louis - thank you again for the paper roses you made for us.
Indochine was incredible as well as Ramona. We loved everything…from the impeccable service and delectable cuisine, to the beautiful décor and furnishings. Each and every restaurant was gorgeous!
Unfortunately we did not dine at the beautiful La Punta grill. The night we had a reservation there were too many little critters flying around to enjoy it. We suggested screens may help in the future so one may still be able to dine in the open atmosphere surrounded by the jungle setting.

All of the pools are gorgeous with black metallic tile; however the La Punta (adult) pool was our favorite spot. You could smell the fragrant hibiscus plants and flowers in the breeze, it was so relaxing and just picture perfect! We loved the music and vibe. I mentioned to our waiter Victor I liked a song at the pool. He brought over a piece of paper with the name of the song for me! Victor, Louis and Mario are some of the pleasant pool side staff who was always so helpful. Anything we needed; from moving lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels to where ever we wanted to sit, and I could never forget the wonderful smelling hand towels given throughout the day to freshen up! They were such lovely scents each and every time. Another nice touch Nizuc!
Café de la Playa breakfast was incredible. I became addicted to the coffee with cream each morning and I am not a daily coffee drinker! Everything I ordered from the menu was delicious! Orange juice was freshly made in a juicer machine right in front of you.
I agree $45 US is expensive for the buffet, but that included Mimosas as well as numerous options to choose from. We suggested the buffet may be more attractive to guests with offering a less expensive option; one that does not include alcohol for people who do not drink. I only did the buffet one morning (and I LOVE my breakfast), so if it was a little more reasonable I would have opted for the buffet more than just once.

Nizuc does it right with the details! We did notice many little details that I need to mention!
Every ENTIRE piece of silverware and glass was spotless!! Not 1 piece had a water spot or mark on it! Yes, EVERYTHING is immaculately clean!!
The baby powder-scented toilet paper with the Nizuc logo stamped on it – yes we noticed it!
Fiji water was replenished everyday in your room was a very, very nice touch and was much appreciated! As well as the little complimentary snacks passed around at the pool during the day, whether it was assorted fruit on a stick or a pastry of some sort, it was always a nice treat.
A staff member holding up a sign of the daily activities for you to glance at while lounging by the pool or at breakfast, just so they don’t interrupt you or your conversations….what a genius idea!
The cute linen messenger bag that arrived every morning to your door with the daily weather, activities, specials at the restaurants, along with the latest newspaper articles…was another nice touch!
Everyone places their hand to their hearts when you pass them by. It makes us guests feel appreciated that we chose Nizuc for our stay.
The golf carts were a convenient way to get around the resort; I really enjoyed it.
Nizuc sometimes reminded me of a smaller version of the beautiful One & Only Palmilla in Cabo with the golf carts, fire pits and lanterns throughout the resort.
Maid service was incomparable. Tidying up your room and placing things ever so neatly and folded. They fixed anything and everything to look perfect. It was so nice not to have to worry about leaving any belongings out in your room or locking your phone, camera or i-pad up in fear of it disappearing. My best friend left jewelry out at times and everything was perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about at Nizuc! You and all your items will feel very safe. You are locked behind the huge wooden gates within the Nizuc compound which has surveillance cameras throughout the property. It makes a safe and nice feeling as if being in the comfort of your own home.
A few mornings we ran outside on the cobblestone pathways and the golf carts would always offer a ride or stop to provide a cold bottle of water…it was very sweet.
The E-spa looks incredible, but unfortunately for us we ran out of time to be able to do the amazing hydrotherapy or massage treatments. We received a tour of the beautiful spa facilities from Ava who was so personable and sweet. I did take a sound therapy meditation class recommended by Ava, which was very relaxing and perfect after a nice workout in the immaculate fitness center.
The relaxing night life at the resort was perfect for us and was all that we needed.
A beautiful roof-top lounge is set to open above Terra Nostra next month.
The Havana Lounge and Bar-A-Kan, both which are rich and opulent inside and out, you will meet Ana. We really enjoyed our late night conversations and laughing with her.
My best friend fell in love with the snacks of dried Hibiscus flower and Tempura fried olives served at Bar-A-Kan. She mentioned she liked them to one of the butlers - Arturo, by the pool one day, and sure enough a tray of both snacks were sent over for her to enjoy poolside.

I can go on with all the wonderful things we’ve experienced at Nizuc, but to understand fully you will need to experience it all for yourself. You will not be disappointed and I can assure that you will be blown away, just as we were!

Our goal for this vacation was to relax, restore ourselves and be pampered in a luxurious setting and sure enough it was over-achieved at Nizuc!

We will see you in 2014 Nizuc, and THANK YOU for going above and beyond for us in more ways than one!!

Gina and Maryann

Room Tip: The Tower rooms/residences are further away from the main builing but have gorgeous ocean and mangro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank CaboLover18
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The excellent service started with my booking, continued with a free upgrade to a King Suite upon arrival and remained amazing for my whole stay. Nizuc staff, rooms, food and facilities are amazing. It is pricey but worth it as a treat- thank you Nizuc!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank rockchickvic
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Nizuc for our honeymoon Oct 4-8 2013. Before going I read every review on trip advisor and was beyond excited to experience this place for ourselves.

I will start out by saying this will be a long review, because I want to include as much detail as possible.

Pros:
1) We booked through Ultimate Jet Vacations and Byron did an amazing job arranging our stay and threw in a bunch of "extras" to make our experience perfect. Be sure to check them out, and it doesn't cost a thing to have them assist you with your plans!
2) Coming into the resort from the airport was like driving onto the set of Jurassic park, which builds the excitement upon entering paradise!
3) The staff will all greet you and escort you to check-in where they will bring you refreshing hand towels and a drink called, Quetzal. YUM!
4) Our room was upgraded to an ocean suite which was FABULOUS! Highly recommend room 127. A must see for yourself.
5) The staff members are as kind and humble as they come, accommodate your every whim and hold their hand over their hearts and bow as you walk the grounds of the resort. You will always be greeted with a smile. Every day I brought a beach bag to the pool, and Mario would come and graciously offer to carry my beach bag. So thoughtful!
6) At the main pool, you will meet the following staff members, and many others but these are the gentleman that stood out the most.

Mario, who will dress your lounge chair with towels, head pillow, foot pillow and adjusts the umbrella to your liking. You won't even have to ask or wait... he notices when you arrive and then comes quickly to cater to you. He always has a smile.

Victor is the bartender and he will make you any drink on the menu or customize a drink especially for you. Try the tropical margarita infused with basil and habanero vodka.

Joel, the waiter, takes extra care, going over and above to make you feel like a celebrity! His service is outstanding and even notices the details. For instance my husband and I fell asleep in the sunshine and woke up to a new ice bucket and his drink freshly re-mixed! The umbrella was even positioned so we wouldn't sun burn.

7) The breakfast here is AMAZING! It is not your typical "all inclusive" food, which typically all tastes the same after a day or two. You will be wowed at the selection of high quality fine foods and pastries. Every day the chef makes something new to try with a Mexican flare- I recommend you taste whatever she makes. my mouth is still watering as i write this. You will look forward to breakfast every day which is served 7-11:30am.

8) The gym has high end equipment and enough variety to keep you in your routine. There is also a trainer, I forget her name, but she is available daily to do personal classes or group classes. She offered to do a Zumba class for us at no addition cost during our stay. Apples and water are provided after your workout. They also provide ear phones, so if you forget yours don't worry.

9) We did a hydrotherapy treatment at the spa. All you need to do is show up with a swim suit and they will provide EVERYTHING you need. It's a wonderful experience and very relaxing. My therapist (short chin length blonde hair) was such a sweetheart. I didn't speak Spanish and she spoke English a little but we had such a wonderful connection! All I can say, is the pink mud mask hair treatment was probably the best part. I left it in my hair all day while in the sun and rinsed it out before dinner and my hair is still silky soft.

10) The life guards are absolute gems. They all were very accommodating and took us snorkeling, paddle boarding and kayaking which are all "included" activities btw. They took pictures of my husband and I paddle boarding and said we were the first couple to paddle as doubles. They even helped find my husbands sunglasses when he lost them in the ocean by running to get snorkel masks and spent time searching with us until they were found!

11) Infinity pool is so cool. Black tiles make the water appear super dark which is a perfect contrast as you look out over the ocean. Swim up to the bar, or just hang out. The pool plays relaxing spa type music most of the day so you can relax but come late afternoon they kick it up a notch with some upbeat spanish tunes, which was a great transition from the lazy morning.

12) We ate at Ni, make sure you try the ceviche and bread pudding! Yumm! We met chef Perez and chatted with him about my husbands 2 year stay in Peru. The next day chef Perez made us a special dinner which was absolutely delicious! Based on the popularity of the food/menu, it would behoove the resort to give Chef Perez a larger restaurant space.

We also ate at IndoChin and Ramona's and everything we had was delicious! You just cant go wrong.

FOOD BUDGET:
Plan to budget at least $250/day on food and drinks for 2 people. My husband and I are not big eaters and split meals regularly back home so at Nizuc we did the same and spent approx $200/day on meals, snacks and drinks (our breakfast was included in our room package). We were never hungry, and had enough drinks to be completely satisfied. 4 bottles of Fuji water are given to you daily and we took that to the pool-the bartender gave us ice.

13) Every day after dinner we went over to the bar, located off the main lobby, for after dinner drinks ....and sometimes dessert. Ana was our waitress every time and she was not only friendly but went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. She took photos of us around the grounds, brought us pillows to prop our feet up while we watched the big screen and brought us snacks. I really liked the fried hibiscus flower, my husband didn't care for them but I thought they were really good! Ana makes you feel like you're been friends forever and is spectacular at customer service.

14) You do get your own butler... but we cant comment much about this because ours (Eric) was NEVER around. Supposedly they help you take care of things and get you whatever you need. At one point I did need some aloe and our butler had left the grounds, so another butler, her name was leslie, was very accommodating and sweet and brought me what I needed promptly.

15) Turn down service is a nice touch after a busy day. We always looked forward to it. Please leave the maids a nice tip, they work hard :)

16) Be prepared to gain some weight, they give you chocolate every day... And it's sooo good!

17) I was reading a book from the room and a picture of coconut treats sparked my appetite. I was having a raging craving after seeing them, so I asked the waiter if they could make them. A few minutes later, I was being served the coconut treats! Awesome!

So many more but let's move to the cons:

1) Lighting (mainly an issue for women) in the bathroom is horrible. Its really dark, had some trouble putting on makeup at times. It's all mood lighting, which is great for your figure, it's just not that functional. Not a big deal but a small one.

2) Internet times out constantly any you have to log in. After awhile it becomes extremely annoying. Nizuc does need to fix this issue or they will have a lot of complaints to deal with when they are busy.

*** as you can see so few complaints to how many pros there are***

Tips:
1) take pictures of your receipts or ask and for copies so you can look it all over when you check out.

2) bring sunscreen. You can buy it there but it's pricey.

3) take the hotel transportation, it's just totally worth it. Easy.

Nizuc is sure to please even the pickiest person. The staff will not say "no" to any request. We can't say enough about the experience! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank ShandaJacobs
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I just came back last night from our 4 night visit at Nizuc Spa and Resort and had an absolutely amazing and relaxing time. We decided to go to Cancun last minute to celebrate our babymoon. There are several hotels in Cancun and we were looking for something that was high-end, chic, newer and not filled with a tons of drunk singles. This place definitely met our expectations. The customer service is by far amazing. The staff was super friendly and spoke English very well. The hotel just opening in late March, so the facilities were super clean, which I loved, since I am a neat freak and typically only stay at new hotels or newly renovated hotels. The staff was great with meeting our accommodations. We were initially given a room at one of the towers, but this room would have required golf cart transportation to the dining areas and large pool, but since I was 5.5 months pregnant my husband asked if we could be relocated to the main building, and they did not hestitate to make this accommodation! Our room was absolutely perfect. We were oceanfront, which included beautiful views of the lagoon and ocean and views of the swimming pool. Our room included a very large balcony, which we took advantage due to its beautiful views. Our room had its very own Nespresso machine with different pods. The bathroom had a rainshower! The swimming pool was an infinity pool and HUGE! The hotel offers 6 different amazing restaurants and the Mediterranean was our favorite! The Gazpacho was sooo delicious and the pizzas were incredible! Just thinking about it right now makes me drool.

Cons:
Need more lighting in the bathroom. Very difficult to put on my makeup, couldn't tell if I was putting on too much or too little.

Pillows were a little too soft for me. Wish I brought my own pillow. I didn't ask if they had any firmer pillows, wouldn't hurt to ask. I kept forgetting to ask until it was time to sleep....

Wish they offered they pool menu for dinner as well. Had an amazing chicken quesadilla by the pool.

Otherwise everything was great! Before we were leaving the front desk mentioned that they even offer babysitting services for those with children! That'll be great for our next visit with the baby!

One other thing I wanted to mention, you can take the shuttle to the hotel (only ten minutes away) and Nizuc hotel is the first stop. Shuttle is only $18 dollars a person, way cheaper than taking the taxi and super safe. They gave us a discount to take the cab back to the airport for $18 a person so it was worth it back.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the main building with oceanfront 1 level. Great view of ocean and very large balcony...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nannaar
Havre, Montana
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a beautiful resort. We were there during the soft opening, which meant fewer guests and more personalized service. The room was beautiful, though after 2 nights of sleep my back was incredibly sore from the bed (maybe a ploy to get you to use the spa services). We had an ocean view room, with a perfectly situated balcony to watch the sunset. The rainfall shower never had terribly hot water but the bath tub did.

I will say, this is not a resort for the self-sufficient travel. There was ample staff to meet your every need, from valet parking to golf carts that would take you from your room to the pool or beach. This resort is a great way to get away from it all. I don't think you'd even have to leave, if you didn't want to.

I only tried the pool side restaurant and breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was delightful: vast array of fruits, omelets to order, empanadas, cheeses, pastries, fresh juice, yogurts, and more. Be prepared to pay $45 USD for the buffet (and if you want water...that's another $10 USD!) But there was plenty of waitstaff to top off coffee, clear plates, and even follow you around the buffet to take a full plate back to the table.

The infinity pool and swim up bar was beautifully situated to look over the sea. It was a great way to relax (and again, there was ample staff to lay out your beach towels for you!) There are several water sports to try, including kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkeling. There is a small reef right near the resort with some beautiful fish: perfect for a first time snorkeler :-)

All in all, this is a beautiful resort--definitely expensive but a beautiful place to escape.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kalley642
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for four nights for our baby moon. The facility is unbelievable, the attention to detail is out of this world.
We have stayed at many five star resorts all over the world but Nizuc takes it to the next level.
The rooms are gorgeous, we had an ocean front room with a very nice size patio.
We spent most of our time in the main pool which was just the greatest pool ever. The staff is very attentive and are there to serve you in any which way.
There are 6 restaurants and bars on the resort which were all great, but our favorite was Terra Nostra and chef DANIELE TONIN. His food was superb.
We will definitely be back !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple